Calculus is stupid. why do they try to pretend it's magic

calculus is stupid. why do they try to pretend it's magic.
why do they ignore the irrationality when they teach it.

im learning linear algebra instead. a rational man's pursuit.
*tip*

goddamn shes out of this world

this is true

You're probably trying to bait, but you're not wrong. Linear has far more real world application with real data than calculus.

well no shit, as an user taking linear algebra atm its has shit tons of rw applications, you do need a really good foundation of calculus to understand so calculus isnt really irrationality,

I'm not baiting. It actually annoys me. The idea that something is exact when in reality it's impossible to be exact.

>in reality
U wot

The concept of a limit. The "jump" made between "real close" and "actually there" it's illogical. muh model.

I thought most real life applications of lineer algebra is more dependent on approximation than calculus

>calculus is stupid
No, those who fail to understand calculus
(like you) are stupid. Do not feel alone,
you have billions of fellow stupids.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it irrational.

I want to tie her up in my basement and cum in her with the force of 1000 sun's. I will force her to make me little Tay Tay babies.

classic high school student, read a real analysis text.

also, while not right, you are also not wrong.

the universe is literally composed of abstract vector spaces.

t. q mech

This guy knows what he's talking about

The universe is full of inconsistencies because of the anthropic principle. We can't map out everything to exact finite dimensions and that's why calculus works. Yes there is a logical leap but it is not so great as to violate the very logic that calculus is built on.

Calculus gives us a framework and that framework effectively corresponds with real life phenomena. If it didn't the everyone would've just called newton a retard. Until the rise of quantum computing, calculus will continue to be the centerpiece of scientific approximation.

>muh vector calculus

Damn when did the brainlets invade Veeky Forums?

There's a reason end game physics is done with manifold differentials and topology.

Because fucking vector calculus didn't make the cut, the only reason its taught nowadays is to keep engineering brainlets from being unemployed.

Literally no-one in professional research uses linear algebra the way they teach you, it's much more niche. State schools and babby private schools still haven't caught on, which is why there's a rift in the quality of grad students coming from them and places like Berkeley or MIT.

Pro tip, if you're a physics major junior or senior and no one has even mentioned differentials or exterior calculus, do yourself a favor and pick up some fucking books, read a professional research paper or two, or else succomb to the reality you'll be a research dollar-less professor, or get stuck in engineering.

I wonder if I feel like reading four paragraphs of your feelings right now.

Any useful calculus or analysis becomes algebra when your knowledge grows and matures.

t. Butthurt engineer

Fair enough

>reading four paragraphs is an effort
ok

Wow the ignorance

> I consume whatever shit is put in front of me

Yeah taking in someone else's retardation is quite an effort, hence why no one cared to read your post

Negro, he wasn't the one who wrote it, I was.

Fact is, I posited something, and have yet to get anything besides meme responses, so you could just keep shitposting, or offer an actual rebuttal.

Doesn't make anyone better than anyone, I'm just trying to inform the undergrads here of my experience, which is that faggots who only ingested the standard physics curriculum that cumulates with babby thermo, EM, QM, etc. are in for a wild ride when they get to grad school, and if they want to maintain an edge, to fucking get it together, which is no different then what other faggots preach about on this board, fucking learning.

linear algebra is really simle compared to calculus.
Analysis is for true men.

Would not be honest to pretend it's painful.

Yea, fuck calculus.

>says "muh vector calculus" in response to 'abstract vector spaces'

>yfw in the context of functional analysis they are essentially the same thing

Numbers are fucking stupid.
The truth hurts

Literally reached escape velocity muh dude