Hey guys can you recommend me any good books on quantum mechanics...

Hey guys can you recommend me any good books on quantum mechanics? I'm dating this girl who's super fucking smart and into quantum physics. I want to get her a gift. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

fisica.net/quantica/ebooks/BASDEVANT & DALIBARD - Quantum Mechanics.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

get her a klien bottle

bitches love klien bottles

Not a bad idea. I plan on getting her a few things

If you do get her a klein bottle, get them from Cliff Stoll, a guy with over 1000 of them made in glass under his house. Numberphile did some videos on him

Someone post the copypasta

j j sakurai

Right on I'll check it out

>girl who's super fucking smart

Define "smart"

>and into quantum physics

Define "into"

The Historical Development of Quantum Theory by Mehra and Rechenberg:
Volume 1 - The Quantum Theory of Planck, Einstein, Bohr & Sommerfeld: Its Foundation & the Rise of its Difficulties 1900-1925.
Volume 2 - The Discovery of Quantum Mechanics 1925.
Volume 3 - The Formulation of Matrix Mechanics and Its Modifications 1925-1926.
Volume 4 - The Fundamental Equations of Quantum Mechanics 1925-1926. The Reception of the New Quantum Mechanics.
Volume 5 - Erwin Schrödinger and the Rise of Wave Mechanics. Part 1: Schrödinger in Vienna and Zurich 1887-1925. Part 2: The creation of Wave Mechanics, Early Response and Applications 1925-1926.
Volume 6 - The Completion of Quantum Mechanics 1926-1941. Part 1: The Probability Interpretation and the Statistical Transformation Theory, the Physical Interpretation, and the Empirical and Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics 1926-1932. Part 2: The Conceptual Completion of Quantum Mechanics.

The "complete" history of Quantum Mechanics in only 5059 pages and 7 kilograms.

The Old Quantum Theory by D. Ter Haar
Sources of Quantum Mechanics (Dover Books) by van der Waerden
Collected Papers on Wave Mechanics by Erwin Schrödinger
Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics by John von Neumann
Selected Papers on Quantum Electrodynamics (Dover Books) by Julian Schwinger
The Conceptual Development of Quantum Mechanics by Max Jammer
Speakable and Unspeakable in Quantum Mechanics: Collected Papers on Quantum Philosophy by Bell
Quantum Theory and Measurement by Wheeler and Zurek
Quantum Theory (Dover Books) by David Bohm
The Principles Of Quantum Mechanics by Dirac

Book is a personal thing.

>being this autistic on Veeky Forums

Does she actually study QM? Or is she an interested outsider?

If she studys I'd get her JJ Sakurai's book on advanced QM or whatever it's called. If she's more into QFT I used Schwarz's new QFT book and it was pretty intuititve to me, I've heard intro to QFT by Peskin and Schroeder is pretty good.

If she doesn't study, get her QFT in a nutshell or I dunno any pop sci QM book

Thank you. She studied a bit in college but she is a outsider. She's just very interested in the subject and she parallels it with a lot if new age stuff. Tesla and reaching higher vibrations

Oh, a crackpot.

Quantum Mechanics by Basdevant/Dalibard

fisica.net/quantica/ebooks/BASDEVANT & DALIBARD - Quantum Mechanics.pdf

As a mathematician I like it, because they are very precise and rigorous. If she can't handle it, dump her.

>tesla and reaching higher vibrations

oh so she's a fucking idiot.
Do not get her any of the actual textbooks, the maths will be 3 million miles above her head and useless. Get her some pop sci shit who gives a fuck. Hell get her some sort of pop sci string theory she'll probably appreciate that more.

PS She's not super fucking smart.

>She studied a bit in college
no she didn't
>She's just very interested in the subject
no she isn't
>[new age bullshit]
this one's true, that's who she is

>not getting her an e-reader and uploading shitloads of free pdf-files from the net on it with all kindzzzz of quantum books used by top 5 universities for pysics and give it to her

Get her an intervention and into rehab.

Or get her the Manga Guides to physics/electricity/relativity/universe/etc.

whats so wrong with some of new age bull shit
some of them does make sense like parelleling quantum phenomena to your brain/neurons

This guy, for fucks sake