Math isn't science

Math isn't science.

There should be a math board so we can get rid of all the autists.

No, we're good.
I'd have to monitor two boards.
Also, Veeky Forums has too few users for the boss to even consider a split.

No, we actually prove things and have a degree of rigor to what we do.

>a degree of rigor to what we do.
is this a joke

>we actually prove things
yeah brain games

>math board
>Get rid of the autists
Wot

Science & Math
It is on the fucking name. This is a board for scientists and mathematicians

>get rid of the autists.
but you'd still be here op.

That's the point, OP (while posting on Veeky Forums) is saying that this shouldn't be Science and Math.

Veeky Forums should be for science exclusively and a new board /mth/ would be created for math exclusively.

>New /mth/ board is created
>All mathematicians, seeking people with similar IQ, start posting there exclusively. Completely forgetting about Veeky Forums in about a few months.
>One day like any other, a biology/chemistry/physics/engineering PhD student makes a thread asking how to solve a trivial ordinary differential equation even a retard could solve.
>Scientists in the board start attempting to solve it. 10 people get it wrong.
>One guy gives up and makes a post on Quora linking to this thread. Says that people believe that no solution actually exists.
>Some freshman mathematics student see the Quora post and gives the answer with procedure. Less than 2 lines
>The guy who made the quora thread screencaps the answer and then posts on the thread
>No one replies, everyone already left the thread believing the ODE to be impossible to solve and are already cross-boarding to /mth/ to ask them to explain why that ODE is impossible to solve.
>We laugh maniacally. Tell that it is because you would need a triple integral which are impossible and post it with the ;^) face.
>Every Veeky Forums person thinks 'Oh, that makes sense'.
>They go back to their Veeky Forums
>New thread: Hey guys, how to solve this geometry problem?
>repeat

>Plot twist: The people asking Veeky Forums questions are /mth/ trolls

And that's a retarded solution to a non-problem.

Stop being jelly at how much smarter mathtards are than you.

>proving things
>science

top lel

Learn 2 scientific method.

Yes, get the fuck out of here, get your own board to talk about logically impossible things like reals and infinitesimals. Just walk away into the pyramid scheme and stamp collection you call mathematics. Get the fuck out of here today.

Well OP looks like you triggered some of those insecure autists already

I know it's shit, "it's true untill we find out we were wrong all along, our truth was bs and now we have new truth which will be disproved in couple of years"

There is already a board for mathematics. It is /x/

Mythmatics belongs on on the roleplay board

>muh conic sections
>muh malleneeuhl prize probluhms

That's why the board is called "Science & Math", not just "Science" Also, math is a formal science.

Absolutely. Math is logic and logic is philosophy. We should send you math autists to Veeky Forums.

Have fun having bridges collapse and astronauts during due to a failure of bad calculations and chemists blowing them selves up because they don't know how to use the right math and logic. You are faggot and more then likely a virgin.

>You are faggot and more then likely a virgin
>then

really makes you think

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Full on sperg out lmao those jobs you mentioned are for engineers anyway

This.

>a mathfag providing a goldielocks explanation

Ha!

You self-sucking cultists utterly suck at teaching shit. you either provide a 1000 page link and say read about it, or you provide just the solution and call everyone brainlets. that solution is usually about an inch long and is the equivalent of flipping to the back of the book.

in favor of this.

i'm tired of looking at black-hole threads and other assorted popsci drivel

Why no love for Alchemy? /alh/ maybe?

>E36
I couldn't afford an E46/E92: the car

How do you go about getting GRE scores from people who haven't started college yet?

You shouldn't be taking the GRE until you're about ready to graduate, at which point they would just have a major, rather than an "intended major."

Also, the scale of this doesn't make much sense. I'm sure the average IQ of a person in college would be slightly higher than the average IQ, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me that the average IQ of a person who intended to major in physics have an average IQ two standard deviations above the average IQ in the population. Particularly when you include the large number of people, fresh out of high school, who may intend to major in physics but promptly fail out after their first semester.