Do you listen to classical music while reading?

Do you listen to classical music while reading?

Only if I'm not reading.

Sometimes

NO!!!

Yes.

No but sometimes I'll play my flute

if I'm reading erotica

I listen to it in between reading breaks. can only read about 20 pages of a novel at a time.

I only read in silence. If I'm in a place where I can't get silence then I just put in earbuds and listen to ambient/instrumental music

no that'd be fedorable

>"listening" to classical music while "reading"

If you think that you can devote enough attention to either of these activities to make it worthwhile while doing them simultaneously then you are deluding yourself.

Only Boulez, once a year.

this

Boulez

If you are that small minded then you have our pity.

No but I'll sometimes listen to it while writing.

F

Reminder.

>each album is 50 hours long

I'm not really into 20th century classical.

only one of those records is 20th century classical

also you're a pleb

Gorecki, Part, Boulez (if I not mistaken), Ligeti, Penderecki, it's more than one;

prove it

>Faust

One of these things is not like the others

I hope you're not implying that Faust is good.

If it's soft and non-distracting yes. I like ambient too for reading.

᠎ ᠎ ᠎

᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎

mostly tim hecker and stuff like that

Then you're not actually listening to the music, moron.

Tam-tam

That's because I'm primarily reading user

Obviously. The point is, you shouldn't even play serious music if you are unable to give your full attention to it.

Prove it

Agreed. You should only read while listening to stupid crap liek Aphex Twin or something.

1. You're not listening to the music if you're reading.
2. You shouldn't be playing any music period.

This.

If it's literature, no, if it's an educational piece then I might.

It's called background noise. If I don't to give my full attention to it then it's my choice right? Who's even autistic enough to give their full attention to ambient when it's usually a similar sound for 10 minutes at a time? Sometimes I read with no music and sometimes I do, who the hell cares. I think I gauge listening to music or not depending on the attention the book needs.

Yes, and on an entirely different level than any album on the top.

>It's called background noise
>It
I hope you're not referring to music, because music isn't noise.

Nope, they're all pseudcore. I guess that explains your admiration.

That's a no, just while reading. I promise I give music full attention while not reading though.

>Richard D. James
>Soundtracks for the Blind
>bad

>shit taste
>shit reaction image

It's not classical music therefore it's bad.

Hvis, Aesthethica, SftB, Bitches Brew, Tago Mago, TMR, MPP, Faust and 13 songs are all better than any modern classic

Maybe if you don't actually listen to music......

Why the hate for ambient music?

see

Isn't that the casebook example of "pure ideology"?

Do you also listen to jazz while you look at art?

This is why I left /mu/, because of this cancerous idea that taste is what you put after a meme arrow, and that no other justification or understanding of music is required. You simply saw someone criticizing things you like and replied with "nuh-uh". What has anyone gained from this comment? Nobody, except you, who feel better for letting other people know that you like Soundtracks for the Blind and Richard D. James, because you're an egoistic, attention-whoring sack of shit. Guess what - you can shove your opinions back up your asshole because they are nothing more than background noise and a waste of bandwidth.

I don't turn it on specifically for reading but I sometimes leave it on.
Made me laugh, have a (you).

>implying Veeky Forums isn't the same

why?

I'm not mad, I'm not arguing against it, I would just like to know why.
Surely as a learned, intellectual, rational user you only come to conclusions through a logical process. Let us mortals hear how it goes like.
Why should you not play serious(a) music if you're unable to give your full(b) attention to it?

(a) (b) are terms to be defined prior to the logical algorithm itself.

I listened to the complete beethoven's late string quartets while reading last night.

You didn't actually listen to them, though. It better have been the Takacs recording, by the way.

Only stuff I'm really familiar with so that it doesn't distract me.

It was the takacs recording.

>tfw there will never be a great composition of classical music ever again

Low quality post gets a low quality response, my friend. If you really want me to articulate the merits of RJD and SftB, I will.

But if you think you venting your luggage about /mu/ has any more worth than a Veeky Forums reaction image, you have a delusion to work through. The only difference between your shitpost and mine is the name-calling. I wont even call you a cuck or a manlet.

It's funny to think in a hundred years people will call the music of drake, eminem and kanye to be classical music.
It will be so different from today's classics like Mozart and Orchestra.

>people will fall for this

LOL

TMR is much better than Faust

pseudcore is good

Actual, literal, unironic autism

Please tell me how kanye west and drake match the talent of Mozart and Orchestra?

What is A2 and B6 from down albums?

Good taste.

There are plenty. You might as well say there won't be a great poem, a great painting, a great film, etc. ever again. You probably actually think that, though.

>being this pleb

while the takacs has done EXCELLENT work in many pieces, when it comes to late beethoven where the competition is fierce, they're second fiddle.

quartetto italiano, vegh, alban berg, guarneri all rank comfortably above the takacs. and then you have a litany of comparably erratic recordings to the takacs, like lindsays, yale, hungarian, amadeus, busch, etc. who can all claim to be on par with takacs.

Same, either classical or 20's music.

I listen to Frank Zappa while I read too

No. If I need to cancel out sound I just put on white noise, heck I even prefer it to complete silence much of the time.

>memeing fuzzy old shit
yeah i'll stick with my perfectly clear audio any day

the bulk of those have better audio than the takacs you pleb

Burzum and liturgy is a fucking joke