Mechanical vs wooden pencil?

Which do you use for homework and assignments?

Other urls found in this thread:

jetpens.com/Uni-Kuru-Toga-High-Grade-Auto-Lead-Rotation-Mechanical-Pencil-0.3-mm-Blue-Body/pd/4705
jetpens.com/Uni-Kuru-Toga-Auto-Lead-Rotation-Mechanical-Pencil-0.3-mm-Black-Body/pd/3215
discord.gg/Yvh2cR5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw brainlets need an eraser so they can fix their mistakes

>Doing math in pen

>Not fountain pens
But seriously, what's the most beautiful handwritting the mathfags at Veeky Forums has seen though

Varsity fountain pens are great and pretty cheap, the fact that there are several colors of pens it great specially for the my final set of notes (The one that I keep after I finished the course); Also use the Kurotoga Roulette mechanical pencil for solving exercises

>Not chiseling your notes in stone

Mechanical because I don't have to sharpen it.
I use 2B because it doesn't wear out as fast as 4B but leaves a dark enough line.
What's your favorite lead grade?
>>/out/

PENTEL SMASH MASTER RACE

THE HEFT

THE NUBS

THE ERASER sucks

>THE HEFT
Is it really that heavy for a mechanical pencil? I use mine over a Pilot Automac because it's lighter.
>THE NUBS
Definitely more comfy than this.

It's not heavy IMO but it is nicely hefty. I think it's a perfect pencil for math work but for writing I'd rather something heavier.

Always mechanical, 0.7mm

It's expensive and heavy.
I don't use it because it's too heavy but it's about the weight of a Pilot Automac and has no wiggle unlike the Automac.
The wood feels pretty nice too.

Use whatever the fuck you want

Why the fuck is there a thread for this what the fuck

mechanical, got used to 0.5mm because everyone else in school used them, but I just now figured out that 0.7mm were vastly superior and would've helped me a lot back in the day.
Rotring, got a bunch of ones that people kept losing at uni desks

> Not painting your problems in black ink on the walls in a cave

Seconding this, kuru toga mechanical pencils are great and I use mine constantly.

For simple exercises and note-taking I like pilot rollerball pens in 0.7mm

>he doesn't TeX his homework

U T T E R

P L E B

0.7mm Pentel masterrace

Why would you not use a computer?

It's a shame that the Kuru Toga only comes in 0.5mm

jetpens.com/Uni-Kuru-Toga-High-Grade-Auto-Lead-Rotation-Mechanical-Pencil-0.3-mm-Blue-Body/pd/4705
jetpens.com/Uni-Kuru-Toga-Auto-Lead-Rotation-Mechanical-Pencil-0.3-mm-Black-Body/pd/3215
Just search "Kuru Toga 0.3" and ctrl + f "0.3mm"

What the hell? Who even uses pencil after elementary school for anything but drawing? Just use a pen.

brainlets

I like 0.7mm more of course but the sharpening mechanism really makes up for the thinner lead

I'm willing to hear other suggestions for mechanical pencils though

People who do math for a living.

Hate mechanical pencils for inevitably being worked to an angle and getting scratchy if you re-grip, hate when you have to fuck with the lead so it doesn't get too long where it breaks immediately.

Hate when wooden pencils break tips in my pocket, hate when a tip breaks and have to sharpen, hate offcenter sharpening giving an entire side nothing but wood, hate when I drop a pencil and somehow the whole tip breaks internally.

Fuck pencils. If I could get erasable and non smearable ink in a pilot g2 I would be all about it.

You should still use a pen when doing math. Its always a mistake to erase your work.

graphgear 1000 for $10. cop or not?

I bought three of them. Best pen I've ever had.
But I really think that my current one will never break or anything because of it's good quality. Can recommend.

sold. thanks

computers are gay

I use this mechanical pen. It's a brand from Barcelona and the factory is also there (Inoxcrom). I like the design and they are very reliable. Dunno if you are able to buy it in other countries.

I use the yellow pentel.
For literally no other reason than I love the design and color.
reminds me of mid century industrial design.

bic cristal for pen.

pen or chalk
pencil for drawing

everything else is brainlet tier

>chalk
you aren't good will hunting

thats because im good dick hunting

t. engineer

seriously though, whiteboards a shit

the best combo:
lamy fountain pen for neat work/notes
rotring mechanical pencil for problem solving

enjoy your dust cuck

tfw when left handed writing on big boards

not if you get a good one. porcelain surface with high quality markers not 5 year old expos.

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

Sell me on fountain pens and why I shouldn't just use a rollerball, please

Use one for a couple of days, that's all I can really say. They feel less laboured, they genuinely make you write (a tiny bit) better and writing just feels a little bit nicer.

>gel-based pen
write notes and shit
>mechanical pencil 0.7mm
questions

/comfy/

0.5 2h
0.5 2b
0.7 2b
Wood hb

rotring confirmed master race

You'd probably love a wooden 2B pencil, they don't even wear out that fast.
You should make sure to get high enough quality paper for the fountain pen.
Some of the inks bleed more than roller ball pens.
But if you like juicy lines they're nice.

Well I really love writing with pen and paper so it might be worth it. I think I might buy a pilot metro or varsity and see if I like it much more than my rollerball. Thanks for the info

>Buying into Lamy
I hated that pen. For those $30 I'd be spending on that pen I can buy at least 20 cheeseburgers
Reason I started using fountain pens was due to writing a bunch of notes. I used the Pilot Friction but the line was too thick. I used it mainly for homework which I still do. But it's just nice to use. There's no other way to sell you on it unless you use it or are legitimately interested in getting one

>Pilot Friction but the line was too thick. I used it mainly for homework which I still do.
Pilot Frixion pens can fade with heat.
Some of the color may be recovered by putting the paper in the freezer.

Gel pen master race

Lead holder on test.
Lamy Safari for everything else.

I use that exact pencil.

It's very atypical here to write with pencils at all, it is usually strongly suggested that you stop doing that sometime in elementary school.

I don't like writing with it anyway. It smears, has poor contrast, don't like sharpening it. Pen is superior imo.

in chem/phys/math/eng at my school everybody uses pencils. how else do you erase things?

i think the rest of the school uses pen, for the rare occasions i see people writing instead of typing.

discord.gg/Yvh2cR5

>how else do you erase things?
You don't, that simple. I know you are probably not aware of it, but using pencils to write is a very American thing to do.

invalid or expired

Yeah i could see how that is. In my american college experience just about everyone uses a pen for everything except for a few topics.

It really only includes lower division science/math course homework. All notes from upper and lower division, and upper division homework tends to be in pen, cept maybe math (and even then only sometimes for the upper division homework)

same setup

>discord.gg/Yvh2cR5
wtf someone start a new one

mechanical pencil. the one I have has got me through so many exams and notebooks, I just refill it with my favorite aesthetically pleasing lead and g2g.

Mechanical 0.9mm is the way to go.

Nearest pen and paper with the messiest handwriting possible, all that matters is its done.

What's your favorite brand and grade of lead?

Pantel, because thats all that I can ever find. .9mm is my favorite though. I write too damn hard for the others.

im left handed and have shitty penmanship; fountain pens are not for me