I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of negative numbers. What a crock of shit...

I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of negative numbers. What a crock of shit. If your equation can only be solved by inventing numbers that can't exist, like some kind of math deity , then you are fucking wrong and the math is flawed. Same for algebra solutions that basically say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is". Thats what the math said transcribed to words but god forbid if i wrote in down in english instead of the ancient math runes the teacher word mark me wrong.

Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

>I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of negative numbers.
This is bait right?

>can't exist
Celsius/F
Altitude
Betting odds

not him, but I have to agree. There is nothing in the real world that indicates this exist only concepts of this artifact

>Celsius/F
Completely arbitrary; Kelvin, for instance, starts at 0
>Altitude
Completely arbitrary
>Betting odds
What? It's impossible (by definition) for there to be a negative chance of something

Admit it, negative numbers are a made up construct to hide the flaws math

I stopped caring about physics when I was introduced to the concept of dark matter. What a crock of shit. If the universe can only be understood by inventing intangible bullshit that can't exist, like some kind of physics deity, then you are fucking wrong and the physics is flawed. Same for quantum bullshit that basically say "the cat is both alive and dead". That's what the physics said transcribed to words but god forbid if i you suggest there's some underlying factor we don't know about instead of assuming the world is like fucking dice and the teacher word mark me wrong.

Physics is logical and never lies my ass. Physics is just as flawed as any other human construct.

Downwards velocity

>Downward velocity
Have you heard if polar coordinates? Negative numbers are unnecessary trash made up by incompetent scientists

Negative numbers are a shorthand
>If your velocity north is negative then your velocity south is positive
>If your positive charge is negative your negative charge is positive
>Etc.
The number is still there its just marked to denote an opposite unit

It took like 2000 years to accept the fact that negative numbers were a thing. No one doesn't admit it's a crock of shit. The deal is that once we got through it, things seemed to keep clicking, so therefore the crock of shit must be our mental abilities to perceive what is obviously a reality.

Although, if wilderberger keeps it up....

If they're just shorthand then why are they touted as a completely different set of numbers?? You don't even understand the "math" you're trying to explain

Seems you forgot a tiny detail in your rigorous proof of an entirely positive rational number set Professor

what

>concepts of this artifact

case in point thank you

Alright bro let me break it down for you in a few words. Just because the name is "imaginary" doesn't mean it's actually imaginary, it also has another name which is called "complex numbers. When you take the square root of 1, you get the same number which is 1. But when you substitute that negative in, then you'll have an influence on the value 1, when you compute it into a calculator you'll have an error. That's because negative numbers aren't natural numbers. So we have to give it a variable which is imaginary "i ". So we can indicate that there was a function that had taken place within the radical. Imaginary numbers have an influence on graphs when programmed into a computer which can give you an even more deeper intuition on how imaginary numbers influence our lives in the real world. Imaginary numbers are a huge contribution to engineers and if you don't believe me you can google that. Not going to lie when I was tempted to "wow, bait. Fuck off dumbass." But today I'm being nice and I've had a good day, so I'm just going to help you out in your ignorance.

What makes you think maths has to be real?

Math is a set of axioms creating a different universe where it's own rules apply
It is consistent in itself, and it is real in it's own sense

The thing with most maths is that it applies to the real world, because it was derived from it.

I know this is bait, but whatever.

debt, negative pressure

Negative numbers exist because of Infinitesimal Calculus, and is the reason you can get on an airplane. You will have to prove Calculus is incorrect and come up with new proofs to allow for air flight, missiles, complex analysis, statistics ect.

I await your breakthrough paper published in Princeton's Annals of Mathematics for peer review

A negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive. This I do not understand.

>thread is about "negatives" and how it's flawed
>starts arguing about something that assumes that negatives aren't bullshit which they are

have a good day, sir/maam.

Is this some weak bait or is OP really that ignorant?

negative displacement

please, write analysis you are making me cringe by calling it "infinetesimal calculus".

>implying you need mathematical proof to allow airflights and missiles to be calculated

I will publish somewhere else less memerish

If you have $1000 in assets but $2000 in liabilities, what is your net worth? Its not undefined, its $-1000 you mongoloid.

>it's not defined
>here's the definition
you guys don't even think before you write
not only that, you act like things like "net worth" and "velocity" or "pressure" aren't completely arbitrarily determined measurements, as if they HAVE to exist or something is wrong

>completely different set of numbers

but they're not, both in the reals. Good bait tho

it's not UNdefined you cum gargling waste of flesh

>"velocity" or "pressure" aren't completely arbitrarily determined measurements
negative and positive pressure are towo entirey different things. I agree it's arbitrary with temperature where you can make a scale that starts with 0 but that's not true for everything. negative pressure makes things implode, positive pressure makes things explode, there you can't just shift the scale and act like it's the same thing

>doesn't know the reals are built upon the rationals which are built upon the integers
modern Veeky Forums, everyone

>shit bait thrd
>guaranteed replies
sci never fails
y'all niggas think you are smart """"""disproving"""""" some obvious b8
S A G E

You physically have 0 dollars. You owe me 2 dollars because you're a homosexual. How much money do you physically have? Answer: $-2 dollars because if you ever come upon 2 dollars I'm gonna take it from you and you'll still have 0 physical dollars you cheeky cunt.

In pure mathematics its not a shorthand for anything but in every application of negative numbers it would be permissible to treat it as a unit conversion
It is of course more convenient to actually use negative numbers in such cases as it makes the math easier but that is irrelevant

you don't shift the scale moron, you divide. you have two measurements, "exploding pressure" and "imploding pressure" and you can compare the two without ever having to touch the mythical "negative" numbers
it's literally true for everything

>how much money do you physically have
i have 0$ and i owe you 2$; see, no negatives needed.

Calculus was proved long before they started using it for anything.

You will have to rewrite all of Calculus with your theory of no negative numbers because "crock of shit" n stuff

calculus had a shaky at best foundation

>Calculus was proved long before they started using it for anything.
shit man, stop

You know that it's b8 when a guy says he stopped caring about math when he was introduced to an elementary level concept

topkek

Negative numbers were invented by the Chinese to calculate debt.

Not one person realize this is parody of the imaginary numbers dont exist argument?

>>Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

No argument here, your reason why is flawed though, but they, you answered that yourself :D

ITT: everybody getting BTFO by OP's short, yet highly precise and articulate arguments.

I used this argument with the bank, but they still claim I have 'debt'. What a crock of shit

>banks are infallible
>it's impossible to develop any notion of debt without articial "negative" numbers
no thought went into this post

>Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

Correct, when will STEMtards realise this?

STEM autists utterly BTFO

Veeky Forums is very literal. It's a common problem with STEM communities - they are unable to comprehend the idea that a question might not be sincere, that the reason a person might make a false statement isn't because they sincerely believe it based upon an honest but flawed evaluation of evidence known to them.

These are high quality posts and I did not report this thread

I realized this problem when I was 16 in Physics class when we were studying (I think, I know very little physics) the way electrons get to a specific energy level and shoot off metals.

There was a specific point at which the electron left the metal and essentially, it was at "0" but in order for you to calculate it, you had to set the energy level to a negative number and count upwards from the negative to the point of 0 where the electron would leave but according to my Physics teacher, this isn't actually a good thing to do because according to him "energy can't be negative".

I racked my brain about it for two weeks, I spent hours at home trying to devise a system where the negative wasn't needed and tried to instead implement a concept of "To Be Added To" instead of negative.

Man, thanks for reminding me, I went full autistic those two weeks.

This is a stupid post.

Unless you also got accepted to the best university in the world, don't respond, brainlet.

Everyone is this thread is retarded and below me, but especially you.

Your life seems to be very sad.

You can do something about that

That's just positive velocity in the downwards direction.

>"energy can't be negative".
But it can

don't worry user. once you actually go to uni and take your four years of math, you'll realize just how right the OP is.

I don't approve of this thread.

Now stop replying you sub-top-10 shitters

Wow, you looked really smart there when you came up with that argument and nullified his thesis with pure logic.

Maybe you're just a brainlet incapable of abstract thought.

Assmad state school cuck.

I don't need any of that, where I'm going.

All these faggots too new to know the pasta

The world will keep on spinning. With or without your approval.

You should learn how to behave yourself, or your life will become even more miserable.

It's not too late for you to change.

The worst part is they'll justify it by saying
>oh I'm not a faggot who comes here often
Or some derivative of that. Fucking idiots.

Call me whatever you want if that makes you feel good.

You will realize where you're heading to when it's too late.

Not in that sense, because it was about it not existing. I'll try to find it.

You're thinking of it in terms of mathematics.

I was playing along, moron

No, the worst part is that people like you feel like their super secret internet club is something to be proud of because they wasted more time than others in this shithole

Oh boy, I thought I was the only one getting the joke.

I love it OP.

This occurs way to often here, Veeky Forums really should adopt the "lurk more" mentality.

You should stop caring about math when you get to analysis and instead get a job instead of doing brain games living off the dole.

Looks like I'mma be your new roommate, bro.

people love to get sci stirred up and bothered