Show me your notes

1) Post a pic of your mathematics and scientific notes.

2) Explain what it is.

3) Ask a question about someone else's notes

>notes
lol, brainlet

>not keeping everything the professor writes on the board in clean, organized mental folders stored in your head

lol, and I thought this was a board for smart people

>not keeping every word and number the professor writes or says in a giant thick string filled with smaller connections all in your head
lol, pleb

>not having written a mental OS in which you wrote a function that automatically outputs exam answers using the professors hand movements as input

super blebs

tfw to smart for notes

OP here
Finally!
but you forgot to explain you shit

First part is review of Renormalization.

Second part is about Renormalization Group flow.

The rest is discussing the RG flow of the Nonlinear sigma model (in 2 dimensions). With particular focus on the fact that to first order in the pertubation theory, that RG flow equation of the NLSM is the Ricci flow of the metric on the target space acting as a coupling.

Does this have to do with information theory and some sort of learning?

No. Renormalization is a process for eliminating divergent terms that appear in quantum field theories.

The d=2 nonlinear sigma model is essentially String Theory.
i.e. Its a quantum field theory where the field embedded a surface into a higher dimensional space. This surface is viewed as the area a string swipes out as it vibrates.

I fuck, I know nothing about physics. I saw Ricci flow and was thinking statistics.

>I saw Ricci flow and was thinking statistics.

Ricci flow is a thing describing the evolution of the geometry of a manifold in way that sort of smooths it out.

Thanks for explaining it in layman's terms. Thanks now I can sort of see why it would be used in statistics if it can smooth out a noisy manifold.

good studies

or maybe smooth out noisy information into a manifold. I forgot that manifolds are already smooth

I attempted to apply a form of Alchemy to the periodic table of elements; worked surprisingly well actually.

How does it work? Have you made any gold yet?

The theory is that as an element moves across the periodic table, it begins to take form more characteristics of the thing associated with it. (Earth-like as in being more stable and grounded, etc.)

So it moves to a steady state?

yes.