Where the fuck do I go from here

where the fuck do I go from here

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/09/is-harvard-so-rich-that-it-should-literally-be-illegal/280002/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To a school that isn't shit tier

which one is not shit tier

Go to Harvard 100%, unless you get mit.

The prestige alone is worth it. Don't listen to the jealous cucks on here.

lel, harvard isn't worth shit to a STEM employer

If you're anything else like your pretentious-ass high school class, you'll waste your time taking a fucking "gap year" to "find yourself."

In all seriousness, you go to damn Harvard and you work your fucking ass off and earn that invitation.

listen to them

Keep telling yourself that, bud. Undergrad literally means nothing (you have no access to research facilities or professors) UNLESS you went to Harvard, MIT, caltech, or Stanford, and that's only because of the perceived prestige and connections.

I'm totally sure your degree from Kansas state or bumblefuck ukraine university gets viewed the same as Harvard, though. Don't worry.

harvard = liberal arts, the comp sci etc is garbage

What kind of a shit college doesn't give access to research facilities and professors to worthy STEM students?

I go to a half-decent state college and there are a TON of undergrad research opportunities, at least for biotech.

>you have no access to research facilities or professors)

That is not true. I would say at least half of the physics majors in school are involved in some type of research group.

Harvard doesn't mean much for IT buster

Yeah, taking your professors coffee order and cleaning up his mess at the end of the night doesn't count.

Schools don't waste money on undergrads.

>Schools don't waste money on undergrads.
yeah they'd rather spend it on themselves

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/09/is-harvard-so-rich-that-it-should-literally-be-illegal/280002/

Congrats, nigga. But that is not science.

>where the fuck do I go from here
About half a million dollars in debt.

Still doesn't pay enough dividends to make it worth it though.

they don't let white people into harvard, so dont' bother

Half the fucking school is jews, asians & affirmative action shitskins make up most of the rest

yeah it has really gone to shit, "muh prestige" is an outdated meme, at least for non-liberal arts

Experimental research is easy to get into. Just be a code monkey.

Busack sounds really jewish.

Didn't ED results come in around December?
Don't listen to the haters, unless you make it into another top STEM school, Harvard is Harvard, study hard, get connections and make a name for yourself.
This is coming from someone who just applied RD though...

harvard has one of the best computability programs in the world, you retard. they invented the classical CS curriculum

>implying anyone graduating from harvard is going to work in IT like a 40 year old bronie with an associates degree in IT

>implying

Dafuq you supposed to do the next 4 years?

oh my god who cares? just fucking study and learn shit. you realize the reason lectures existed at all was because there was at one point limited supply of textbooks? you guys tout so much shit about your institute when you should view it as a tool nothing more. you use it. stop fucking defining yourself by it. it's like a mechanic bragging that he bought the prestigious non plastic mastercraft and he had to use his whole savings for it, and waited 4 years. it's cringy shit. just learn, ask questions if you don't understand something, and try to find something that interests you. life will move on with or without your fucking maturity.

Did you even bother looking into undergrad research? I've never heard of this happening to anyone. Undergrad research is an awesome deal in all the places I've been

at best you'll be an out of touch academic, and that's if you actually learned things and didn't just memorize things for tests like pajeets do

Congrats, OP.

DID U KNOW HARVARD STUDENTS CAN TAKE CLASSES AT MIT?
DO A DOUBLE CONCENTRATION CHEM/PHYSICS

BUT DO IT THE REAL WAY: 6 CLASSES PER SEMESTER

I'M NOT FORCING YOU IN ANY WAY, BUT U KNOW U HAVE TO. IF YOU DON'T DO 6 CLASSES A SEMESTER CHEM/PHYS JUST DON'T GO, LET SOMEONE WHO CAN DO IT

i'm turned off the caps lock to say what everyone knows and maybe won't say:
someone has to step up and become the next energy inventor, the next building material inventor
let it b you

Shouldve chosen princeton desu

I hope you're studying pure math. Otherwise it's a waste.

dead fucking serious here to hear me out

1. obviously accept
2. dual major in finance and econ
3. IMMEDIATELY start looking for finance, investment banking, econ, etc clubs on campus
4. IMMEDIATELY look for a frat that is BUSINESS frat that has connections to wall st
5. IMMEDIATELY start looking for internships at big 4 investment banks on wall st
6. IMMEDIATELY start reaching out to alumni via phone, email, linkedin, etc. to ask to pick their brain over coffee or lunch (you pay for them everytime. offer to pay, but dont sound desperate)
7. get straight a's and join every honors program
8. get offer to start at big 4 investment bank after graduation
9. ....
10. profit?

when you start after you graduate, after a bit, talk to your higher ups about them paying for you to get your mba

congratulations, you have no guaranteed your spot as a millionaire

Califag here. Is a STEM degree from UC Berkeley worth anything?

maybe if you have a nose for business

Sure, but grading is unnecessarily harsh.
Fighting grade inflation, they said.
And cheating is rampant.

Go to a real school like Stanford or Caltech.

no. American universities are bad, they are like German high school LOL

Oh look, another Nazi.
German unis are fine and all, but they don't compare even to mid-tier American universities.

inb4, all research is done in MPI.

Angsty but realistic post

>Go to a non-tryhard school
>Easily become the department's golden boy
>Fantastic references and opportunities present themselves

Versus

>Go to Harvard
>You are now considered mediocre compared to your peers
>No recognition
>All you'll get out of it is a Stamp of Autism on your degree

>tfw too intelligent for Harvard

>be white guy
>wanted to major in the liberal arts
>afraid that all the minoroties are sucking the comittees dicks before i have a chance
>realize most just want to major in autistic shit like math
>got accepted into harvard

I love this system.

Go to Harvard (unless you want to do science and got into MIT/Stanford or want to do Engineering and got into MIT/Stanford/Cornell)
Work hard and then collect the endless benefits

Seriously you are retarded if you don't accept that, its the best school in the world.

Tell us more about how intimately familiar you are with Harvard's CS curriculum

I can't even count the number of projects that have come out of Berkeley that are still used in academia/industry. So yes.

>be european
>see people shitting on harvard

was it a meme all along?

Those would be CS projects I'm talking about.

Veeky Forums here, you days are getting baited

UWA

>harvard-cucks are this deluded

I'm going to a no name tier party state school for CS and I got am internship at Google for next summer.

All my competition was MIT, Stanford, Berkely kids too paying 3x my tuition LMAO

[spoiler]im black btw, but im autistically smart so please don't actual consider going to a state school over an Ivy/stanford/cal[/spoiler]

Go to Harvard if that's where you'd like to study.
Everyone here saying ''lel it suck at STEM xD'' is most likely a failed applicant studying in university of bumfucknowhere.

>I'm black btw

I don't think you understand quite how heavily bay area companies prioritize diversity hiring

There are literally 100x as many white and asian kids applying as you

bit the b8

honors student and also got my interviews through a google coding challenge (perfected every solution) and 3 technical interviews (got optimal solutions for each Q and follow up with spare time)

nothing personnel, kid

>go to harvard
>work in lab of world renowned expert
>get her recommendation
>applying for jobs/PhD programs, former lab alumni will understand your training

It's like you don't even know how STEM jobs work.

There is no b8. I'm in CS as well, I had a black friend who was fairly mediocre but got a 120k offer from Microsoft. If you think they don't have a strategy of fast tracking any competent black programmer they come across you are delusional.

Berkeley is fine. Be careful if you're going there on loans though or dont already live in the Bay area. The cost of living will fuck you up and an undergrad degree will not easily remedy the debt from it.

I have white friends who are fairly mediocre and got offers from Facebook and Microsoft

whats your point again?

Do you think every Big4/unicorn employee is exceptional? lmao kiddo

No, I'm saying it isn't a coincidence that the few women and minorities in my program are getting great offers while the rest are a mixed bag

it might as well be

I know women and minorities in my program with meh offers/no offers

unless you have hard numbers on these hiring rates it may very well be coincidence. Racial/Gender demographics of Tech companies tend to directly reflect those of the target universities they hire from (overwhelmingly Asian, Indian and White)

I suppose your counter argument will be that those numbers would still be skewed due to to AA for college admissions, but the vast (VASSST) majority of minority college admits end up in non STEM fields)

and besides that I was severely overqualified for admission into my college

This, im going to a state school and all my freinds have gotten internship offers from lochheed, northrop, raytheon, google, intel, apple, etc. inb4 minorities, most of them are white

>her

If you're actually well qualified I'm not going to diminish your accomplishments, it's hard to find these "hard numbers" as it's technically not a very ethical thing to do it's just something I've observed

if they don't maintain at least a base amount of "X demographic" their organization looks bad, as a result they are prioritizing them when they can

ACCEPT IT
This is the best fucking university in the world
Get the fuck out of the delusional Veeky Forums echo-chamber that's blatantly disconnected from reality, and go to Harvard

What did do during highschool? Pls tell me

>comp sci etc is garbage

any fellow JHU 2021 bros in here

Harvard obviously

>where the fuck do I go from here

Into the trash can, Busack

it's good if you're a literal jew and you're trying to get into wall street or something like suggested

if you're doing something merit-based where your actual abilities matter more than your piece of paper or your nose and connections then you don't need to go to harvard at all. see . in fact the insufferable smugness as seen in posts like , and the """"over-qualification"""" (in the applicant's deluded mind) can be straight up detrimental

Well OP you did good. Im actually curious what you did to get it, if it was any different from my method. Just go, if you can pay out of pocket, if not get a loan (worth for harvard) and work your ass off.

never get too comfortable and youll be fine

OP if you actually listen to dumbfucks like this
I feel sorry for you

GO TO FUCKING HARVARD

Congrats OP! I'm sure you're gonna do great things with your life. Try not to get too elitist, and remember to always be thankful for what you were given.

American CS is a joke compared to German CS

Congratulations OP. Could you tell me some of your stats and ECs? Also, will you get any financial aid?

Hi Mr. Busack, this is Mrs. Weinstein, a member of the Harvard Admissions Committee.

We are currently reviewing our decision to admit you to the Harvard Class of 2021 on the grounds of behavior unbecoming of a Harvard Alumnus.

Bait.

>too much of a deadbeat to ever making it into harvard
>ITS THE FUCKING JEWS NIGGERS BOOGY OOGY KEEPING THIS SUPERIOR WHITE MAN DOWN
Kek. /pol/sos are so delusional.

Everyone, can we just congratulate OP?

fuck off niggers, you aren't welcome here.

>harvard
>still not a navy seal

please let this happen.
PLEASEEEE LOOOOL

>navy seal
>still not The Legend

sounds like somebody went to a state school

Shut up retard it's fucking Harvard

Lol babby I've taken 9 this semester