Who would win?

Well, Veeky Forums, who would win this?

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy.com/2014/11/1000000-grahams-number.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the ants

I think the ants would generate so much heat they would die.

That many soldiers would have more than the mass of a lot of suns.

Probably the ants too.

They'd all die in the black hole they'd induce.

Not the OP, but surely the soldiers would be spaced out across a very large volume. They'd probably also have a fleet.
Seems more feasible. But they also wouldn't fit in the observable Universe, neither would the soldiers I doubt.

>probably the ants too

The ants would have a mass hundreds of googolpexs of times bigger than the mass of the universe.

The ants and the soldiers will fill the observable universe and then will be crushed by gravity until they reach their schwarzschild radius and make a black hole which will kill both the rest of the ants and the soldiers, also as said because of the enormous amount of soldiers and ants they will generate more heat than the entire energy of the observable universe.

Am I missing something or is mass of the observable universe within an order of magnitude of mass of a black hole with schwartzschild radius of the observable universe? What's with this?

Even if you scale this down so it's realistic, it doesn't make any sense.

1 billion ants VS 100 marines

Why would they even right? More importantly How would they fight? Marines can't shoot shoot them cause they're too small, and all ants can do is give a mildly irritating bite. It's a retarded question in any context.

Imagine that for every planck length in the universe you have an ant and you wouldn't even be remotely close to appreciating the size of grahams number. If you took the cartesian product of every planck length you would still not have made even a dent.

i think ur forgetting the marines can also step on the ants

Ants are like bricks when they go into their special formations.

a hundredth of a billion ants are probably enough to clog the airways of a marine.

Since in both cases there would be more ants/marines/ than particles in the universe I would say we all lose

googolplex isn't even a visible fraction of graham's number, in fact I'm pretty sure it's not even as big as 3↑↑↑↑3, so even if you evenly dispersed them all on a hypothetical physical plane that stretches beyond the observable universe you're still talking about roughly G63 ants per each marine

Thats easy. The ants would assault him with climbing up and biting to the point of his exhaustion, and then they would pile on him and he would suffocate. It might take a few days before he collapsed but he would be doomed.

The ants. They wouldn't even fit in the observable universe. If their mass was packed in somehow, it would cause a black hole and destroy the marines. If we could have the fight I'm side of an alternate universe which was large enough, there's no way the Marines would be able to destroy all the ants anyway. They'd be fighting for eternity.

>They'd be fighting for eternity
Fact: This is how most universes end.

Graham's number is stupidly huge. Like pure and utter nonsense huge. The googleplex is nothing at all compared to Graham's number.

>black hole

No such thing.

>you are now aware that there is a parallel universe composed of nothing but crushed ants and soldiers

Where is your God now?

>Graham's number is much larger than many other large numbers such as Skewes' number and Moser's number, both of which are in turn much larger than a googolplex. As with these, it is so large that the observable universe is far too small to contain an ordinary digital representation of Graham's number, assuming that each digit occupies one Planck volume, possibly the smallest measurable space. Even power towers are insufficient for this purpose
This number is a Mary Sue.

Sounds like made up bullshit desu.

the amount of formic acid alone from the ants carcases would kill the people

The sheer fire-power of muskets, I favour the British.

Jackie Chan can dodge as many bullets as he wants

>made up bulshit
Yep, that would be all of math. Doesn't mean it's not interesting or useful.

Graham's number was used in a serious proof.

It says that graham's number is"not suitable to be written down as a power tower"

but I'm not convinced by this. Where is the proof for how such a representation would be impossible?

If you actually took time to understand the concept of Graham's number you'd understand.
Try waitbutwhy.com/2014/11/1000000-grahams-number.html

The marines would win because human lifespan is just much longer than ant's... marines would have to with for the death of all ants. If they're allowed to reproduce, then I darn well hope that they have some female marines there, lol

They say that individual ants behave the same way that neurons do in the human brain. They form a literal hive mind this way. What would happen if we amped up the signaling speed of the ant's artificial neural net? A hive like the one in Brazil (the entire country is 1 giant ant colony) with a signaling speed comparable to humans, how intelligent would it be? LIke over 1000 IQ?

Well, now assuming that each marine is fully equipped with Armor as well as weapons, from Grenades, Sidearms, Assault Rifles etc... We also have to take in to account the type of ant each Marine would be facing off against, and we are also assuming that each marine is facing off against an equal amount of ants, so each singular marine is now tasked with facing off against 10,000,000 ants. If we were to go by what is considered the most dangerous species of ant, "Bull Ant" then the Soldiers would not really stand a chance. But more factors would go in as well, where would they fight, how much time, would they have, any outside assistance for the soldier, etc... So here, it would most likely go to the Ants, however, leave it to OPs original question, and Nobody would really win.

sp

More likely they would create a black hole... the marines too

A googleplex is 10 to the power 10100 (or something like that, Graham's number is too large to be expressed as a power, meaning any power you can think of larger than googleplex is going to be smaller than Graham's number and yet many magnitudes higher in number than a googleplex, I would guess the difference in magnitude only has to be around 4 or 5 to get an equal mass,

ants would obviously win, any scenario, in beyond nightmarish proportions

No one would win because we all die in the end. :(

you laugh now, but this discussion is still better than 50% of stack overflow

I was answering the "Scaled down" version of this question, which is "1Billion ants Vs. 100 Marines" but the answer to OP's question is no one. But if we really want to branch off, we can always discuss what each side of the party is truly winning, or what the main objective is.

It's more of a question of a googleplex of ants vs one marine, and even that is grossly out of proportion, Graham's number is unfathomably large

Every level of Gn has G(n-1) arrows. So to represent G64 you need G63 arrows, good luck writing that.

Op's Question(Grahams # Vs. Googolplex)

>nobody wins

The scaled down version(1billion ants Vs. 100 US Marines)

>the ants, if it were a 1 soldier facing 10 million ants situation

ants form the massive black hole destroying marines

Scaled down assumes preserving the ratio of the two components, it has been ridiculously changed

flame thrower or even just a water hose

I'd love to hear your argument

>you couldn't even power tower up to Graham's length with all the space in the universe.
Alright this one caught me off guard.

>go on wiki
>it says Grahams number is unimaginably large
>there's a citation link
"Graham's number is "unimaginably" large in the sense that its digits contain more information than can be contained within the volume of a human brain, the latter being limited by the amount of entropy of a black hole the size of the brain.[1][2]

kek that's pretty creative

*on an infinite flat field

Gravity

>digits contain more information than can be contained within the volume of a human brain

It's actually volume the universe. You could use planks length particles as placeholders for digits and there wouldn't be enough matter in the universe to write out all the digits. But that's using our simple base 10 number system. Surely if we used a larger base number system, such as base Grahams number for instance, then it'd be possible. I wonder what is the smallest possible base number system needed to write out Grahams number.

obviously fucking ants. they would destroy the entire universe if tried to be squeezed in to it

if you had Graham's Number you'd need more than an observable universes amount of space to represent a single character

>more than an observable universes amount of space to represent a single character

The last 12 characters are: 262464195387
I just created 12 new observable universes

Does Jackie Chan want trouble in this scenario?

simple, Graham's number is just 1 in base Graham

brainlet

it would be 10, you ass hat.
1 = Graham^0

are you fucking stupid?

Even googleplex power googleplex power googleplex ... written googleplex times that is still an invisible fraction of Graham Number

Yes, but he is holding a baby.

Black hole is nothingness and nothingness can't exist. It is a prime example of why you should stay in pure math and not make baseless assumptions.

Nigga that is straight up not true

Nice argument, 'nigga'.

Black holes aren't nothingness

If the ants had motivation to fight, they could beat the marines, but because they're fucking ants, they'd probably just ignore them.

Alright bud, write a paper and watch your Nobel roll in. If you can casually disprove Einstein then you should seek the recognition you deserve.

>Black hole is nothingness

Says who?
Just because you can't look at them doesn't mean they are not there.