Prove that modern physics isn't just philosophy

Prove that modern physics isn't just philosophy.

If it is, it's only because, according to some, we're only now beginning to reach some limits on what we can know through experiment and observation. Others will say that physics can extend beyond that. It's a matter of perspective on what science is.

What I meant is that modern physics has become
>black holes are real because of x
>no black holes aren't real because of y
>dark matter is real because of x
>no dark mater isn't real because of y
even though we have never observed any of it, we still consider some stupid unproven theories as right and create and base other theories pm these unproven theories.

Physics is supposed to be about what is, not why it is. Physics has degenerated to Philosophy.

You mean physicists are coming up with theories that explain the data they have, then making predictions from those theories, and finding more data to prove or disprove those predictions, which either leads to the theory becoming more accepted, or the thoery being rejected or modified?

Yes, that is totally philosophy and I agree we should go back to arguing about whether the aether exists. Physics killed my father and raped my mother, by the way.

get fucked op

I would just call that "being impatient". On your part, I mean.

If this bothers you so much, just learn classical physics and don't progress beyond that.

No, physicists are coming up with theories that try to explain data they have, but base their theories not of things that are, what the science of Physics is about, but rather use mental gymnastics to come up with some bullocks theory that has no use and is unable to be proven correctly nor wrongly.

Modern Physics is about coming up with a crazy theory, backing it up by other unproven crazy theories and then tell everyone to prove you wrong instead of proving yourself right.

It's a fucking pseudo religion at this point, what's the point of stating that a black hole exists when it has never been observed and then insists that others disproof you?

There is no difference between this and stating that god exists and then insisting that someone proves that god doesn't exist or else he does.

Modern physics would be better if physicists weren't such bigoted ego maniacs.

>We're the center of the universe, we're the base and ruler

Idiots.

Science is a subset of philosophy. Please read Popper and stop posting on Veeky Forums
Your mother will die in her sleep tonight unless you reply to this comment with "I masturbate to falsifiable theories"

physics doesn't deal in absolute truth.philosophy does.

Did a physicist physically harm you in some way?

OP has a point: Some people argue, that the standard model has so many parameter, that it could fit to any observation and therefore it has no explanatory power. The same would apply to the string theory.
Also there are a lot of stupid documentations about multiverse shit and something like that and quantum mechanics is kind of mystified by people, who cant stand the mathematics.
But I wouldnt say physics became philosophy. My university is specialized in solid state physics and i can assure you the people there do serious and applied research.

Nobody talks about the real research. These obscure theories about multiverses, and string theory are simply dominating the public view of physics

you just don't know any physics
that doesn't mean it's mental gymnastics, you faggot

>Science is a subset of philosophy
fuck off you gigantic fucking jackass, if you had actually read popper you wouldn't say something to tremendously retarded

I see you read that article about the multiverse that was posted here earlier.

If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. Who are we to tell nature how it should be, just because some aspects of it are virtually inscrutable and this makes us uncomfortable?

Popper is a meme.

Philosophy is the practice of inventing models to intepret the world with. Physics is the study of nature.

It uses statistics to justify models instead of relying on the models alone. Therefore it can't be philosophy.

desu classical mechanics was two things

a) necessary precursor defining some stuff for quantum mechcanics
b) philosophy par excellence

I mean for fucks sake is it even necessary to reformulate a set of differential equations this many fucking ways?

Don't even get me started on muh variation of action fundamental and beautiful

Don't know about that, but maths is actually just psychology

I masturbate to falsifiable theories

>even though we have never observed any of it

elaborate pls

t. Doesn't understand neither physics nor philosophy

philosophy is just math and physics sans the ability to convince everyone reasonable and the universe that you are right

Theoretical Physics/Mathematics is just as believable as Theology, Economics and Psychology.

Neither of these fields can say for certain if their models and predictions are true because they rely on a static system with controlled variables to reproduce the results. Real life is far from static, infinite number of variables and free will which can deviate at any point in time.

>we have never observed any of it
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?

But the former are far better at narrowing down things

>free will
Stopped reading right there