So Ferrante got doxxed

So Ferrante got doxxed.

And she earned 7.6 million euros last year.

nybooks.com/daily/2016/10/02/elena-ferrante-an-answer/

literally who

Veeky Forums is 20 years behind as usual

this doxxing is fucked up :(

>this doxxing is fucked up :(

>her face when

I can't believed she didn't reply to him after he went through the trouble to invade her privacy.

I've always been curious as to who she is, but I really dislike this idea of unveiling her when she didn't want to reveal herself. I was just hoping she come out and cop to it one day.

I'm sorry, but if someone has 7.6 million euros I don't give a shit about their feelings or privacy.

>rich people don't deserve rights because they are rich
Come on now.

They don't, at least not "rights" like privacy. Having that much money means they're hardly "people" at all anymore because the sheer privilege that comes with being that obnoxiously rich is like being royalty from hundreds of years ago.

Leave the lady alone.

The investigator gives lame justifications for exposing her.

I'm Italian and all my friends remotely interested in contemporary literature are flipping out. I like her books and recommend them to foreigners interested in our literature. The NYR article certainly does a good job of explaining "what" and "how" but I don't understand the "why". Doxxing is pretty terrifying and she's done nothing beyond privately reap the rewards of being a commercially successful writer. My country likes to demonize success, particularly of the entrepeneurial variety, so she'll probably be accused of some form of tax evasion like she was here with the example of purchasing a second home using a different name.

Italian Knausgaard.

>Doxxing is pretty terrifying
Boo fucking hoo. With that much money she can just hire some bodyguards and invest in a security system.

Shut up. Maybe she just wanted privacy

What are the odds this is just a play by her publisher to sell more books?
You're stupid.

Imagine how different the reaction would be if it were Pynchon.

Pynchon isn't a pseudonym you retard.

lol who cares you pussies

What would there even be to react to? We know his name. We basically know what his life was like. We even know where he lives (roughly) and who he's married to (his agent). There just wouldn't be any point to doxxing him.

>pussies

Um, this board is for sensitive literary aesthetes? Please post elsewhere.

gynocentric feminazi hysteria exposed once again

No, he's right. You're a pussy. A bleeding pussy.

wow. I don't want to know but I want to know. I respect and admire her desire of privacy, letting the art speak for itself, destroying the idea of biography and sublimating an idea of hers into her fiction, without letting the former overwhelm the latter. but i'm still so curious.

i'm literally finishing off the last hundred pages of Story of the Lost Child. but i will read this after i've finished it off. she's one of the greatest writers. i'm astounded by these books. other than the neapolitan novels and days of abandonment, is anything else as good?

>sublimating an idea of hers into her fiction
Isn't is just a semi-fictionalized memoir like Knaussgard's shit? Why do people have to make it sound more elaborate than it actually is?

Commie please leave.

>she's one of the greatest writers

yes yes, tolstoy is shaking and dante is weeping!

Too bad, she is really wonderful writer.

I see you dont read

Sour grapes

It isnt complex, it is a deeply sincere conversation with the reader, and very well done.

>I dont read anything but what my teacher and Veeky Forums tells me to read

I'm a bit bummed out, I wanted to give her books a try but I can't now that I know she looks like that

That's the dumbest reason not to read I've seen in a while

He's joking.

Knowing Veeky Forums I wouldn't be so sure

I was joking... though the blonde dye probably has bumped her down the backlog a few notches