When did you have your first existential crysis Veeky Forums?

When did you have your first existential crysis Veeky Forums?
Do you think the time you have one is relative to intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn22028-computer-that-could-outlive-the-universe-a-step-closer/
newscientist.com/article/mg21328484-000-death-defying-time-crystal-could-outlast-the-universe/
extremetech.com/extreme/160928-five-dimensional-glass-memory-can-store-360tb-per-disc-rugged-enough-to-outlive-the-human-race
is.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=jxepnIG1yQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

absurdism best

i just live day to day.

Existential crises are brainlet-tier.

It should be obvious to anyone with any amount of intelligence that life is meaningless. That's really not scary - it's exciting. You get to pick the meaning of your life.

If you can't come up with a good meaning, you're probably retarded and will have an existential crisis. If you're smart, you'll come up with something worthwhile.

Biologist and Christian here.

And I am absolutely OK with my Faith.

How do you define an existential crisis? I ponder on whether life has any meaning fairly often, but I wouldn't consider it a 'crisis', its just a fun pastime.

It's hilarious how contradictory this post is.

I guess the first time you felt anxiety or when you had a big realization. I kinda define mine when I got scared of death at 16

When I was like 7 after a seeing the concept of microscopic life discussed on TV. I became a germophobe as a result of wondering if microbes could have sapient or conscious thought and could plan to kill me. Then I also ending up going the opposite direction and found myself considering that relative to the size of the universe we are microscopic and we're like microbes trapped inside the body of the universe.

I finally came to my senses after middle school science classes when I was taught that microbes are both too small and not complex enough in design to have any type of sapience let alone consciousness, and that we have observed that there isn't even anything resembling life at the atomic level. We dont even see sapience in insects and those things are alive. At the lowest levels all we have are simple rules which determine whether stuff bonds or not, which isn't overly complex. At the cellular stage, there's some more rules, but it's still not complex enough for sapience.

So I realized that we are probably at the lowest levels for sapience right now, and there's no need to worry about supersmall invisible critters planning to murder me.

Those years were a nightmare fueled hell.

This shit is so bad. Nietzsche was anti-romantic

*tips fedora*

Does it count when I accept that I have no dreams and that optimism is cowardice?

this user knows whats up

>not having shitposting as your lifestyle

Your definition of crisis is probably different from mine.

Simply coming to the conclusion that life has no inherent meaning is not a crisis in my book.

not him but what is your point? do you expect everything to have a meaning? even things that were made for a purpose don't have meaning. a computer has no meaning, just meant to do computer shit by us.

and humans weren't designed by anyone. there is no purpose nor meaning.

I had mind around seven years old or so. It was then that I realized that the scope of consciousness is far more vast and absurd than many realize. The universe is not meaningless, it's point is to have no meaning.

Now i know that the ultimate purpose of life is to submit to the human condition. What naturally follows is the realization that as a consequence of the previously mentioned, every possible action and path in life is as good as god.

Computer that could outlive the universe a step closer.

newscientist.com/article/dn22028-computer-that-could-outlive-the-universe-a-step-closer/

Death-defying time crystal could outlast the universe

newscientist.com/article/mg21328484-000-death-defying-time-crystal-could-outlast-the-universe/

The Last Question by Asimov

The story deals with the development of universe-scale computers called Multivacs and their relationships with humanity through the courses of seven historic settings, beginning in 2061. In each of the first six scenes a different character presents the computer with the same question; namely, how the threat to human existence posed by the heat death of the universe can be averted.

> .com

Into the trash it goes.

I had the opposite problem...

I remember looking at some paramecium in a drop of water under the microscope in the 7th grade. I accidentally left the lamp on, and by the time I came back, the water had almost entirely dried up. The last poor little paramecium was dashing back and forth in his shrinking world in what looked like panic. Then, before I could turn off the lamp, the drop became too small for him, he went into spasms that looked like painful suffering, then his membrane burst and leaked all over. He died.

Felt so guilty... Poor little thing. They *shouldn't* be complex enough to suffer, and yeah, I was anthropomorphizing quite a bit, but it sure put on a good simulation of fear and agony.

Granted, I suppose if you believe every living thing has soul, everything is sapient, and you're guilty for the death and suffering of billions every day you're alive.

extremetech.com/extreme/160928-five-dimensional-glass-memory-can-store-360tb-per-disc-rugged-enough-to-outlive-the-human-race
Granted, it doesn't "really" outlive the universe, just all other matter in it. Eventually the atoms that it's made up of will be torn apart by universal expansion. Plus, possibly, proton decay.

Obligatory:
is.Veeky Forums.org/wsg/1483701381405.webm
is.Veeky Forums.org/wsg/1483701277812.webm

Where's that first one from?

George Takei being George Takei:
youtube.com/watch?v=jxepnIG1yQQ