Redpill me on study habits

Redpill me on study habits.

How do you focus on your daily studying/learning routines? Do you take drugs? Caffeine? Nicotine? Or just play some music in a silent room?

I personally smoke cigarettes, but looking for a better alternative as it's too expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PSeJckOUZrs
soundcloud.com/wildambience
latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-cheese-addictive-drugs-20151022-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Play some calm music and study. Studying is really relaxing for me if I'm not cramming for a test.

But it's really intensive when studying technical stuff, how is it relaxing?

Pop 30mg of Ritalin, crack open a fresh pack of cigs, toss on some upbeat rock music (think Andrew W.K.)

Computer Engineering/Math double major here, 4.0 GPA (so far)

That's too many stimulants for me. I'd like to preserve my brain to be used after college ends.

Bumping, SHARE YOUR ROUTINES YOU LOSERS.

>sit down
>learn
>stand up

>Nobody actually does this though

Holy fuck at UT Austin I'm like the only stem nerd I know who smokes

U guys too

Is your plan to smoke forever or just continue till you're done with college? Do you think it helps you study?

I don't smoke when I study.
Cut back to only at parties. It sounds like it'd be a nice break, though. And it is a stimulant and apparently a nootropic. Vaping sounds healthier if you're thinking of trying this

But vaping looks so fucking degenerate. Is there any vapes out there that look even slightly manly? Also, does vaping proving the "nootropic" benefits as well? And is it actually healthy or just a meme?

>Ritalin
Doesn't help when you have Bipolar disorder. Oh and
>cigarettes
Enjoy your cancer and withdrawal.

Um I know this sounds kind of weird, but cheese.

When i study i consume a rather large amount of cured cheese. Some of my friends say its rather unhealthy and I do admit I get weird looks at the library too.

It doest matter the brand, gouda or cheddar, cubed or sliced, I eat it all. Every nibble gets a scribble in the notebook. Sometimes I love spacing out sections for notes for each slice of Tilamook.

Started off as a game and now cheese is literally my study life. Problems started happening during exams because I couldnt bring the cheese I was used to studying with. But i dont think its a bad thing really.

Its really effectiv i suggest u try it too? I can guide you if you're into cheese.

user what the fuck...?

>>honestly not sure if he is serious or if this is some pasta

I'm interested. Please elaborate which cheese's to buy and how it will help me mentally.

>Every nibble gets a scribble
Kek

my favorite bit too

include me in the screencap

This sounds like an odd but potentially effective reward system for a cheese enjoying individual.

Guide me, wise cheesy master

Purchased the Vuse vape. Let's see how this goes.

I go to sleep around 4pm after my last lecture and wake up at 12-1am and study/work until lectures at 8am. It's nice because my house is quite and distraction free around that time.

Also lots of caffeine, and some cigarettes but I've been cutting back on smoking

>Redpill me
gtfo /pol/esmoker fgt pls

Stop existing NEET.

You forgot to add
>*breathe in*
>boi

>music
never lol
>drugs
Took modafinils one. Helped me to type up an essay like magic but the crash was horrible
>cigarettes
I don't but I guess it helps with the stress

what the fuck

>Be 15 years from now
>you are watching tv
>Headline: genius scientist discovers source of cheap energy
>See a picture of him walking onto a podium to receive the nobel prize
>What is that circular thing he is carrying
>its a wheel of chesse
>starts cutting the chesse and eating while he gives his acceptance speech
>you suddenly remember this thread

Good post, lad

if it wasnt then it is now

>Caffeine
Yes, I don't sleep much and when I have to learn something there is nothing like a good coffee.
>Nicotine
I used to smoke and I do not recommend it when you are about to study unless you smoke a lot. It made me usually drowsy and result was not paying too much attention
>music
Only when I am studying on a computer from some presentation or I am writing something. I am just used to having my headphones on while using a computer, when I'm studying from a book I don't like it.

this has to be remembered

here u go

That is some al dente pasta right there, 10/10

>What is Ritalin?
>Ritalin (methylphenidate) is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and >nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
>
>Ritalin is used to treat attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), >and narcolepsy.
>
>Ritalin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Man, I will either hit new PRs in the gym on die trying on this shit. Im hyperactive enough as I am.

Is it possible to get Ritalin without paying $300 for an ADHD test?

throw this on and work through your favorite textbook

or try earplugs. i prefer earplugs to music

youtube.com/watch?v=PSeJckOUZrs

hey guys im back, not sure how i can proof its me but i did not expect this to blow up.

everyone has their own way, for some it could be pickle.

just because its different does not mean it is pasta

well if you are on the go, say, you need a little baybel to keep you stable. (they sell the waxes cheese rounds).

However if you are in one spot, you can get blocks, slices, or bites.

I find the bites are good for parties, not studying, but then my friend get upset when i bring cheese instead of snacks, to which I respond "wine and cheese?" and still get odd faces, but i digress...

It really helps mentally when you are trying to memorize stuff because it forms this sort of goopy amalgum in your mouth thats just sublime.

Oh and dont get dried parm or parm packets from pizza places thats not real cheese.

It is! Sometimes when im writing pieces in uni, I'll keep a block next to me.

Every paragraph means I get another wedge, and i space them out to enjoy the block AND write well.

I do admit it might be a hard system to get used to if you dont like cheese, but I find that hard to understand.

One seconds, I have saved this cheese tasting pdf in my bookmark tabs I will post it here.

You also have to consider prices, and having the appropriate cheese. Say for example:

You would not have american pseudo cheese for major projects.

Eat high grade cheese for tough assignments and save slices / bites for studying.

:~(

haha i do admit I laughed a little bit much at this post i am in a field where this could some day come true..

if i was to take a wheel up it would be some fine american sharp, aged well.

thanks to all those who were interested, i can keep you posted if you would like to learn

I don't fucking know mate. I'm from Veeky Forums. I'm just here to shitpiost and screencap as I already did.

There's no fuckin way this is real...

>>goopy amalgum in your mouth

>>you need a little baybel to keep you stable.

dear god he did it again

What is Baybel? That isn't real cheese right?

no it's real alright. Pretty sure he's referencing this:

I want to be a part of this thread. Hi mom!

checkem

saw the thread link in /b/.

was not disappointed.

TIL Veeky Forums has a Cheese Lord

dead god what is wrong with you

>>dead
>>dear*

learn to spell you degenerate

Am I the only one who really wants to eat cheese now? Haven't had it in a while and this post actually got me thinking.

>10 years later
>"Why am I addicted to meth/heroin I only took ritalin."

>Redpill me

you will never be successful

This is what a good post looks like.

>go to silent study
>fucking concentrate

I take ritalin for adhd, you'd have to be fucking retarded to get hooked on ritalin..

i studied for my trig semester test for three days and i got a 60 while my friend got an 93 and he barely touched the study guide

how do i get over this loss of confidence?

>That's not how it works
>Other shit keeps running in the head
>Can't even read without reading the same sentence 5 times

Who are you quoting?

Dude your friend is eating cheese on the low...

>>>>Other shit keeps running in the head
>bully myself untill I do what I have to
>yes it leads to physical violence seometimes

>No one
>Telling a greentext reality

You must be new here.

Yeah ritalin sucks like that.

Adderall is where it's at. I'd like to think there is a reason why they banned in Britain; it does its job too well.

>Other shit keeps running in the head

By "shit" I'm assuming you mean people or derivatives of people. You should isolate yourself entirely from it all, that's what my ex did; she didn't off herself yet, so it must be going pretty well for her up in rural Maine with her dogs.

>she didn't off herself yet, so it must be going pretty well

Then read every sentence 6 times
>that's what "fucking concentrate" means

Mate, I'm more isolated than anyone I know. It's by design. I don't think about people. I don't give a fuck about people. I usually am thinking about pointless games, politics, personal growth etc., it never translates to RL actualization though.

Suffer through it and study even harder

>be user
>die of heart disease by 30

Lyrics distract me a lot.
Could it be my late stage autism?

What the fuck

>I don't give a fuck about people

I think you're in denial mate. I would advise you to consider investing in some therapy, or better yet take some LSD (or a psychedelic of its likeness). It sounds like you could use a bit of introspection.

If you care so much about yourself and personal growth, it brings one to question why you haven't gotten your shit together yet.

I got a scrip for adderall which is pretty much the same thing without taking any adhd test. I just went to a regular family doctor and told him the symptoms I had. Don't go to a psychiatrist whose job is to literally fuck your wallet

I went to 2 different family doctors and both of them said I have to get tested before they give prescriptions.

What the fuck?

>I got a scrip for adderall which is pretty much the same thing without taking any adhd test.

This thing honestly depends on your doctors discretion, and how paranoid he is of committing malpractice. Idk if things are different with an adult doctor (non-pediatric) as I got a script in high-school, but they sent out questionnaires to teachers/parents/etc. to see if they reported any "red flag" symptoms. This wasn't the case of course. The only reason I was able to get a script is because I asked for a trial period, to see if the medication would improve my aliments. They put me on Concerta for about a month, then I switched to adderall, as it made me overly-irritable.

Hope this helps user

The cheese guy is trolling. He mentioned pickles which is the new banana meme on b, so you should have picked that up if you were smart.

If we can get back to the thread for a few seconds, what do you faggots actually do when you "study"? Every post/article I see about study tips that has more advice on what to do while studying than the actual activity of studying itself makes me more certain that "studying" is a meme where brainlets give themselves busywork in order to give them a false sense of control over their grades.

Last semester for physical chemistry was the only time I did every single reading for the class. Worked out pretty cool since PChem has been my favorite chem course so far. The only problem is that reading takes so long and is an inefficient form of studying. Ended the semester with a fucking C+.

Minimize the number of credits you're taking, efficiency is precious.

Some kind of an association relation to a dumb repetitive action (chewing the same flavour gun, eating cheese, sucking cock) to the actual facts and relations about the given subject.

Idk, this ain't how it works for me.
>efficiency is precious
word to live by

soundcloud.com/wildambience

It's not music, but I've found that this is really nice. It prevents you from getting bored but it doesent consume much brainpower to listen to at all.

>it doesent consume much brainpower
That's because you didn't have any to begin with.

Eh, would still be a bit of a stretch to go through all that effort for a one word giveaway though. I'm really hoping that someone does not study that way. That's pretty disgusting.

According to the Cheese guy he never really specified how he studies when he eats the cheese... he just eats cheese.

We can only assume his study output is directly influenced by his cheese intake.

I'm at a loss of words. This has to be a NEET or some CS major.

Yeah mate, I probably will die from a heart diesease.

Well I did some research and looky what I found.

latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-cheese-addictive-drugs-20151022-story.html

>>TFW you realize Cheese guy is an addict.
>>Studying is an outlet to cope.
>>Should we get help?

I've never been one to point fingers, but that person could actually have serious withdrawal issues if they stop eating cheese.

>Minimize the number of credits you're taking, efficiency is precious.
I felt that way in freshman year but I don't anymore

Exact same plan apart from edm and Frydrek Chopin. Biochemistry major 3.5 thought :(

Well OP did ask for study methods so it would be counterproductive for us to ask that guy to stop eating cheese.

Also, it does not seem that he posted the cheese tasting PDF, which should help with studying.

>find out what you need to know for the exam
>skim through all that material, finding stuff that you don't know shit about
>review that shit, finding out what part specifically you don't get about it
>once you get it, reinforce it by broadening your perspective on it
>After that, skim through everything again with more detail than you did the first time, looking for anything you didn't know prior
>skim through everything one last time prior to taking the exam

If this seems like common sense, that's because it is.

lmao

How so?
Doing physics (1st semester) and I really want to know all the background information I can get and understand what I'm doing instead of looking for patterns and throwing in formulas.
That habit really throws me back though and I constantly have to catch up.

Are you facing difficuities in life ? Is it a difficult illness or barreness and want to cry out for help to be healed but don't know what to do. If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don't understand how healing works, try this powerful lady prof Mama Alphah , because thats the life i was living for the last 3 months, Healing can often be a hard thing to pray for. We find it not easy to accept that one can heal us in an emotional or spiritual sense, yet find it hard to believe that everything is possible, i had lost hope in my future, faced alot of challenges and difficulities in life, i lost my job, my love life was also not good , my husband left me with my kids for another woman saying i was cursed, i had no one to turn too, some times i even failed to put food on the table for my kids, they could lack but i could not even provide, thats the worst thing that has ever happened to me, seeing my kids starve every day. But this lady i saw on the internet helped me and brought back my happeness, i can provide for my family now, i got a new job, a loving husband and we are expecting twins, my dear when everything looks completely hopeless, just remember that every thing is possible and If you find yourself reading this message don't call it a chance but rather fate has guided your steps try to contact her and you will tell me, Call Or WhatsApp on +27631229624 Mamaalphah

Your study habits are largely dependent others' actions.

Freshman year GPA doesn't matter, user.

a couple cups of coffee and 10mg of adderall can lead to a very productive 4-5 hours

aerospace engineering major