School hacks / Study tips

Students of mathematics and science, how do you study? What are some tips and good practices you recommend for others?

Leave everything to the end.

Shitpost on Veeky Forums until it's too lat

Do a lot of practice problems

Say I'm going to do a bunch of practice problems, realize I already understand most of the material except for just one thing, then a day before the test realize I should look over multiple things and then decide I can do that in the morning of the test, look over my notes and do no practice problems, and then get an 89 on the test.

>this

Whenever possible, I believe it's best to try and merge the types of learning into one study session.

Just as a example; Do you have audio recordings of lectures? Do you have access to power point lectures your professor uses? Listen to the lectures along side with the corresponding powerpoint slides, all the while distilling the information on a notebook. I can't stress how great this method worked out for me. Being able to read/write down/listen to information at the same time saved me, I went from having a C as a midterm grade to an A as a final grade.

bumping
also post field of study and study hours per day

>Field(s) of study:
Mathematics, physics and chemistry.
>Study hours per day:
Mathematics: 8 hours a day.
Physics: 1 hour a day.
Chemistry: 1 hour a day.
This will change once I've passed my mathematics test with flying colours. Probably something more like:
Mathematics: 4 hours a day.
Physics: 4 hours a day.
Chemistry: 2 hours a day.
>My routine:
7-8: Get up, go for long walk/jog and exercise.
8-9: Have breakfast, brushteeth and shower.
9-10: Study mathematics.
10-11: Study mathematics.
11-12: Study mathematics.
12-1: Have lunch, relax and do some cardio to ready yourself again.
1-2: Study mathematics.
2-3: Study mathematics.
3-4: Study mathematics.
4-5: Study mathematics.
6-7: Have dinner, relax and so some cardio to ready yourself again.
7-8: Study mathematics.
8-9: Study physics.
9-10: Study chemistry.
10-11: Do some exercise, have snack; brushteeth, have shower and relax for bed.
11-7: Sleep eight hours and awake refreshed and ready to start again.

And the reason I'm posting on Veeky Forums during what should be:
>3-4: Study mathematics.
Is that this is my recovery day from the preceeding holidays: Christmas, Boxing Day; New Year, et al.

When do you wank?

Before bed, normally in the shower.

showering twice a day is bad dude

when I was taking math, phys (EM), and chem one semester is was more like

math 6 hours
chem 4 hours
phys 25 hours a day

I suffer from mysophobia, an facet of my Asperger's OCD.

Well, sleep is really important, so I'm trying to make the most of my time, whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

I don't get why people jerk off in the shower. I need to have some visual stimulus so I don't get intrusive thoughts while feeding the geese.

Writing notes, paying attention during lectures. Comprehending the information.
I also like to look through the material before we get to it, read ahead in the textbook, etc because you remember the material during the class and it helps reinforce the information. Learning on your own also is pretty helpful, even if you don't get all the minute details.

>Fields of study
Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics

>Study hours/day
----What I do:
Maths~
(including assignments): 1 hour
(not): 0 hours
Physics~
(including assignments): 2.5 hours
(not): 1 hour
Computer Science~
(including assignments/projects): 2 hours
(not): 0 hours

----What I should be doing (since this is about good practice, optimally):
Maths: 3-4 hours
Phys: 3-4 hours
CompSci: 1-2 hours

It is easier to dispose of the semen and you are much less likely to be interrupted.

Here's a killer study tip: Don't ever stop, don't ever fall behind. It's hard enough to stay afloat anyways, and it'll be harder when your lungs are full of water.

Literally do all the problems. Just practice bro.

how do I stay awake during study
I get enough sleep and the only time I ever get sleepy within minutes is when I'm studying.

You're not sleepy just lazy.

Go to the public library and look at those kids studying for their PCAT / MCAT / LSAT.

You'll legit feel bad about feeling lazy.

Do you listen to music of some sort while studying?

I don't really study... I just sort of glance at my lecture notes and say, 'Yeah, I remember that.'

I don't really know the first thing about finding practice problems and the like, and I don't really have the attention span to read textbooks in any detail. Sometimes I wish I did develop some kind of meaningful study habits; I always do well in my classes (my GPA is above 4.0), but I often finish each semester thinking I could know the material better.

are you in high school?

>above 4.0
MEME

No. I attend a top-5 US university.

my highschool had above 4.0 gpa, at least for AP credit

>practicing
>not knowing everything after just reading the textbook

This is sound logic

Not an argument.

Get a phd in mathematics.
300k starting.
Any job you want.

#lifehack

Same. When I heard that people actually read the physics textbooks I was surprised. Seems like so much work. Doing the assigned hw or quiz is usually good enough

Just study you stupid fuckfaces

Not an argument.

Skip class, and teach myself from the book.

It always works because I never feel properly prepared, and end up being really over-prepared.

Also math lectures are normally really boring. Teaching myself from the book requires a lot more engagement, and is actually a lot more interesting if it's a solid book.

Not an argument.

I found my maths lectures to be really poorly taught.

I taught myself from the book.

The book i used had so many errors in the problem solutions.

Needless to say i only scraped a pass at university. On the other hand, the average mark for people across the class who attended lectures was 30%... Which is a failure.

Lel

Even this is too much work. Practice problems is the easier route.

GPA literally does not exceed 4.0 anywhere unless you're on some weird, non-standard system, and I highly doubt the top-5 universities do that.

I suck my dick before every study session.
There is a tip for you all.

sounds more like a tip for yourself

Yeah he goes to Internet Roleplay University

Kek. Nice digits btw

Do all of the practice problems, even if they're easy.
Flash cards.
Mnemonics.
Do your fucking readings.
ALWAYS nap after you study. Always.

when do you shit post on Veeky Forums like you are doing right now you fucking liar.

You're right, I should've noted this before; the method I offered is gonna be specific to the material you're learning. Audio recordings won't be terribly helpful in a math class since a lot of visual info can be lost.

I used my method for a neuroscience class, for instance.

user, you might to want to delete this post as when people see you missed this , quite literally below this post . They'll notice that you aren't even really reading the thread, rather trying to find something to be offended by as to get a reaction.

I imagine this is pretty embarrassing for you, to be called out, so if you delete your post, I'll delete this post and you wont have to worry about looking like a brainlet.

commit suicide for you are too dumb and posess no strength of will to compete with fellow students.
Used to be no1 now im not even top 20 my school.. I HATE THIS, studying is sooo cancer holy shit..

MIT has a 5 point scale, it mostly just exists so that their students look artificially good when applying foe internships

Grade Inflation Galore

Repetition cements your knowledge and makes identifying the solution process much faster. Knowing how to find the solution quickly means answering questions should take a little less time, and the time that would've otherwise been spent finding the right formulas to use can give you a bit more time with each problem to actually find the solution.

Get proper sleep
Do practice problems
If your professor is shit at teaching then take the initiative and find another resource
If you can, stick with friends which aren't lazy as fuck. You'll pick up their habits

To real

This, I swear this place is full of fucking idiots with bullshit routines that they claim to do every day, nobody's buying it, just like nobody buys those faggots at Veeky Forums saying they have like 15 differenent hobbies (and none include videogames, anime or movies) all of which they're advanced at.

do you mean to say that people lie on the internet?

Depends on what the textbook is, sometimes they're meant to be supplementary material rather than just a rehash of the lectures. At the very least, I find that hearing things in a different way helps solidify my understanding.

nice fantasy

This works great. But there are draw backs. It consumes a lot of time and the professor sometimes slips up during lecture