Holy shit Veeky Forums, you've just been teleported back to 15th century central Europe

Holy shit Veeky Forums, you've just been teleported back to 15th century central Europe.

What do you do to advance science and mathematics ahead of schedule, and how?

Let's assume you speak the language, and there are no time paradoxes involved.

I would probably kill everybody upon arrival with my highly evolved flu strains I'd be carrying around

Warn the Pope of communism and the protestant revolt.
Teach them symbolic algebra, limits, and proofs.
Out Aristotle as the fool he is.
Build a telescope for them.

If we're advancing sciences and maths ahead of schedule, we're creating time paradoxes.

Try and introduce proper sanitation into medical procedures, just making people wash their hands and clean their tools before cracking people's skulls open made a huge difference in real life.

That, basic algebra, and how to calculate longitude would cement my place in history as a genius, assuming I actually got the chance to do all those things.

actually it's much more likely that you'd be the one dying horribly from all the bacteria that existed back when people didn't give a fuck about living ankle deep in feces and their immune systems were actually strong

>Try and introduce proper sanitation into medical procedures, just making people wash their hands and clean their tools before cracking people's skulls open made a huge difference in real life.
>lets get overpopulation started early!
for what purpose

Teach them proper sanitation, do some cool stuff so that I gain credit. Remove religion build telescopes and such.

Without religion and the stupidity that follows behind it we can focus on science and prosper

>one guy single handedly removing one of the most powerful institutions in history

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here. Please refrain from using this site until such time.

Confirmed for millennial brainlet

>le astronomy and telescopes
You're some random guy, you don't have access to glassmakers or metalworkers and unless you're that australian youtube guy I don't think you're up to making optical lenses and brass tubes from scratch
>le maths
Only viable if you can actually get in to see some learned scholars, convince them to give you some of their time, and teach them how it works and they see that you are correct.
>remove religion
hahahahahahaha
>sanitation standards
Historically most physicians and high class people were just insulted by the idea that they should wash because it implied that they were dirty to begin with, you'd either end up kicked out of wherever you suggested it or burned at the stake or something if you offended a noble.

well he never said it had to be realistic.

Party pooper

I invent the pyramid scheme.

I use the wealth I garner to leave time capsules in several churches to be opened at specific dates, containing several "predictions", some hyper-advanced memes, and stating that they are all divined by god himself. I also Would use my not very impressive calc knowledge to try and push a few math guys in the right direction. I know I'm not a pro, but even some of the things that we take for granted would be a game changer for them.

Then once I'm found out for the pyramid scheming fraud I am, I get crucified to a raft, smeared with honey, and pushed out into the middle of a pond.
Every day they would force feed me, as the insects slowly eat away at my flesh, until eventually maybe 2-4 weeks later I finally die from blood poisoning or necrosis or something like that.

Also, if I have the chance, I would pay several blacksmiths to forge the most absurd looking pieces of armor and weapons I could think of at the time, and hide a lot of them in bogs and such, to fuck with all the medieval re-enactment groups that will end up wearing dildohelms just to be genuine.

Basic maths and natural sciences (Newtonian physics) and electricity.

Try to establish the scientific method.

Only intelligent response in this thread. Advancing science just means stupid people will be more destructive.

Make my way home to England and introduce the germ theory of disease, calculus and the scientific method.

I write a book in the style of Principia Mathematica split into various volumes on:
- Algebra and Pre-Calculus
- Calculus
- Differential Equations
- The scientific method
- Classical physics
- General chemistry
- General biology

I then spend the rest of my life handing out copies of the book to monasteries and printing presses all around Europe, and trying to teach as much as I can.

Hopefully I'll remain alive long enough to be influential in some courts of Europe.

This sort of makes sense
We all assume that scientific advances will only bring prosperity, but without the corresponding cultural advancing it doesn't have to be that way

>gets burdened at stake

>What do you do to advance science and mathematics ahead of schedule, and how?
I ask them if they know what a magnet is.

If they don't, I'll be fucked. If they do, I can show them electricity. I'd probably start with transmitting water power to a mill over a decent range or giving them some kind of electric pump.

build microscopes and teach people germ theory
build some steam engines
maybe try to get some electricity going

I'll only give my technology to the French in the hopes that they obliterate the German people off the face of the earth

Id tech how to teach!
better teachers means better learner. Better learners means a better society. A society NOT clogged up with peoples stupid insecurities and lack of common sense.

Too much to choose from,

These things here would change pretty much everything and I'd be working directly with the Holy Roman Empire,

>Slide rule
>Telescope
>Microscope
>Ammonia-soda process
>Haber–Bosch process (a bit difficult, requires pressure vessels and shit, but highly important)
>Mercury Thermometer
>Germ Theory
>Penicillin
>Small Pox Vaccine
>Cast-iron plow

Then this stuff which would further kick off tons of inventions:

>Cotton gin
>Spinning jenny
>Loom with flying shuttle
>Absorption refrigerator
>Threshing machine
>Bicycle
>Screw-cutting lathe
>Beehive coke oven
>Coke-fired blast furnace
>Basic oxygen steelmaking
>Portland cement
>Float glass
>Die-cut barbed wire
>Self-governing windmill

Expanding the world:

>Steam turbine
>Steam engine
>Steam boat (Imagine these showing up in the Americas AFTER germ theory, antibiotics, and vaccines; no more Native American germ genocide, no more USA as we know it)
>Ironsided ship
>Cylindrical map projection

>Friction match
>Nitoglycerin
>Smokeless powder
>Rifling
>Copper percussion cap
>Metal ammo cartridge
>Shrapnel-based weapons

May need to save this for the last after you've built up damn good rep with the H.R.E.:

>Lead acid battery
>PM generator & motor
>Leyden jar
>Telegraph & Morse code
>Inverse-square law
>Laplace transform
>Diode & triode
>Crystal oscillator
>Radio
>LED
>LASER
>Electric car

Also pursue,

Kill Martin Luther (Born: November 10, 1483 in Eisleben, Saxony to Hans Luder & Margarethe née Lindemann) before the Reformation (1517), this should prevent the Church of England from being created later in the 16th century. The Holy Roman Empire wouldn't lose control of them. Dozens of religious factions wouldn't be created.

You do know all of this already happened?
Leonardo da Vinci was one of our most famous time travellers, and had a lot of Veeky Forums in his baggage.
Too bad people only thought he was a weirdo back in the day, but at least he gave them a couple of good ideas and stuff.