Its Halloween fuckers. Post your reading lists for this month

Its Halloween fuckers. Post your reading lists for this month.

Halloween isn't a season, you nigger.

Its a whole month as far as i'm concerned faggot [and lit needs an excuse to read genre fiction from time to time]

Finishing Grapes of Wrath today.
Next is For the Common Good followed by Beyond Growth.
A reread of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Maybe I'll be able to start One Hundred Years of Solitude

Basically what I haven't read of this list

>thinks Samhain means October
lel

both Penguin volumes of M.R. James stories
Ambrose Bierce - Ghost and Horror stories
probably some Aickman and Ligotti

>Ambrose Bierce, Poe and Ligotti on the same chart as Stephen King and rom hack Creepypastas

Gonna continue my tradition of listening to the (Danzig era) Misfits discography every Halloween. Don't think I'll get around to any horror reads, though.

a few more contemporary authors that that list misses:
T.E.D. Klein - Dark Gods (novella collection) and The Ceremonies (novel)
Karl Edward Wagner - In a Lonely Place
Nathan Ballingrud - North American Lake Monsters (highly recommended)
Andrew Michael Hurley - The Loney

the bible

oh yeah and Tom Piccirilli - A Choir of Ill Children. Southern Gothic infused body horror.

bamp

Ayy I just bought those M.R. James books.

I am a Cat, Lolita, and then maybe Ulysses if I don't find anything else that catches my interest.

Notes from the underground
apparently its like 4cham before Veeky Forums existed

Pretty generic. Got Stephen King's Night Shift and another complication of stories by Lovecraft. Lurking thread to find more.

Thank god someone else finally mentioned that Ballingrud collection, the last story in it spooked the heck out of me, and the one about the neo nazis is just a straight up great story.

Also I plan on reading Le Fanu and M R James this october

>Murricans think Halloween is a month
Is this one of those capitalism things?

>a period that covers 31st of October to 1st of November
kek, big difference

No, just an Australian is bored as fuck and no one is into horror. Better live it up

The Moons at your Door

I like Ligotti.

this is some pretty spooky stuff

Trying to finish The Recognitions
Long way to go
I might pick up The Confidence Man or a collection of Chekov's stories afterward.
I don't give a flying fuck about Halloween desu.

Samhain means November. The holiday it originated as was to mark the start of November.
The Christians then adopted it as the evening vigil before All Saints' (Hallows') Day, which is also still in November, and which is followed by All Souls' Day for those not definitely in Heaven like your relatives.

The second Seeker Bears book
Warrior Cats: Fire and Ice
Varjak Paw
The first three A Series of Unfortunate Events books

That's it, probably, unless I find something else interesting at the library. I wanna read the Survivor Dogs books but for some reason they have the sequels but not the first book.

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is brimming with warm, autumnal imagery. Very comfy October read.

All of the Goosebumps.

Aikman's Heirs anthol., Wehunt's Greener Pastures and maybe Barron's new collection, Swift to Chase.

>Slaughterhouse Five
>Some collection of Lovecraft stories
>All Quiet on the Western Front (for a class)
>Stoner
>Embassytown
>The Good Soldier
>Solaris
>Started War and Peace, hopefully will finish by December

Is that even a fiction book?

They are two different holidays

I'm rereading The Terror. It's easier the second time to get through the grrm style unnecessary text of the beginning parts. And I still love it when it starts picking up. I can feel the chill.

They've started casting for the tv show. I'm fucking excited as I think it will translate really well to television. I also heard they mamaged to find the actual hms Terror wreck recently.

And here I thought I was the only person to have read Varjack Paw. Very long while ago though, in high school.

>Is that even a fiction book?

read it