Validity of IQ and psychometric testing

cerebrals.org/jcti/index.html

Do you believe this test to be an accurate indication of fluid intelligence? Is IQ valid in any way shape, specifically for higher intelligence?

What about the 7 intelligence theory? Post scores

Other urls found in this thread:

test.mensa.no/
brainsize.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/calculating-your-reaction-time-iq-using-a-user-friendly-reaction-time-test/
faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html
cerebrals.org/jcti/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>test made by someone who cannot get all the questions right themselves
>valid

"The JCTI is a computerized nonverbal intelligence test designed with figurative items which don’t require acquired knowledge. The JCTI has been developped so that the number of items (up to 52) is individually adapted according to the test-taker’s performance. Thanks to the nonverbal nature of its items, this test is suitable for testing persons without cultural bias. It yields with a Reasoning Index (RIX), an age-referenced standard score that uses a mean of 100, and 15 points per standard deviation.

Along with excellent Alpha reliability coefficients over ages (ranged from .92 to .96 in persons aged 7:5 years to 62 years; the value for the entire sample gathering 1,020 persons was .95), the JCTI RIX has also demonstrated high validity. As a result of factor analysis for construct validity, the JCTI showed to be very highly loaded on the general ability factor (.88) that latently linked it to the subscales of the Scholastic Assessment Test-Recentered (SAT-I) and proved to be the most loaded in inductive reasoning (.96)."

bump test may take hours for completion

Took the test once scored 121

Took it a second time scored 115

Its a difficult one takes lots of time and patience. Might even be valid.

Another test i can recommend is the mensa test of norway.Also its much faster to complete.

test.mensa.no/

I get different scores ever fucking time I take one of these.

Too lazy to take IQ tests. There's a correlation between reaction time and IQ. I just took a reaction time test.

142 master race.

brainsize.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/calculating-your-reaction-time-iq-using-a-user-friendly-reaction-time-test/

faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html

If any of the question types repeat on these tests across tests, they aren't valid. Someone can learn how to do problem x one time after they get it wrong, and they'll be able to devise a method to get it right from that point on, essentially defeating the purpose of the test. They only work if an uneducated person takes them once and on a blind run. That way we aren't measuring a person's ability to recognize previously seen patterns or solve old problems with new input, but whether they can recognize patterns or solve problems at all.

this test is highly accurate in telling you your IQ and is better than something like iqtest.dk although incredibly bizzare and difficult admittedly. frequent breaks and a clear head should be accounted for when attempting this

Got a 152, and think they're useless. Might be a measure of your overall comprehension, but you can have the highest IQ and laziest work ethic. Absolutely meaningless to me in the regard of what I do in life - I just do it, not fantasize about how smart I am all the time.

Will taking it a third time be meaningful? Or will my score be distorted by the previous trys ?

>cerebrals.org/jcti/index.html
I dont know that I trust this test considering you can get an 82 by skipping all the questions and claiming you maxed out on the ACT and SAT.

what happens when you put no info for the ACT/SAT?

i did that but put nothing for the scores

I got a 63 by including no scores and skipping all questions.

Make sure to match the age?

This test just keeps giving you higher reported IQ as a result of the total number of problems you get correct prior to getting 5 incorrect answers total, and the questions repeat from test to test.
You can hack this by answering until you get to a problem you cant answer, guessing, using your skips and seeing if you get to use 5 or 4. If you use all 5 skips, your guess was correct. 4 and your guess was incorrect. Rinse and repeat (preferably with an automated script) to hack for desired score.

On top of this, you can inflate by lying on the reports on the final pages asking for standardized test scores.

>tfw to smart to believe in IQ

I got bored half way and guessed randomly and got the same score as you. It's kind of fucking unbelievable that the average person does worse than me just doing half the test.

Based on the people i've asked it seems to overestimate your score by around ten points. Makes sense since i'm 135 on the WISC but 147 for reaction time.

im only 20 iq pts behind a man (einstein) who debunked the majority of physics by thinking about trains. And seeing as physics deals with true complexity and other science do not, its even more reasonable for a 140 to be able to trash your kind than it was for a 160 to trash physics ;)
if ur iq was above 140 u wouldnt be as butthurt about the concept of a 140 hyp grad lurking this beta barn..
so the logical conclusion is that ur iq is lower than 140 (possibly much lower)

if you met me in real life you would instantly be blown into a world where all that mattered was getting me to acknowledge your existence and even hopefully be your friend... But i would probably find you to be a desperately uninteresting person and want you to exit my awareness as fast as possible.
the fact that i dont lie about my iq is what gives me the edge necessary to call you an inferior little girl who couldnt understand basic physics, and BE RIGHT ABOUT IT.

honestly if i woke up one morning and for some reason my thinking capacity had devolved to your level, it would take me less than 5 min to run to the kitchen and slit my throat...
maybe your going to tell me u work at goldman..
but ud still be way inferior, as is anybody who projects their iq to be higher than it is..

maybe thats the point, inferiorboy ;)

You claim you have a superior intelligence, yet you used "your" instead of "you're". This is probably bait though.

scored 130 on the Mensa test... cool

How many questions are there?

You mean all the tests in undergrad stem? Save me from this purgatory

Nevermind, did it.

>128
>Age 19 and 5 months
>Got bored around 35 questions and rushed towards the end
Should I kill myself?

IQ tests are to boring for me to sit through. Stating at squares dancing around my screen trying to find a pattern for five minutes is not stimulating enough for my big boy brain

Who here /tosmartforiqtests/

Automatically better than you in every aspect possible

I think i was at question 32 when i stopped taking it all to serious. The questions where way to difficult.

52 really hard questions. i took it seriously and spent 2 hours on it and got 126

Took 15 minutes
Get rekt

it's online, it does not count for shit

I don't think too highly of this IQ stuff. Problem is that with some questions, there are multiple ways to be correct, especially some of the series in the later stages of the test. It should also be noted that people like to do number jerking. Having a high IQ means nothing if you don't put it to work or buy into the "SMART BUT LAZY XDDD" meme.
I got bored after ~question 35 and then just started clicking random shit to get it over with. Scored 121, the same score I got ten years back as a kid.

I remember having read something about emotional IQ sometime waaay back. Does anyone know what's up with that shit?

>not counting for shit

I scored on the norway test 135.

All hyped up i went to a real mensa test and scored 99. Why would they even post online test if they dont count for anything ?

Emotional IQ as far as i know was first attributed to relate higher to success in life than IQ would. Later on i read something about that it counts for jack shit. But not being a complete autist and knowing somewhat how to handle emotions should nonetheless be beneficial but not as much as it was hyped up to be.

To get people do the real test and pay real money.

There were 6 people taking the test. And it is about 3 times a year that people can get tested. I dont think the goal is to make a fortune from offering to measure ones intellectual penis.

There are multiple other factors they need to account for; age for example. Also, it's not the full test. You might have good pattern recognition but there are also other parts to the test.

>146.26

my intellectual penis is -1/12 inches

Veeky Forums needs less iq threads, more math exercises

Got 128. I wish it was real

How is there a correlation between reaction time and IQ? Reaction time has to do with reflexes, not cognitive functions.

It doesnt matter if its real or not user. Just be creative throughout the day.

im only 19 iq pts behind a man (einstein) who debunked the majority of physics by thinking about trains. And seeing as physics deals with true complexity and other science do not, its even more reasonable for a 141 to be able to trash your kind than it was for a 160 to trash physics ;)
if ur iq was above 141 u wouldnt be as butthurt about the concept of a 141 hyp grad lurking this beta barn..
so the logical conclusion is that ur iq is lower than 141 (possibly much lower)

if you met me in real life you would instantly be blown into a world where all that mattered was getting me to acknowledge your existence and even hopefully be your friend... But i would probably find you to be a desperately uninteresting person and want you to exit my awareness as fast as possible.
the fact that i dont lie about my iq is what gives me the edge necessary to call you an inferior little girl who couldnt understand basic physics, and BE RIGHT ABOUT IT.

honestly if i woke up one morning and for some reason my thinking capacity had devolved to your level, it would take me less than 5 min to run to the kitchen and slit my throat...
maybe your going to tell me u work at goldman..
but ud still be way inferior, as is anybody who projects their iq to be higher than it is..

maybe thats the point, inferiorboy ;)

Surely there is more than just reaction time. If that were true basketball players, goalkeepers, forwards in soccer, and tennis players would all have amazing IQs

Does Psychology tend to define things in absolute terms much more than the natural sciences and mathematics do?

i didn't give you permission to reply to me. listen, it was entertaining, first. hell, it was actually funny.

but now i'm getting the feeling that you actually think that you're on my level. from the day i was born, i was destined for success, you little shit. i was brought into this world by a software engineer and and a prominent actuary, both of norwegian descent. from the moment that the fucking curtains were raised, i was set to dominate the stem fields. and because i had guardians that actually cared about me, i flourished. pretty soon, i was placed into a special school of correspondence, specifically i.m gelfand's school for gifted children in new england. i not only reached my parents' expectations, but i passed them with flying colors. i had raw talent. i was fucking better. i was surrounded by 6th graders, many from hong kong, whom were smarter than half the posters in this fucking thread. and now, where am i?

in mit, getting my double bs in electrical engineering and physics, with a stanford-binet tested iq of 147 at age 17.

get this through your head: you are nothing. i am worth more than your entire goddamn family. i'm smarter than you, better looking than you, taller than you, wealthier than you, and more employable than you. while you type out another post to get cheap laughs, i'll be simultaneously working with the brightest minds in the world and fornicating with my beautiful girlfriend. it gets on my nerves when people pretend to be better than me.

know your place, you fucking vermin. never, ever reply to my posts, again.

>147
brainlet detected.

>brainsize.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/calculating-your-reaction-time-iq-using-a-user-friendly-reaction-time-test/

kek. Insecure af. The bait in Veeky Forums though.

What a low level bait.

My IQ is 87 should I kill myself?

wow, I didn't think I'd get so many (You)s! thanks, Veeky Forums!

Just do the norwegian mensa test.
I did it clicking at random and I got 97.
Basically even an amoeba would be of average human intelligence with that test.

Did 10 questions. Realized it was exactly the same as every other IQ test, thus a complete waste of time.

All IQ tests I've done so far only make you use your capacity to recognize paterns,how can something so basic determine your intelligence?

Also someone who is constantly doing these tests will obviously get a higher score,it should be done every 5 years or more or else it's just plain cheating.

Even a legit retard could get a three digits score if being trained to recognize patterns constantly.

tl:dr current IQ tests are useless and inaccurate

>All IQ tests I've done so far only make you use your capacity to recognize paterns,how can something so basic determine your intelligence?
That's because that's all intelligence is about, you dumbfuck. If your are capable of using logic and creativity to recognize patterns you are also able to solve problems and create stuff.

Not much more, but about as much as.

That's exactly how everyone in these threads is always 130+ even though it's statistically impossible. They've taken IQ tests 100 times. I took the same test twice 6 months apart and improved my score by 10. Seeing the pattern quickly is as important as solving the pattern. When you remove the seeing part you're artificially inflating your score.

Why do you assume they don't?

You recognize and apply patterns, that's the core of human intelligence

The speed that you can do so usually has greater implications

It's not you finding a pattern if you've already seen that pattern or type of pattern before, though. It's rather measuring your ability to recall that pattern that you've seen before and select the right choice, possibly changing the shapes, colors, lines etc. involved, but still showing the same patterns over and over again.

Said, you can seriously inflate your score through training and taking these things over and over again.

I'd really only trust the scores as applied to children, virgin test takers, or people who haven't taken the test, practice versions of the test, or studied for it within a 6 month period.

The human mind sort of works like memory does for a computer, I think. If you try to test raw processing speeds for a computer through how fast it can complete several algorithms which all allows cache access as a way to bypass computation, then you can bullshit reported speeds by loading up all the answers beforehand or just taking the same test over and over again before reporting the score you want.
We can't test computers like that if they have all the answers in cache. It's unethical.

A smarter idea would be to give everyone all the patterns beforehand, ensure they memorize them, and then measuring how quickly they can recall those patterns.

So there are like 2 idiots in the world?

The fact that you can train and improve the skills needed for this sort of test doesn't make it automatically useless when it comes to measuring one's intelligence. It is still useful to measure most people's intelligence because most people won't bother to be training their abilities to solve IQ tests, they will be solvingthe test with their actual skills. Also, like you said, you took two tests 6 months apart and got a 10 point increase in your IQ. I have made several IQ tests on the internet throughout the years (with intervals longer than 6 months, obviously) and my score is always roughly the same. If you wait long enough, you will have forgotten the patterns and be able to solve the test like it's the first time again

Right, and IQ tests are highly randomized so it's not very likely you are going to be seeing a duplicate pattern. It's a shuffled deck and you need to quickly put the pieces together from scratch.

Of course you could boost your score slightly by practicing arduously. At that point your score isn't very meaningful and the fact is most people don't do that so aggregate averages aren't very influenced by people who would do so.

Rote memorization isn't human intelligence at all. That's why a general, abstracted form of education is much more beneficial than spoonfeeding a process to a child. A parrot can learn rote memorization. It's regurgitation.

You can still control for the factors you're concerned about. Either everyone has a set amount of preparation for the IQ test, or none at all, that isn't hard to control. Most don't do much preparation before being tested.

Some of the questions don't offer a pattern and leave the user with open-ended questions like "can I rotate or merge piece x any way I want to form an answer?" thus creating an issue of some answers appearing to have multiple correct choices. The lack of stated rules makes this test a logical paradox.

On top of that the apparent system which changes your IQ score based on prior tests is ridiculous. I opted for no prior SAT/IQ test scores and managed a 118 or thereabouts, but went back and did the test with the same answers and using my personal score info managed a 128 or thereabouts.

Yet another flawed online test for Veeky Forums to wank itself silly with.

>skipped 2 questions because ununderstood
>skipped last 4 because waste of time

>99 score

>519 MCAT score
>34 ACT

hype

>it's not very likely you're going to see a duplicate pattern
Duplicate patterns exist all across these tests, and from test to test I always encounter similar questions. They shuffle the objects and pictures used to show the pattern and question order and amount of each pattern but it's always numeric sequence patterns, rotation patterns, picture overlay patterns, shifting patterns, and a few other general patterns and combinations of those patterns mixed together.
They always show the same class of question types with different pictures.
That's like asking someone to find the area of a triangle and then asking them to find the area of an even bigger upiside triangle that's blue and has brick texture now. It's the same shit. It literally is a meta-rote memorization, where you memorize the patterns rather than the shapes in the pattern, which is what I think you are confusing things for.
I think it makes it useless because you can exaggerate the differences between two people with it. You can take someone off the streets who drinks all day and pit them against someone who studies in a university and routinely encounters patterns and trains pattern recognition, and it will be obvious that you will have the university student perform better if he encounters (sub)pattern types he has seen before or regularly despite his not practicing specifically for the IQ test. Hes been practicing indirectly (hence you could see increases for people over time that are in an academic field where they encounter new patterns and must recall old ones which have been given and taught to him, like in math or statistics). The test results truly will give you no information on when given a new unseen pattern type whether or not the alcoholic or the student will be able to discern it first. It will just tell you that if a random pattern is pulled from the air, that the student will probably be the one that's able to recall and make use of it.

Yep, it's only you and me.

The more patterns you encounter, the better you are at solving them, and that also counts as intelligence. Intelligence is not purely genetic, like with every other skill, you can also train and develop it (that's why IQ is correlated with education).
Also, the test has only use if both the drunk homeless and the student are in the same conditions (proper rest, nutrition. emotional balance etc.), something that can be achieved, because homeless people can recover from their shitty situation given enough comfort.

>did ~85% of test properly
>rushed some, because of headache
>130

>star anew
>randomly press answers
>less than 2mins in
>97
Yeah, hype is real.

I've been tested with an IQ of 134 but still inhale my own spit... so who knows.
(Not from this test but I thing they made everyone take on highschool if that's half as long as the one I took I'll pass)

Maybe everyone is130+ because people with lower IQs wouldn't be on Veeky Forums.

you should get married

A lot of people here are very smart, but most are pretty average (some even under average, see /pol/)

? Por Que

LMAO yeah /pol/ is the best place to go if you'd like to bang your head on the keyboard.

Fuck no, there's a shitton of low IQ posters on /b/, /v/, /tv/, /pol/, etc. And the majority crossboard between those boards and additionally leak elsewhere onto the other boards.

Let me live in my delusional blue pill world!!!

Well by reaction times, my Iq should be about 70. However, on all of the more rigorous Internet tests I score in the 130s. Honestly I don't even know anymore, although my reaction to probably has to do with my track pad setup or ADHD. Can someone with an IQ of 70 even function independently? Also I kinda like Numberphile videos so I'd wager 70 isn't too far off

T. Engineer

I got bored around 30 or so and just rolled a dice for the answers

Gay marriage was a mistake

no because iq is just bragging rights. go and prove youre smart by being successful thats the only measure of wit. ive seen plenty of "high iq" people go nowhere.

It has fuck all to do with IQ

The tests are handy for figuring out who gets sent to the showers after a nice train ride.

Hmmm, but they had an average IQ 1 SD over the white average?

> plugin required

It also depends on your browser, fucktard.

sci is slow lol

Huh

The test is all about pattern recongition speed but it has nothing to do with genius just like a computer does fast calculations so does the brain of high i.q. people. but the brain is way more complex than the speed in wich it can make assumptions based on information you present to them. Is more important the way it makes the conections and the creative roads it can take.

ITT retards saying they got bored as an excuse for their brainlet tier IQs
Predictable

That's actually the wrong kind of reaction time, from what I recall the correlation is with the stroop effect and how fast you can read the name of the color.

thanks for the pasta

Looks to me like a tricyclic antidepressants with another drug lazily shopped onto it, I'd guess an anticoagulant? Overall the shape of guess it might be active against cannabinoid receptors

Apparently somethibg to do with dopaminw

M8, its bullshit, opipramol and fluvoxamine Photoshopped badly as one structure

Fluvoxamine

You talk as if the human mind does something other than pattern recognition idiot