Does Marijuana use make you retarded?

Does Marijuana use make you retarded?

Can the retardation be reversed?

The facts:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/396766
researchgate.net/profile/Jean_Lud_Cadet/publication/11039020_Dose-Related_Neurocognitive_Effects_of_Marijuana_Abuse/links/559964c808ae793d138050d7.pdf

All of these papers point to a serious cognitive decline from consistent cannabis consumption. These studies had a large sample size of at least 10 people, so these results are statistically sound. The real question then becomes, is the cognitive impairment permanent?

Other urls found in this thread:

v2.testmybrain.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The cognitive impairment is not permanent and resides as the drug leaves the body which can take a few days due to the binding of fat cells.

t. pounds in my lungs

On another note marijuana use is impossible to escape if it's in your environment. If you smoke it since you're twelve you might find yourself needing it for stability of your emotions.

I was reading a paper and it wasn't sure if the effects were due to a residual effect of the drug stemming from a withdrawal of sorts, if the drug was active still for days due to binding to fat cells, or if there was permanent impairment.

In my personal experience, it's the first two.

It's not permanent. The problem is that marijuana, like any high (such as always going back to an abusive lover) is addictive. It's a habit like any other, and as such it can be difficult to break, just as with any other habit.

>is the cognitive impairment permanent?

I think so

t. former cannabis user/addict

Maybe if you were smoking every day since you were 12 until you were 30, then yeah that's possible. But even then if you stop completely you will see improvements over long stretches of time.

Supposedly you can smoke marijuana up to 4 times per year (all relatively spread out) without any permanent/long-term side effects...

But I also learned that in high school health which is full of autistic factoid bullshit so take that with a grain of salt.

Lmao niggas on here quick to defend weed.

I did a brain test last night

v2.testmybrain.org/

I did the famous faces and scored in the top eight out of ten

I took the Test of Multiple Memory Types

Starts by flashing 25 pairs of unrelated words in succession.

Next you get a list of 30 words for which you must select the synonym from four .

Then you are asked to use the number on the keyboard to select the other from the pairs you were shown a few minutes earlier

you get one word .. you are shown four below 1.2.3.4 you hit the number next to the word which was paired with the one shown

On the synonym test I scored in the top nine out of ten

On the new information test which is testing your short term memory I scored at the bottom.. I was one out of ten

I smoked extensively in my 20s but quit perhaps nearly 30 years ago

One thing about this test.

When I realized what it was asking me to do I was strongly repulsed expecting I would do poorly..

I felt the information was coming faster than I could gain a sense I was going to have any chance of recalling it so I just stopped looking.

I will take the test again but I know I have extremely poor short term memory and have for the past 30 years

I would limit your intake of things which put substantial burdens on your brain.

Also avoid head injuries.. I hit a house at 15 and 1/2 when I stole my parents car. broke the windshield with my head and was unconscious for a few minutes.Long enough for emergency response to arrive

millennials use weed. gen z doesn't. the answer to your question should be self evident.

What's more likely? Getting knocked the fuck out for literally minutes affecting your short term memory or some 70s era weed. Hmmm

I'm gonna say Yes, based on my own experiences.

When i used to smoke daily my mind was always foggy, which makes its harder to create thoughts and ideas, and this lasted upto 3 weeks after smoking. The craving for new knowledge was also low when smoking.

When i used to smoke, my days would be spent infront of the tv in my bed with my cock in my hand.

But now my time is spent in the library, challanging my mind in a game of chess with great writers such as Fjodor. Math and physics have also made a new apperance in my life, even though i am not in school anymore.

Ive seen papers showing prefrontal damage from weed.

Every person I know, who uses weed a lot, seems to be a moron. Thus, I'm not so sure about it. It isn't any worse than tobacco and alcohol so I don't see the fuss over it really.

Bump

I saw a study saying that cognitive impairment is permanent for heavy users.

>Large sample size
>10 people

Are you high?

Maybe was being ironic. Read someone saying a good sample needs atleast 32 though someone else suggested atleast 16.

It affects development if you start smoking it before about 20

>anything less than 40

I smoke every day, have for 15 years or so. I get cranky if I go a week without, but I don't think it impairs cognitive function because I'm the 2nd smartest janitor at work. (One of the supervisors beat me at a carpet cleaning certification test.)

10 is a shit sample size.

Statistical power doesn't even begin to kick in until around an n of 50

you can do a mean average with n=3 and a nice median with n=10

You need to be 18 to post here Johnny.

All drugs (diversion, distraction, ignoring attitude) are negative to our health, our best interests, our potential.

Retarded = re[peatedly]-tard[y], late, slow. All of us are slower in the brain than we could be if we ate ALL the glucose and nutrients our brains needed while also avoiding all the O2-deficient alcohols (fructose is alcohol, as in ketone not aldose). Alcohol goes from stomach to brain and finds O2 in brain to use in its breakdown to glucose that the brain can use.

I think there are drugs (work addiction, studying addiction) that one inherently can use in being a life-long learner: and this determines if one declines or sees wisdom in age. I don't see many heroin addicts striving for wisdom; more for suicide, death. Same for those who chose alcohol (sugar in any form, other than glucose or glucose/fructose, that severely affects brain function).

Pot is the likely the drug of choice for most who seek spiritual answers. I never met many whose drug of choice was alcohol who were also into learning. Pot smokers are mostly mellow and cautious (paranoid). Alcohol drinkers are mostly out of control (inhibited of sensibility).

DNA, neuroplasticity and epigenetics suggest we can repair our bodies.

Ha i got that from a paper on imaging.

Some findings are rare.

I remember reading somewhere that marijuana permanently affects the brain of people

I actually read all those papers in OPs post.

The evidence is far from conclusive that cognative ability decreased AFTER smoking. For the first 2 the users were still high when tested. For the last one they measured the ability of people smoking 10 joints a day. You can't be that intelligent if you are smoking ten joints a day.

Lool, they are pretty conclusive with schizophrenia though, possibly mediated by prefrontal and hippocampal effects. Theres also alot of strong evidence in rats on neurobiological effects of thc.

Tbh after i dont think is the practically interesting finding. More long term effects are. Definitely is impairing during though.

Yes it does. Have you met any potheads?

How does this statement change when the subject age changes though? certainly if I started smoking 'chronically' when I was 7 the effects would be different than if I started when 37.

Oddly enough I remember reading it didn't effect (affect?) preggo ladies offspring that much though, the kids just ended up being more sociable and not retarded. But idk don't take my word for it here

> When i used to smoke, my days would be spent infront of the tv in my bed with my cock in my hand.

Metoo. Perhaps only time on this earth when live seemed worth living.

Tree, stupid. Not weed. By hitting at 5 mph or faster, that is.

Lol sometimes people with frontal brain damage become more sociable

Can you unbreak a broken glass?

From experience, it seems it only makes you consistently stupid if you are already lazy.

Ive noticed that if i spend the high reading about topics i enjoy learning about sober and overall using my brain, the feeling of being dumb and foggy doesnt set in as hard. If you just sit there and mindlessly consume media it will rot your brain.

Only the stupid potheads broadcast it.

Costodian, dick.

I'm a heavy user since I'm 12, I'm 30 now and I have a bachelors degree in comp sci, I was one of the best at the math stuff while studying and Im lead engineer at my company now.

I dont think weed is a problem and it doesnt make people stupid, it just happens that stupid people that have problems like to smoke weed.