Dunno where else to post this

Dunno where else to post this

What is the scientific definition of humor? What makes something funny and what purpose does laughing serve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2VrDHb1H7s
youtube.com/watch?v=ddV6jyDeCKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>>/google/

Goddammit this post is autistic.

This.

she looks really cute, is that my heart?

Humor is an issue for psychology and psychology isn't really scientific.

hey gais how do i scinece humer?
what is scnrteric defineshun o humer? wat perpos is laughet?

>in the lab
>wearing make up and nail polish

This is why women are not taken seriously in STEM. Imagine if you saw a man getting his gel and doing his hair all nice just to go to the lab afterwards. It sounds retarded just to say it.

Why? Its a good and valid unsolved question?

Psychology is just part of biology. It still studies the structure of reality as physics or biology

If you want to be a faggot about it, everything can be considered part of science.

No but what im saying is correct. It studies brain and behaviour things that are studied in biology i.e. neuroscience, ethology. It tries to strive to scientific methods but is just a complex thing to study. Its methods are as loose as parts of biology too. Your answer just shows your naivety and lack of understanding of the nuances of what science is or even what an academic discipline is.

It should be part of biology, but it isn't

Im not saying it should be part of or labelled biology but the subject matter makes calling psychology a non-science or not worthy of being on Veeky Forums are arbitrary when u look at biology. Infact several areas of biology can be argued as not science methodologically if you say psych isnt. But that doesnt mean the subject matter isnt the topic of science or sci. Im surprised people would knock off humour when it is highly ethologically relevant yet poorly understood.

I am talking about the current state of psychology, not about what psychology should be.

Yes, psychology should be studied in a scientific context, but it currently isn't so there is no point in asking a science board about a psychology issue. Do you want us to reinvent psychology in a scientific context over the course of this thread?

It is studied scientifically, its just hard to control. Same with parts of biology and generally parts of science we poorly understand. The way you talk is as if we shouldnt talk about poorly understood parts of science here...

>autism
who gives a fuck?
some people like to look good instead of like basement dwellers.

You tell em gurl

>not using products means you look like a basement dweller

Are you legit retarded? It is called showering and basic hygiene.

You shower and then you comb your hair. That's all you need to look presentable.

Using PRODUCTS (which implies being the slave of an industry) is actually pretty retarded if you are not going to a party or ceremony of some kind. It is very, very retarded to use products to go to class.

If you want a badly informed discussion, then sure we can discuss it here. I am just saying you would be better off discussing it on the humanities board where all the psychologists will hang around, because it is generally considered a humanity.

Here is my badly informed opinion then:
Laughter is a coping mechanism designed to relief stress in group or tribe settings. It usually involves looking at serious or outright negative subjects from an unexpected or unusual perspective.

Lol Veeky Forums is drowning in badly informed discussion and no, actually most psychology threads end up here

its a type of emotional/amygdala hijack

i think it deals with processing contradicting or non-matching concepts

also probably serves some social purpose for bonding or some sheeit

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are filled with literal fucking mongloids. It's sad but you're better off discussing humanities on Veeky Forums.

Hahaha

Did I hurt your feelings?

You dont know what haha means?

That's what OP wanted to discuss

That's funny

Haha goddamn it.

No one has said the prevailing theory that I've been following yet so here goes.

Laughter and humor is the way the body gets rid of unneeded emotions.
Say you see someone fall down the stairs; your flight or fight response kicks in, you rush to help them, only to see they're unhurt, just shaken. The laughter helps you get back to homeostasis.
This is why slapstick is so funny. Because they aren't really hurt. And you know it.

I can't seem to find the video that sold me on it.

>Using PRODUCTS (which implies being the slave of an industry)

Man I was going to agree with you about premed/nursing gurlzz until this part. This sounds very autistic and you should probably refrain from saying stuff like this if you want to be taken seriously.

It momentarily distracts us from the crushing depression brought on by experiencing reality.

Audible joy.

Truefag here

good one romeo

Is it bad if I really want to eat that heart? Just thinking of slicing it up and frying it with some onions is getting my mouth watering.

Pure math major?

Currently there is no solid theory on fun but the closest you would get is the science of humor. According to this Vsauce video funny things result from the process of learning something.

youtube.com/watch?v=I2VrDHb1H7s

youtube.com/watch?v=ddV6jyDeCKA

Gud wan Umberto

Who is she? Please tell me Veeky Forums this is very important.

I agree with user the heart adds to the charm, also seems to always make me hungry