Why did we evolve these useless things

Why did we evolve these useless things

>Get two sets, if you lose the second set at all they will never come back.
>many animals can regrow their teeth but not humans for some reason
>Require autistic level maintenance or else they fall out rendering you unable to eat
>Come out crooked unless you use medical procedures that would have been around when we were evolving.

So much for survival of the fittest...

Other urls found in this thread:

seeker.com/our-ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-1767213743.html
journals.humankinetics.com/doi/pdf/10.1123/ijsnem.16.2.129
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We live a lot longer than we used to - teeth used to be able to last 30 years, now need to last 90. Also, processed food and a lack of proper nutrition when developing leads to weak arches, which is a major reason they're jammed together and crooked. Plus processed sugar destroys them.

Read Weston Price.

dude if we still lived according to "that would have been around when we were evolving" we would die in our thirty year old with perfect teeth

WE DIDNT LIVE TO 30 BACK THEN FFFSSS

>teeth used to be able to last 30 years, now need to last 90
That's bullshit. If you cancel out deaths by unnatural causes and deaths shortly after birth than the difference is not that big. Also we still don't live to 90, only few do. And our teeth are often fucked way earlier.

>Also, processed food and a lack of proper nutrition when developing leads to weak arches, which is a major reason they're jammed together and crooked. Plus processed sugar destroys them.
That is the true reason. Our food is shit. Way too much sugar, processed and soft shit that doesn't require chewing. Our jaws don't develop correctly and that's why it's such a big problem for us.

Yes the main reason for the life expectancy to increase is because we have much less infant deaths.

But it still doesn't matter that much, since you only need to survive up to 30 to reproduce (and for your offspring to survive I guess), so that's the amount of time you body needs to remain at least partially functional.

It is only delusional to believe that our ancestors had healthier teeth than we have.

>But it still doesn't matter that much, since you only need to survive up to 30 to reproduce
Men can reproduce for a far longer time.

>It is only delusional to believe that our ancestors had healthier teeth than we have.
We actually know that for a fact.

>Men can reproduce for a far longer time.
You are missing the point

>We actually know that for a fact.
Source?

>You are missing the point
Not an argument

>Source?
seeker.com/our-ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-1767213743.html

It's all the starch in our diets.

Look at CRO magnon skulls or better yet contemporary hunter gatherers in papau New Guinea their teeth are fine

>Not an argument
It is an argument though, the point is that you need to live up to 30 for your offspring to survive, so natural selection doesn't play a part in that.

>seeker.com/our-ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-1767213743.html
Why are you comparing us with prehistoric men? How long do you think we have been processing food?
The only mention of modern diet is this
>The researchers found that the composition of bacteria changed with the introduction of farming and again 150 years ago, during the Industrial Revolution.
which seems like a very rough estimate for our bad teeth.

>or better yet contemporary hunter gatherers in papau New Guinea their teeth are fine
The ones who have a diet of 90% sweet potato?

Sugar less chew/bubble gum somewhat healthy for the jaw/teeth or not?

>It is an argument though, the point is that you need to live up to 30 for your offspring to survive, so natural selection doesn't play a part in that.
Your concept of evolution is naive. Humans live in families and larger groups. If people in this group live longer, than it makes the group stronger.

>Why are you comparing us with prehistoric men? How long do you think we have been processing food?
I don't really understand the question. You claimed it would be ridiculous to think our ancestors had healthier teeth than us. There is evidence that this is indeed the case however. You can find more about it, just google it. I won't spoonfeed you.

What would happen if I switch to just sweet potato and protein shakes?

>Your concept of evolution is naive. Humans live in families and larger groups. If people in this group live longer, than it makes the group stronger.
Which is not a matter of life or death. Of course I am aware it can make a difference, but it certainly isn't something to make such a difference that all men will have teeth that can survive up to 60-70, otherwise they will all die.

>I don't really understand the question.
You said processed food damages teeth, otherwise we would all have teeth that can survive for 60-70 years. I said this is not the case, and it would be delusional to think that our ancestors before processed food had better teeth than we do. And you come up with a source that claims prehistoric men had better teeth. Are you following the conversation at all?

>Which is not a matter of life or death
It is.

I don't care enough about the rest, I don't really understand your point.

>It is.
[no citations]

Yeah you don't understand many things as it seems
You have come up with nothing but meaningless assumptions since the beginning

Fuck off back to /reddit/ where you can sound informed with your pseudo intellectual bullshit

>evolve
>believing dentists
BTFO Millenial

You want citations for common fucking sense?

kek how much more retarded can you be
Holy fucking shit

Kill yourself ASAP

Calm your tits m9

You'd die from rabbit starvation.

>I make unfounded claims based on nothing but shit I pull out of my ass as I go
>hurr it's common sense
fuck off

Rabbit starvation =/= essential fatty acid deficiency

Source?

journals.humankinetics.com/doi/pdf/10.1123/ijsnem.16.2.129

>The dangers of excessive protein intake should not be underestimated and have been recognized historically through the excess consumption of lean wild meat by early American explorers leading to a condition referred to as “rabbit starvation syndrome,” in which symptoms included nausea and diarrhea followed by death within 2 to 3 wk (29)