How lit are you?

How lit are you?

20/100 and have another 5-10 in waiting. I think I'll probably try them all at some point.

Dab

>Fight club
>hitchiker's guide
>do androids dream
>HARRY POTTER
>silmarillion
>the hobbit
>Dune
holy SHIT what an awful list

44/100

Not too bad.

i guess i should probably read infinite jest at some point

seven picks out of 100 is enough for you to dismiss the whole list

obnoxious hipsters are the worst people, number one on the genocide list

if i gave you 100 skittles and told you 7 of them were poisoned and would kill you, would you eat all the skittles?

>Fight club
>hitchiker's guide
>do androids dream

>Its fun, so it must be awful

shit, you are so full of yourself

i fucking love skittles and i'm suicidally depressed, this is a best case scenario

>doesn't find good literature fun
>thinks i only dislike bad literature because it's fun
pleb alert

>do androids dream of electric sheep
>silmarillion
>the hobbit
>Dune

Literally nothing wrong with these though.

45/100 isn't so bad I guess.

43/100
I must fap now to reward myself for my fapworthiness

13/100 :'(
There's a fair amount of writers I've read on this list, just not the works on the list. Still, it's quite shameful

To be fair that's a terrible list, most of these works rank from terrible to decent and have nothing to do on a Top 100.

44...this list is truly shit
7/10 of the top ten
someone ban mentioning the stranger from Veeky Forums...no offense to it, but it's the first book everyone goes to to be like n--noo-no I'm not a total non-reading loser who didn't even do his hs reading, I'm reading the stranger!

What are the colours for?

Yeah, it's entry level as fuck. Doesn't mean it's not a great book though. I've read well over 200 books so far and it's still probably up there in my top 10.

underrated post

>toplists

Who the FUCK makes these and why are they always so fucking disgusting and shit-tier? /mu/ has the absolute same problem.

BTFO

I've read the stranger, the picture of dorian grey, the catcher in the rye, nineteen eighty four, siddhartha, the metamorphosis, the wasp factory, on this list. I've been trying to finish more of these books, but I guess I'm not that lit yet :(

not really. it's basically run of the mill lol I'm so depressed XD humor

44 too - why such similar #s

You've all taken the bait on the same memes

>XD
Citation needed.

Pretty good for an extremely lazy reader.

7/100

13/100

Why target the Stranger in particular though? Gatsby, 1984, The Catcher in the Rye, Dorian Gray, Catch-22, Notes from Underground and a few others are just as entry-level.

i haven't read any of these

48/100. Forgot to mark hitchhiker's.
By the end of the year I'll probably have read East of Eden, Grapes of Wrath, Catcher, and Solitude as well so that'll put me up to somewhere like 52.

Sad days when I'm the most well read person on Veeky Forums

Of these 100 books I haven't read a single one. lol

forgot pic

48, making me middlebrow/100

11/100
Making me an ascending pleb.
Lolita and I am a Cat are both borrowed and awaiting me to start reading them.

do yourself a favor and get the fuck off Veeky Forums before everyone you know realizes you have no personality

So.... you make a fucking list if your taste in literature is as superior as you seem to think it is.... ass.

I've been here for months m8

even I am like 17/100, and I'm not lit in the slightest. What the fuck dude.

How can you be over the age of 20 and not have already read half of these?

i have more

thank God

Because it's not that great of a list? It's a weird combination of college lit 101 reading list and books where people only like them because of the movie but they don't want to admit it.

ive read 21 of these. So much trash on this list.

45. I'm pretty happy with that.

Half of that list is mediocre anglo stuff that isn't considered important in countries with a strong literary tradition.

33/100... more than I expected

The Great Gatsby was absolutrly awful, shouldn't have even been published.
Picture of Dorian Gray was great.

>posting the 2014 chart
>not 2015
Kys imgurfag

why the fuck is the Silmarillion here but not the Lord of the Rings?

50/100

East of Eden and Grapes of Wrath are both great. Haven't read the other 2.

>no offense to it
reading comprehension guys

my list: ij, stranger, bros k, lolita, moby, gr, the trial, ulysses, dorian, catcher, sound, 1984, gatsby, hamlet, 100 years of solitude, sid, anna karenina, waves, master and margarita, white noise, wuthering heights, dubliners, similzzzion, hobbit, crying of lot 49, as i lay dying, met, naked lunch, sun also rises, leaves of grass, harry potter, on the road, lord of the flies, poaaaalm, light in august, bible, alice, absalom, animal farm, fight club, franny n zooey, walden, good earth, slaughterhouse v

1/2ish read: old man and the sea, tale of two cities, to the lighthouse, 2666, huck finn, odyssey in school or whatever

>16/20
Not lit at all

Because I don't read so that I can finish some arbitrary list?

29/100

41 and shit list

7.5/100 and one short story from Dubliners.

That includes Hitchhiker's guide, Harry Potter and the Hobbit though.

This is stuff that you don't need to be told to read, if you've been reading for some time you've already hit most of these without doing it intentionally.
This is 75/25 an anglo board my man.

12/100

Fucking horrible but a lot of the books on this list don't interest me at all so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

can someone tell me if lit has a discord server?

>This is 75/25 an anglo board my man.
It shows, user, it shows.

>implying I care about crossing off a memelist filled with shitty books as points out

>implying I want my reading to become a chore as I plod through Veeky Forumss top 100

My book selection process is organic, intuitive and most importantly, enjoyable. I still have read a huge chunk of the Veeky Forums top 100, but that is a function of reading widely and often, not because I want to X-off a stupid list.

woh hey pal you leave philip k dick the fuck out of this

uh huh

damn you faggots are insufferable

>memelist
>most of these books are widely regarded as the finest works of literature in their respective countries

>Iliad below the Odyssey
How the fuck

61/100. Still lots of basic books for me to read.

So are the images also the recommended translation/edition or?

no

25/100

i haven't even read the stranger, but you come off as completely ignorant by targeting it when you could say that same about 50% of the list

>newfriend detected
If you hang around for a few more months you'll see the threads where some industrious misguided turd decides to make a strawpoll or google doc vote to figure out """"""""""Veeky Forums's top 100"""""""""". Usually happens at around new years, then it gets posted to reddit and the top post on Veeky Forums for new next few days is people being disgusted with reddits opinion.

What was Book of Disquiet like?

>le "ive been here all summer meme"
kek

>Actual authors such as Orwell and Salinger playing second fiddle to David Fuckface Wallace and his book about wheelchair assassins, wives born without skulls and living happily with floppyface, years named after the Burger King whopper, purposely incorrect French phrases and a movie that you watch until you shit yourself and fucking die and the government trying to make a movie to counter that movie.

Why.

Why is this man so popular.

>getting mad about this
>missing the point
I'm not targeting the book, I'm targeting the number of idiots who hold it up like they're a real Veeky Forums boy now when they otherwise haven't read anything. It's an ok book, but it's not a place to end or something to brag about having read if you're older than 15.
>i haven't even read the stranger,
lol

41/100
Moby-Dick is my favorite book on that list.

>Crying of Lot 49
>Delillo

Kek