WHY IS GRAD SCHOOL SO EXPENSIVE

WHY IS GRAD SCHOOL SO EXPENSIVE

Other urls found in this thread:

rackham.umich.edu/funding/masters
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They figure that if anyone is stupid enough to go to grad school, they'll be stupid enough to pay the fee/s anyways.

because you are doing the kind of tasks which are reserved for authentic african members of criminal organisations

It's the same as buying stocks.

The one's that have a higher likelihood of having a big payout require much more put in initially.

At my school, college of law is the most expensive

Grad school in what? In math and physics you usually get paid for good programs. Not getting any money is basically a rejection letter.

Pretty sure grad school is usually free***.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GODDAMN PEPES ON Veeky Forums GOD DAMMIT

Only the enlightened are able to use Pepes' correctly.

Statistics, don't think I'm getting shit

It's not. Academic funding for it is funded almost entirely by the undergrads. You shouldn't be paying money to go to grad school, unless you didn't do well enough in undergrad to get an academic scholarship or into a work study program where you get the brunt of it paid by doing a little extra work for the school.
In which case you shouldn't be in grad school. You should be either working a job or hacking a higher GRE score through multiple retests to get your shit covered by the school.

PhD programs pay. What kind of masters pays?

>Only the enlightened are able to use apostrophes correctly.

It's not if you get grants. You're supposed to work your ass off at your shit state school and qualify for grant entry into ivy/MIT/ect.

no more pel

Pretty much all of them if they are STEM. Even the non-STEM ones pay a lot of the time if they are at a larger school and have research departments.

I've never heard of STEM masters paying

Many of my peers are being paid for their bio masters, generally in environmental/organismal/geological studies.
This is of course in my own anecdotal experience.

My mind automatically jumped to PhD when I saw grad school because that's all I've cared about. My mistake.

rackham.umich.edu/funding/masters
My school has scholarships out the ass for masters students. There's less money than the undergraduate pool but the catch is that there are way less people in the grad programs. You have your typical AA stuff, research grants, in state funding, emergency funding, work study, and specific stuff for STEM. You talk to financial aid and you basically get covered as long as you're not failing.

PhD's are. MDs, JDs, and Masters Programs are not.

is it worth getting a master's and doctorate in mechanical engineering?

It's worth getting a masters and doctorate in about anything. You're guaranteed to find work in academia at the very least and you can join in on screwing undergrads at your Uni out of millions if you can't make it elsewhere.

It's because they are scams.
Unless you're doing them in Europe.

>unless you're doing them in Europe
>literally every shitskin from Europe
Is dying to get into USA for graduate studies

Why are you so fucking stupid that you haven't taken the hint yet?

>NOT BEING OFFERED FULL FUNDING AND A STIPEND FOR GRADSCHOOL IS A POLITE [math]{\color{red}{\underline{REJECTION}}} [/math]

The only people who actually pay for gradschool are stupid trustfund babies who professors trick into using as labrats while getting money to fund their golden boy/girl.

Even if you're rich doing grad-school is not worth your time and your degree won't help you get a related job because your prof won't recommend you to anyone, you didn't make it, go do something else with your life.

We were talking about masters.
Masters in US are basically scams.

>He lives in America
I'm so sorry

OP is talking about masters programs, not PhD

So? Most US universities have funding for good incoming master students and in Europe you have to a masters first anyway.

The american school system is depressing.

t. german

Expensive? Its free. At least if you live in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY.

Yours is even worse. Declining standards worse than Malaysia.

Are your seriously saying Malaysian's education system is better than German's?
Damn ISIS.

This. But if you have only a few studenta who yield a greater return, it does imply 90% of college grads will grow up to be failures as NEETs or stuck in dead end jobs forever.

Student loans remove the mechanisms of capitalism, it will continually get worse as people assume money will not inflate or deflate while getting a loan

Because it is, objectively. We applied for Washington Accord accredittation and failed because our standards are dogshit.

Meanwhile the top Malay unis got it.

Germany is utter shit and it's only going to get worse as they dumb it down to graduate all the shitskins.

In most biomedical science PhD programs -- any reputable program, for that matter -- the stipend is guaranteed.

That said, the source of the stipend is not guaranteed. But, that's a different subject.

>want to go to gradschool
>have good grades
>never talk to professors unless required

I'm not gonna make it am i ...

FREE
t. eurocuck

where the fuck does all the grad school money go and what do i need to do to get a piece of it

Just talk to the who's class you did best in and ask them to wrote you a letter. Most will be happy to do so as long as you weren't a dick or a distraction. It's in their best interests to help their students that performed well make it far.

Is that why my lecturer I getting 200k pay yer, you fucking retard. Get your bs out here you unwashed pleb. Stop spouting bullshit to discourage those who want to go to grad school, mother fucker

When nationalism goes to far. Simply delusional.

STEM masters or any masters programs for that matter do not pay.

PhD programs pay simply because you have a teaching obligation. oh yeah and they just decide to tack on like $200,000 of free schooling for that for some reason.

>guaranteed to find work in academia

You literally couldn't be any more wrong.

Going to grad school without funding is an awful idea

This, really. I'm still an undergrad but thinking about grad school and every professor I've talked to has said that if the school really thinks youd be even a decent student, you'll get in basically for free. They do this because graduate students are where universities get their reputations. If you do well and end up contributing to your field or getting a good industry job, they can flaunt your success as theirs.

Huh? It's expensive? Last time I checked my tuition was like $100 a semester. I live in the USA by the way. Of course most of my tuition is funded by research monies.

I think you know the answer user.

Haha no. There's masters mech e grads at my company that are interns doing hardly anything critical and the majority of them don't get hired on at the end of the internship.

Education is expensive because of guaranteed loans. If you have to have good credit to take out a student loan and if you actually had to pay it back schools would have to drastically decrease fees. They can charge whatever they want with the current system because naive 18 to 25 year olds are willing to get "free money" in order to pay for their own training for a job they are not only not guaranteed to get, but are not even LIKELY to get at all without much more experience in the field. If you actually think getting any degree these days is a good investment your not intelligent.