Has any novel captured millennials well as of yet?

Has any novel captured millennials well as of yet?

Harry Potter desu

I felt like taipei did even though i don't act like that, nor do any of my friends. i guess it felt like a slight exaggeration of how people seem to act

Millennials aren't real, and are basically just the same shittiness of every other generation, but with smartphones.

That's how capture novels work though, they provide a caricature so that other generation can wank or complain over it like jean lebris de kerouac and such

nope the internet has fundamentally altered our perception of reality and millennials are the first generation in history to grow up with it

I hated Taipei but it did capture some of the zeitgeist.

sun also rises

What is there to capture?

Vain, dumbfuck bourgeois bohemians? Insincere hedonists with their hearts on their sleeves?

What could possibly be the interest?

agreed.

This. Millennials are endlessly dull.

>bourgeois bohemians
These words don't mean what you think they mean

I think user means it's the rich middle and upper classes pretending to be poor and, for lack of a better word, bohemian.

Actually, in the context of 'Millennial' as it is commonly understood (city-dwelling, college-going, """"nerdy/geekly"""", dumbfuck hipsters and thots), it means exactly what I want it to mean.

Curious, how?

/thread

>nope the internet has fundamentally altered our perception of reality and millennials are the first generation in history to grow up with it

This might be true of later millenials (gen z) but for gen y, they aren't really fundamentally different from gen x. And as for baby boomers, they are really similar to gen y -- whiny and entitled.

Jennifer Egan's "A Visit from the Goon Squad" does a decent job at showing some aspects of millenialism. I found the chapters set in the near future quite impactful, honestly.

>it means exactly what I want it to mean
Don't be so upholstery

>der thot
An example would be a bunch of Julliard graduates forming a folk punk band.

I know there is an example of this, I just don't know if it is Julliard particularly. Regardless, if you go to a music school you are bourgeois, and folk punk bands do indeed try to appear bohemian.

>millennials
>having enough substance to warrant a novel

Disclaimer: I am a millennial

Alienation from product of labor lead to
Fetishization of the means of production expressed through a resurgence of artisinal crafts

I'm writing a short story about it. What do you think?

Why is that desirable?

wheres the story marx

this this this

The only one that says anything interesting and it's a Marxist.

Step up sempai-tachi.

>The only one that says anything interesting
>Repeats the same tired old Marxist shit we've heard for over a century

>it is another "wrong generation" thread

You do realize that you always void your own opinions by your own opinions here, don't you?

What he's saying is that despite being a Marxist he's the only who bothered writing anything that isn't a rephrase of "born in le wrong generation"

I've been told my multiple Gen Xs that Ys are too sensitive. Plus there's the fact that most of Gen "W" thinks that Gen X didn't punish Gen Y enough, and therefore created autism and ADD.

You've been told a lot of dumb things by some dumb fucking people.

>Plus there's the fact that most of Gen "W" thinks that Gen X didn't punish Gen Y enough, and therefore created autism and ADD.
Who do you think are the people giving these diagnoses?

>and therefore created autism and add

Are you perchance retarded?

My folks are traditional Christian country people.

Bruh, I said Gen "W," as in my grandparents and everyone like that, thinks things like this.

Haha, entirely my fault then.

Your folks raised a moron in the traditional Christian country way.

"Generation W" are the ones who are diagnosing these things. They're the ones who dominate the society we live in. By shifting the blame onto other generations they are defending their egos (NOT EGGO WAFFLES) from their own failures. Generation X does it and Generation Y does it. I'm doing it right now.

We are a generation of narcissists who were raised by a generation of narcissists who were raised by a generation of narcissists.

>wheres the story marx

I'm working on it.

By working on it I mean it sounds like a good idea and I'd like to write a short story about it that is well received and makes me popular and I get to score some hot audience pussy and I become rich but because of my vivid imagination I can delude myself into thinking I am enjoying all these benefits of writing my story without actually writing it because I am a victim of marketing which is focused on selling lifestyles (literary lifestyle, Mac lifestyle, sports fan lifestyle, etc.) that tricks me into doing things for the supposed life benefits it will bring me (re:products) rather than for the sake of doing them.