buzzfeed.com/laraparker/incredible-tattoos-inspired-by-the-fault-in-our-stars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, I'm not a retarded pseud

I would never get a tattoo.

Of course not.

im gonna get JIMJ OYCE on my knuckles

no because I am with Thurn and Taxis

Just might as well write "so it goes" there

Possibly a small black and white Plath portrait. Or maybe a little Athena.

No.

Someone explain this meme tattoo. I'm not entirely familiar with the Veeky Forums canon.

It's a depiction of the sex toy Nabokov described Lolita using.

DELETE THIS

*novella

Absolutely not.

You would think a literary tattoo would be actual literature: the beauty of the written word, not just a symbol to prove you read a book roleplay you are in a deep secret society.

This girl needed a muted tuba

It's the symbol of the Trystero shit on The Crying of Lot 49.

Yeah buddy.

Fuck you and your tattoos

Ugh... Dear god.

I have a line from a poem on my arm.

buzzfeed.com/laraparker/incredible-tattoos-inspired-by-the-fault-in-our-stars

I would never get a tattoo

you sound cute as hell. I wanna be your bad dog

I'm pretty mad I actually clicked on that. There was maybe on tattoo on there that wasn't total shit

I'm going to get a can of ubik on my ankle :^)

these are painful to look at. some of them cover their entire arm... just get a poster of the quote, don't etch it into your body forever

I cannot believe how ugly that turned out.

Oh man that's awesome

Shoot me in the face if I ever get any tattoo.

>not getting In the Penal Colony, in its entirety, tattooed on your back.

fucking kill me now. Those are adults

He'll fucking light your grill and not dispose of the spent charcoal properly

This can't be real. Citation needed.

I've thought about getting a tattoo of Buer for around a decade

Teehee

>would you ever get a literary tattoo?..

lol.

nope.

I got a pi and a theta tattooed from the Consolation of Philosophy by Boetius

Hey guys, do you know why I can't get my cock hard anymore? I'm only 76 years old.

i'd first tell everyone that i'm addicted to trap doujins before i get a 'literary' tattoo

why are the short books so thin and the long books the same thickness?

what's your throwaway email? I bet you could make even my life sound good

[email protected]

you should get that phrase tattooed

>searched "Stirner tattoo" on Google
>nothing

I will be the first.

try this one lad

>Buzzfeed Books
Why is this a thing

Just looks like France

>spooks

she needs big letters for the small books and small letters for the big ones
they are custom prints, you absolute pleb

This one's cool, I think it's Stirner's hat.

You fool that's a snake that's swallowed an elephant

really? that poem really tries too hard with shock value, some of it came of as p adolescent to me. def think it could be bad dog material dont sell urself short mang

Ugh, it's like
has never even made a bespoke leather bound edition of The Perks of Being a Wallflower with the spine simply saying PERKS in gilded letters on 165 gsm paper stock and then having it signed by Stephen Chbosky and Emma Watson.

Pleb

hm seems gary larson esque

is that far side tattoo disguised as a literary tattoo?

fuck off spook

tattoos are for uninhibited manchildren and whores

A loyal whore is the best of both worlds.

I can't tell if this upsets me, or makes me glad that these people are literally branding themselves and making themselves noticeable and avoidable.

In case you honestly aren't familiar with it, it's from The Little Prince.

Oh god, Buzzfeed has a books section.

is that a larson collection. i really only read larson.

how unique

Tattoos are dumb fun so a literary tattoo is annoying ironic or too literal to take seriously.

That a reference to Doublethink from 1984? Because it's pretty smart.

I hear ya, seems to me that literature isn't something that lends itself to tattoos very well. Tattoos are more superficial and work for band logo's or Steve O's face but the beauty of books lies in the displaying of concepts and worldviews and in the construction of sentences which aren't things that work very well visually most of the time. I guess you could get a Pynchon Trumpet but even then, I'd feel like a pretentious douche having a thing like that on my lower thigh. Why should I be showing off whatever "intellectual" book I read to the world? But that's maybe more of a problem with tattoos as a whole, I could never identify with something so much and so permanently that I'd want it on my arm or sprawling over my buttcrack. The fact that you're screaming to other people
>Look what I like
>Look what I like
really goes against why I like things. I like my favorite book because I like it, not because it fits whatever identity I want to portray to the world.

>Implying tattoos are anything other than an ineffective way for inwardly boring people to make themselves outwardly interesting

No because tattoos are for retards and slutty girls who are prone to making bad decisions.

>No because tattoos are for retards and slutty girls who are prone to making bad decisions

This. Weirdest first (and last) date I was on was with a 25 year old (somewhat) tattooed German girl who claimed that she didn't want to mess around due to wanting a family/etc, only to invite me back to her place and fuck after drinks.

>tfw maybe some of us don't want to have something that draws more attention to our fat, ugly autistic selves.

>impromptu, unplanned, spontaneous sex

That is unusual. Sex is normally takes a measured, calm, reasonable approach and emotions stay out of it.

It was weirder than it sounds, now that you put it that way.

Are you mocking the person you're responding to or what?

Stop being a sperg, he meant she had poor impulse control despite wanting to be more "proper".

Sex is unusual in that it is simultaneous silly and serious.

and, #2, no I am mocking myself, desu.

It's a symbol that in part implies membership of a group, why would you criticise it for not being original?
>All those soldiers are wearing the same uniform, don't they have any ideas of their own?
>Why does everyone in your family share a surname, you're so unoriginal!
You are literally the stupidest person.

That is "unusual."

Boy, you've got the 'tism something fierce.

no meme pls

#1 Literally looks like it was done with fineliner and there's paper in the background so it probably was
#2 That quote is wrong, there's supposed to be a question mark
#3 Looks like a mediocre artist did a quick drawing and the entire top left corner looks like a shitty artist did a quick drawing
#4 Is that just some random person's handwriting?
#5 Pseud word in a pseud font
#6 Why would you use a lower case i you hipster faggot
#7 Nice raggedy piano you hipster faggot
#8 Gay
#9 Enjoy wearing short sleeve shirts you unemployed faggot
#10 Why would you use a lower case t you hipster faggot
#11 Wow you sure do have some well rendered splatters on your skin
#12 Why would you take the context out of that quote? Half the people that read that will think it's about penetration
#13 Shit composition, shit font, shit illustration, looks like it was done with a sharpie
#14 Cluttered bullshit that requires you to turn your wrist in order to read
#15 What the fuck is wrong with these pretending-to-be-artistic millennials and their hatred of capital letters?

In conclusion, cancer/10

#8582011 Overflowing with ressentiment. I feel sorry for you.

You're using ressentiment wrong.

never heard of him

Oh I'm such a repressed hateful retard because I made jokes about a bunch of undeniably shitty tattoos

my lady!!

They're not really jokes though, are they? You're just making rude comments about people who can't even see them.

Man I thought my jokes were funny that's so rude I'm offended

So which part of the body is your horn tattoo on?

do you understand that rudeness is a thing even beyond the SJW boogeyman?

Do you understand that the people with those awesome tattoos are not in this thread and that there's a thing called a joke and there's also this thing called you're on Veeky Forums why are you even here if you're not going to shitpost and laugh

>a Rand novel and an Orwell novel touching each other

I can't look!

There's a thing called a joke and there's a thing called putting loads of effort just into being unpleasant because of misplaced anger.

>Pass user since 2014
wait, what? is that new?

Yes, show just how tragic you are with pride.

youre a w.a.s.t.e of space

You couldn't even work out how to reply to the guy at first, if you can't handle mean comments you might as well hang yourself now or fuck off to tumblr you disgusting waste of space