How do you combine a job with school?

How do you combine a job with school?

It's called an internship

yeah, but I can't wait to 6th semester.
I'm just going to enter in college next month.

You can't really.. everything needs training.
In some areas there might be places you can get """experience""" like working as a machinist while you're in school for mechanical engineering, but it's pretty pointless. You're going to be swamped with studying anyway. You aren't going to be able to hold a 40 hour job unless you're a robot.

how bout a part time job?

plus, how do people that work are able to study anyway?

Have anyone of you read this book?
I tried it but it feels really off. Basically, people are angels and you should treat them as such to make them follow you. You should always treat people with kindness, encouragement and generosity and shit.
I don't understand why people always recommend this shit as a bible for human management.

because that's common sense to make people like you idiot.

you don't win friends by being a bitter asshole.

Leave the bitter part out.
You can definitely make friends by being an asshole, dear faggot sir.

yeah, but is much easier by being nice, retard.

i suspect no one reads this book and recommends it because its a meme, just like rudin

>huh duh common sense is so obvious why teach it

you study something which requires no thought or effort; you go to university without any other future plans in mind so that you're happy as long as you get your degree even if its with the lowest gpa in mind; since you now have a uni education, you get hired by your dads company or his friends company and work your way up the ladder over the course of your life

that's how

Negotiate with your boss and professors. You'll need to be able to ask for free days at the office for studying and you'll need to be able to ask professors to give you lab time, test times etc. while you're not at work.

Forget about social life during semesters.

> You aren't going to be able to hold a 40 hour job unless you're a robot.
I worked 40 to 50 hours a week, and still graduated with a 3.2. I got 2 B's in organic chemistry.

First, you have to decide why you are at college. You either study your ass off for a good job, or you rack up loans for 4 years drinking and fucking. If you do the latter, don't expect sympathy from me.

I know a guy who drives for Uber. He studies at the library and a coffee shop when he's not on a run. He not only has his tuition paid, he has his new car paid off as well.

this neets are simply too lazy.

Provide your employer with scheduling availability that works with your school schedule so you have time to sleep and study. I work ~28hrs/wk part time and school full time. For someone doing work full time office hours, take night courses or maybe online courses (if its an elective class). Be realistic with yourself- if you need to work full time and have strenuous courses take a class less per semester so the quality of your study isnt shit--> shit gpa. Just make sure to structure your work and school life so your studies dont suffer

I work 2 full days (16 hours) a week. It's harder, yes, but if you do all the assignments and labs gradually and not in the last 2 days it's manageable. An acquaintance managed to pull 3.5 days, though I was concerned with his sleep schedule.

I read it. Some of the stuff he says is good sensible general advice for dealing with normies.

However as a math student I feel my current social environment has adapted a slightly different code of conduct, that is sometimes directly opposed to the book, i.e. never sugar coat your criticism if you want to make an actual impact.

Also I think his "methodology" is fucking retarded from a scientific perspective. He just throws out endless anecdotes where the stuff he recommends worked out great, but he does not even mention where it does not work. Sometimes I can see him draw illogical conclusions from circumstantial evidence and pretend it works.

Nevertheless I would recommend reading it for everyone who considers themselves socially inept, to get an idea how to deal with certain social situations.

Only use what's implied in the book if you really like the person, it's someone work related, OR if you want/need something from them.

Why would you waste time and effort on a person you have no interest in knowing?

Its' popular because it was THE first self help book so it naturally became popular and well known. Pretty much all self help books take inspiration from it.

uber isnt a job. it's 90% down time.
a real job has almost zero down time.

You cannot work 50 hours a week and do a challenging degree in 4 years. It's literally not possible. So stop lying.

>yeah, but is much easier by being nice,
HAHAHAHAHA no. Enjoy being a doormat until your death.

Do you really need to work?
If the answer is no, then it is better to focus only in college.
If the answer is yes, well, it is posible but do not expect a great grades.

You are no some kind of clever sociopath and life is not an anime. You'll figure it out.

Lube up and keep your mouth shut.
t. combining a job and school

Well I think you can in some cases (and yeah uber doesn't count), but like that guy said, you get Bs in organic chemistry. Which, is the "you're probs smart but you'll never remember any of this shit" grade.

Personally I'd rather take the loans and actually be learning because I'm not done once I hit BS.

> uber doesn't count
For not being a real job, my friend gets real money for it. Lots of it. You just have to think outside the loan trap. The only one getting rich off of loans is the bank that issues them.

> "you're probs smart but you'll never remember any of this shit" grade.
I can tell you've never taken organic.

> I'm not done once I hit BS
Neither was I. If you can't handle a job and classes at the undergraduate level, I guarantee you won't survive the slave hours of master's research.

> do not expect a great grades.
Let me give you a clue, sunshine. Grades don't mean shit when you interview for a job. Memorization and regurgitation do not make you stand out.

Interviewers want to know if you can multitask and handle several different projects on a limited time constraint. THAT'S a skill that will get you a job. Not the amount of A's on your paper.

Feel free to call me a liar if you want. It'll make my interview competition all the easier.

>Have part time job as waiter
>Work 7 hours a week
>Earn about £70-80 including tips, 100 on a good day
>This pays for food and electricity
>2/3 of student loan goes to rent , with a fair amount left over

Hospitality is where it's at for students, flexible as hell

Keep in mind the methods he talks about are for dealing with people in general or strangers, not every individual. You might generous and kind to someone and end up tied up in their boot, but that doesn't mean the principle doesn't extend to ordinary social life.