Drugs

How accurate is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

truthonpot.com/2013/07/13/scientists-discover-another-way-marijuana-helps-the-brain-grow/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did they choose this ratio and not the inverse??
If I say "If you take 5 times the active dose you die", or "If you take 100 times the active does you die", this makes sense. But with 0.2 and 0.01 nobody can quickly get it.

If you take 0.2 times the lethal dose you don't die

Because this way it makes the graph more intuitive so damage extends along both axes

.2 means 5x

Says active dose over lethal so 1/5 = .2

How does alcohol have a 0.1 Active dose/lethal dose? One drink gets me slightly buzzed, but 10 drinks won't kill me. Unless they take "active dose" to mean "gets you completely drunk", in which case it might be true

Lethal dose of ethanol is about 400ml.
That's equal to 5 liters of 8% beer. One tenth then would be 500ml ( approximately 1 pint).
Seems legit to me.

Get pure alcohol.
The same amount as you have in 10 drinks.
Inject it by way of IV.

Normally your liver is working hard to get alcohol out of your system so 10 drinks in a night won't kill you.
But if you consume it in a way that can get the whole dose in your body instantly, you are fucked.

Also the chart makes Nitrous oxide seem worse than caffeine.
Nitrous fucks with your B12 which can cause pretty severe problems.

Its alright.

Another one.

You people feel the alcohol's effect from one beer?

Tbh active dose is probably defined by animal testing. I doubt its based on same as we imagine

>LSD is less harmful than alcohol guise
Mm mm

yeah

500ml of 8% beer would be noticeable for me, although I'm sure the active dose is double that at least

10 drinks won't kill you if you drink it in the course of an evening, sure, but 10 drinks all at once, good fucking luck.

All depends on where you set the threshold. I notice one beer, but it doesn't really affect anything I do (motor skills or focus)

>would be noticeable for me, although I'm sure the active dose is double that
wtf, are you retarded?

yes. if you don't you're probably too stupid to notice.

don't underestimate alcohol.

>solvents

Well I am physically dependent on dihydrogen monoxide, and in my region addiction to this solvent is practically universal.

LSD isn't really that harmful physically, you don't get physically addicted, and you can't OD either. Only thing you really risk is getting mindraped and inducing mental illness.

>marijuana same dependence potential as caffeine

That doesn't seem right

>dependence potential given a subjective, qualitative measure but still presented as continuous data
Not great.
It's important not to miss that benzodiazepine, barbiturate and alcohol withdrawal can be fatal, while nobody has ever had fatal complications from even very sudden. painful opioid w/d.
Tendency towards compulsive redosing is another large concern separate from chronic addiction and worth studying in itself. Stims generally aren't "addictive" per se, beyond a sort of post-comedown re-eqilibration, but things like ethylphenidate will keep you taking more at the same sitting until your nose is shot. Nitrous is huge on compulsive redosing, but you don't really experience cravings when sober. This is typical of NMDA antagonists; I suggest ketamine's lower dependence rating reflects this redosing tendency and as such that this "dependence potential" scale is a confused muddling of many distinct factors.
There are also far, far better ways of quantifying harm than acute toxicity. How much asbestos do you need to snort for a lethal dose?

This is much better, but statistics can only provide so much insight. Really you have to go on erowid, psychonautwiki, or to the primary literature for an accurate read on the risks and risk factors of individual substances.
Whatever you do, don't pull these graphs out to "make a point" in public policy debates. Because that's not what you're doing.

>alcohol and caffeine on nearly the same dependence potential
It's a meme

Have you ever known somebody who has frequently been smoking pot for over a year straight? The mood and cognitive alteration of that person not getting high for a day is easily as significant, if not more sognificant, than somebody who drinks coffee every day for a year.

Yeah I personally know 50 people who have died from LSD, and none who have died from alcohol. Calling bullshit on this.

There's a reason why alcohol is legal: safest drug on the market.

You have no control in such a situation, there's no telling what this person would be like had they not smoked. Simply noticing a change and thinking it's because of weed is fucking moronic because people change anyways. In addition, whatever factors that led them to start frequently smoking pot could have led to their personality change.

It's painfully obvious that you don't even have a high-school level understanding of science, why are you even here? Shouldn't you be at /pol/ or /x/ or whatever are the current idiot-containing moron magnets? Clearly that isn't enough for you, so I recommend you take a vow of silence for the rest of your life to spare humanity from your stupidity.

Nitrous is way more addictive than it's ranked up there... You always go for another balloon after the first one. Many times you will go til you run out of money, or nitrous. Hopefully you got a friend there to pull you away.

>I personally know 50 people who have died from LSD
>There's a reason why alcohol is legal: safest drug on the market.

Did you not read the thread?
See

I know one guy through a guy who went nuts and later died, although it probably just triggered a condition he would have gotten later anyway, and another guy who had such a bad trip he couldn't see and never did it again. Every substance has its own unique set of risks.

Potential severe brain damage is no joke.

Heroin is only up there in lethalness because everone using has fluctuations in tolerance. (Stopping for 3 days then hitting the same dose may kill you)

>Potential severe brain damage is no joke.
Sure? Not arguing with you there, and I don't see how that responds to what I said.
I addressed your point about nitrous, and better, before you made it.

Either you haven't read many graphs or you're dull. Sorry friend lemee help you out.

.1 = 10
.2 = 5
.3 = 3.3
.4 = 2.5
.5 = 2
.75 = 1.33

Stoner here, can vouch for this but I'd say caffeine withdrawal is a bit worse on my mood

LSD is illegal because it's dangerous and has a high tendency for addiction

>dieing from weed

Active dose depends on what it is used for. Some opioids are better painkillers but less euphoric than others, so is the effective dose the dose required for recreation or pain relief?

Which are the most comfy, relaxing opioids? Say I care more about body high than euphoria.

>high tendency for addiction

Except that's garbage, literally no-one has ever died from an lsd overdose and the more often you take it,m the LESS you want to take it in future.

There is missing information

Nicotine has less withdrawal symptoms than caffeine, and is way more dangerous LD wise.

Alcohol has a huge LD50, around half a kilogram for a 80kg human, so it's much more safe than people think.

Psychedelics are known for being very dangerous for the mind, LSD tolerance develops in a day, cannabis is known to make you retarded(speak slower, lose motivation etc). All psychedelics have small lethal doses.

Cocaine is not so dangerous and was actually a medicine, it can be used to increase catecholamines if the dose is small and unregulated by tolerance. It has a

Morphine is a useful medicine. I wouldn't put it near heroin, which is euphoria inducing. But both have small lethal doses of under half a gram.

Where is meth? It's known for neurotoxicity and has absolutely no use.

methamphetamine is a very effective stimulant for weight-loss purposes, the neurotoxicity is a shame because its probably the most powerful weight loss drug known (it was originally prescribed as Obesin in the early 20th century)

Pervitin was a performance-enhancer consisting of mainly methamphetamine given to soldiers in World War II.

Your post also gives good information on those other drugs, especially on the deadliness of Nicotine and the relative safety of Alcohol.

>cannabis is known to make you retarded(speak slower, lose motivation etc).

Is the retardation from cannabis temporary or permanent?

Have I smoked myself retarded? I've been using cannabis about three times a week for nearly 4 months now and i've noticed a small cognitive decline. If I were to stop, is it reversible?

Heroin and morphine are the most sedative and euphoric.

truthonpot.com/2013/07/13/scientists-discover-another-way-marijuana-helps-the-brain-grow/

> there are countries that restrict khat
> literally a naturally occuring non lethal stimulant leaf
> any argument against it can be used twicefold against caffeine
What the fuck

kys

caffeine increases productivity you useless pothead

> you in charge of reading
I said khat you faggit. It's a stimulant leaf you chew

>ketamine less addictive than marijuana
Not entirely accurate lol

>I said khat you faggit.
Not him, but you were clearly comparing the two.
Does khat increase productivity? From my experience with it it's not really a nootropic

Why did you cut the chart?
I wonder why would someone do that :^)))

It stimulates dopamine and norepinephrine, but without nearly the affinity of amphetamine. I'm sure it will to some extent, but maybe not very efficiently.

I was comparing Khat to caffeine and he answered like I was talking about Marijuana.

And khat does increase productivity. It has no reason to be a controlled substance except for muh scary stimulation. If coffee is fine khat should be too.

Try to read the LSD Wikipedia's page before shitposting next time :^)

>arbitrarily labeled axes
RRRREEEEEEEE

>If coffee is fine khat should be too.
Hey, I agree with this. But I'm stim-experienced and unsubstituted cathinone really doesn't have near the CNS activity of the various alternatives. Probably due to ADME considerations.
My problem with substituted cathinones (a-php, a-pvp) is their combination of extreme body high and extreme mindfuck. Like, they make you as stupid as an animal, so much so that the high is no longer enjoyable. I've only really found them useful for relieving constipation.

But what's comfy you mong
I've preferred hydrocodone to heroin and U-47700, so I'm clearly not looking for euphoria. And heroin is hella itchy.

>All psychedelics have small lethal doses.

This isn't true, you can't OD on them. If you take more than your body can make use of, you just piss / shit the rest out.

This really depends. If you figure the 2C family as psychedelics, you're incorrect. Unless you're describing psychedelics ad just LSD and shrooms lmao.

>If you figure the 2C family as psychedelics, you're incorrect

Really? Care to give me a citation of someone dying from an OD from one?

>2C family
>not the DOX series
shiggy