here are two works that he did on Ancient Kingdoms and Ancient Prophecies

gutenberg.org/files/15784/15784-h/15784-h.htm

gutenberg.org/files/16878/16878-h/16878-h.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss#Religious_views
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_LemaƮtre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, he spent the majority of his life studying things most people would consider bullshit occultism.

his knowledge of biblical history though is astounding

believing in God doesn't make you "weird"

He looks handsome like an alt-model in that pic :) x

It's not hard to believe scientists were into scientism.

In civilized places it does

Tips fedora?

he died a virgin. what a fucking nerd

I'm a virgin am I a nerd as well

at least he did something with his life
at difference of you that have done nothing but shitpost in an anime imagebord

>bullying autists in the year 2016

normies need to be grateful for these firestealers and stfu

wait Newton was an autist?

His weirdness was enhanced by the mercury poisoning

So ? Most bohos have at leats mild lead poisoning from their service lines in their bhipster neighborhoods

Most exceptionally gifted thinkers who laid the foundations of today's maths and sciences were deeply religious.
Only faggot left pseuds like bill nye and Neil dispute Christianity

>"faggot left pseud"
Well you sound intelligent and well-balanced

>Most exceptionally gifted thinkers who laid the foundations of today's maths and sciences didn't have access to electricity
>Only faggot left pseuds dispute not having access to electricity

maybe he thought pussy was gross?

Hey reddit

Your just jelus of my mad dank posting skilks topkek
Keep fliffing, famalam

Deeply religious in a deistic way, sure.

yes, but still religious and follows the ways of the bible

>ways of the bible

You're telling me that people who lived in a time where you're killed if you don't follow "the ways of the bible" followed the ways of the bible and had to bullshit their way through the priest caste in order to have their works published and not be executed? Interesting concept, tell me more.

lmaoo, wow reddit has been infesting this place. your telling me Newton faked his religious beliefs his entire life? despite his personal journals and letters say the exact opposite? >www.reddit.com

I thought we were talking about most exceptionally gifted thinkers of the time.

is this bait? did i bite? or are you really this dumb, im actually confused

>Most exceptionally gifted thinkers who laid the foundations of today's maths and sciences were deeply religious.

they were

Like many people with intensely pronounced analytical skills, he seems to also have had a freakish memory and furious interest .

Most people in the past, even the highly educated, probably sincerely believed in god even if their beliefs weren't as consistent and orthodox as modern day theists might have you believe. There simply wasn't enough theoretical justification to believe otherwise. So much of the inexplicable natural phenomena of the past is well understood with science these days that the god of the gaps is puny and hardly worth believing in while it was mighty back then. Even I as an atheist can respect and acknowledge that the people who built the modern world were for the most part religious.

lol at all the butthurt reddit bill nye fags cause the fathers of the maths and sciences they study were thought of by religious individuals

Who else besides Issac Newton?

I've found that such people are more deistic rather than what constitutes modern day Christian worship, with beliefs like Aquinas that's more of a base for scientific thought rather than what is commonly preached.

No they were thought of by scientific individuals, their religion was coincidental.

google it yourself you dumb lazy faggot.

>he thinks Aquinas was a deist

wew

Yes, and?

>civilized places

Like reddit?

not in the 17th/18th century it didn't

a lot of early scientists were religious. so what? that's just the way the world was when they were alive. it doesn't make their work any less valid. Newton is widely regarded as one of the most important scientists of all time and no modern physicist would think any the less of him just because he was a god botherer.

it wasn't until after Darwin that religious belief started to die out amongst scientists. today prominent scientists who are religious are a rarity and are generally considered to be a bit weird and rightly so.

*smirks*

but you didn't invent gravity

This. Only savage countries are still religious.

The opposite is true; atheists are very wicked and are only now considered normal now that the wicked influence has spread and corrupted so many. They're modern day sophists, every arrogant detail of them reflects greatly the sophists (all generations of them, and different types of atheists lean more towards a specific generation).
nice appeal to authority, are you going to post some idiot with an undergrad education like Nye refuting theology now? Take your ideology somewhere else burgerboy.
That was never a thing, only those that actively tried to challenge the authority of God were tried. Occultists may have been executed but occultists at the time were the real deal as opposed to today's edgelords that wouldn't even cut an earthworm in half.
Science does not understand anything, it only predicts.

I may be mistaken, but I am fairly sure Hume brought an end to the 'prediction/modeling = understanding' myth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss#Religious_views

and even in the last 200 years major scientists have been Catholic priests, like Mendel (genetics) and Lemaitre (the big bang)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_LemaƮtre

Where are the baltics?
Estonia is one of the least spiritual country in the world

t. Finn

Communism is a religion.

The baltics have been pretty right wing after the SU

The nordics are communist compared to estonia

>euclid and pythagoras laid the foundations of math
>euclid, pythagoras and archimedes were christian
>hat meme is an argument

>with beliefs like Aquinas
Confirmed of not understanding Aquinas at all

>Christians invented mathematics! Don't believe the stories about Babylonia!
>Christians invented philosophy! Don't believe Greek propaganda!
>Christians invented everything good! Trust me!
>If you don't agree you're a leftist! And a faggot! And a pseud!

You're exactly the kind of person who would claim that Mozart was black if you were one

>pythagoras laid the foundations of math
Nope, Pythagoras was just some dude who thought numbers were magic.

>euclid and pythagoras (and archimedes) laid the foundations of math
No they weren't, they took everything they new from earlier philosophers and Egyptians.

Both of which were more religious than them themselves.
Shut it, you sophist; he said they were RELIGIOUS not CHRISTIAN.

He used CHRISTIANITY as an example since THAT IS WHAT DOMINATED EUROPE DURING THE RELEVANT PERIOD.

actually when newton explained newtonian mechanics with math alone, although at first shocking, that was arguably when people began to realize that metaphysics (souls, spirituality, essence, etc) was superfluous and physics and math were able to explain most things. even as late as descartes, who didnt quite advance all the way to calculus, assumed that there was some metaphysical force moving the stars, not just physics alone.

>Pythagoras was just some dude who thought numbers were magic.

yeah you might think that now but just you wait until you have to work out the length of a hypoteneuse

who's gonna come to save you then huh? huh?

>believe in 'Science'
>get kicked out of my Continental Philosophy study group

Feels bad man.

What do you expect? It's Issac fucking Newton. He's the GOAT.

Just because all civilised nations aren't religious doesn't mean that all irreligious nations are civilised.

>that was arguably when people began to realize that metaphysics (souls, spirituality, essence, etc) was superfluous and physics and math were able to explain most things.
Top reductionism.

>Shut it, you sophist

Sophism is the only way once you realize there is no 100% truth, and 99,9999...% truths can be distorted
Revel in your feelings, for what feels right is your truth and therefore the only indicator of what you should do

Why are you people trying to discredit the baltics?