What does today's philosophers do?

How the hell do they even get a job?
>inb4 PhD in Philosophy
>Any burger i want
>30$ starting

Probably switching fields later
The rare ones who are academically succesful usually become academicians

teach philosophy

here in Germany they get state-funded jobs where they can write usless shit about poor refugees and evul AFD-Nazis

if philosophy major is good at mystifying and bamboozling people, he'll manage to make lots of money

or he could just write books for quirky dudes

or become a teacher, it's fine too

Writer, academic, or he wasn't stupid and it's not his first degree

You better go read some Richard David Precht you uncultured nazi shwein.

a postgrad in management and they'll be running teams in like 2-3 years. most of the managers i know have soft degrees.

because stem graduates are really, really bad at people, and require adults to run the things.

There a channel on youtube called 'The School of Life' which is hosted by a philosopher, or at least someone who knows a lot about philosophy.

So become a youtubber.

Other than that, that same channel once advocated for news anchors, writers, reporters, etc. should be all philosophers by training so that we every story some kind of deeper dialogue can be given to the viewers who are tired of empty and corrupt journalism.

So become a lobbyist and lobby congress into passing laws that make it illegal to work in news without a bachelors degree in philosophy.

They are supposed to be smart enough to make others work for them or get paid without working.

this or politics

journalism, literature. teaching.

in my company (a very big german company) philosophers, lawyers, linguists, etc. are quite welcome for certain positions. they have a high verbal intelligence and that can be really useful,

marketing and behavioral control/addiction theory

all these free to play video games are based on addiction.

make money becoming an internet/tv celebrity the same way Neil "The Grass" Tyson and Bill Nye did

>find a job at a local eatery
>employed to study the cultural influence of gastronomical marxism
>the unwashed masses call me a "fry cook"
>receive an order for seven (7) big macs
>offer instead a monologue on the philosophy of Christopher Hitchens
>manager makes me clean off the sidewalk
>come across a fellow friendly recreational drug user at 9:21 PM
>discuss the teachings of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel for 5 hours
>he listens the entire time
>i have at long last found a worthy pupil
>see him the next morning on the local news station
>arrested for stealing the curtains from an elderly lady's home
>applaud him for making a statement against the system

>make an ass out of yourself among your contemporaries
>claim persecution when they respond
>get attebtion to yourself among religious groups
Best way to make money.

You realize the people who major in these fields come from a well-off family, right? After they graduate, they get a high-profile business job making more money than anyone on Veeky Forums ever will through family connections. Only poorfag autists like people on Veeky Forums actually have to take their college education seriously.

>college education seriously.
Are you implying that who major in Philosophy aren't taking their college education seriously?
Iam philosophy major and Iam aiming for a Phd , I didn't decide what to work after but if it's really impossible to get a job I don't have problem with getting another degree in CS. Education in my country is free.
Even if itsnt free, not everyone who majored in literature, linguistic or Philosophy are humans who threw their money for free, they have a proper dream and something want to achieve.

Its bait, dude.
Or the poster you're replying to likes to state generalized vague "observations" as universal fact.

if you get a degree in law after you will make sweet cash.

underated

Just curious, how is this Veeky Forums related at all? Every time I come to this board, someone is whining about philosophy.

I know there are some prominent philosophy majors in finance