Where does a uneducated shit start learning sciences , like physics , chemistry and mathematics...

Where does a uneducated shit start learning sciences , like physics , chemistry and mathematics ? Should i buy text books or maybe online courses (kinda on a low budget )

Thats what 18 years of school is for. You're too old to learn anything new now.

Not him but that's not true at all,I've met some >50 year old farmers who got the high school graduate even if it took them 5 years to get it

Enroll at a community college

Is this book any good for learning the basics of physics? How outdated is the information in it?

Trips nice.

K OP, gonna give you a hand since all the faggotry in this thread is infuriating.

The question really is, how *exactly* uneducated are you? You're posting on the science board of 4pleb, so you have to at least know basic computer skills.

The next question is how intelligent are you? Can you pick shit up quickly?

If the answer to both questions is not very, then off to khan academy(aka brainlet academy) with you. Watch the videos on math and different sciences.

Not very hard. Try some of the math problems on the website.

Now let's say you do well there, and you want to be a big boy. Well, big boy topics aren't found on brainlet academy, so youll have to pick up some books. Because you've only seen videos up until now, I'd recommend going back over what you've learned from BA, but in book form.

Openstax has free, peer reviewed textbooks for basic physics, chemistry, and calculus.

Go fucking read them. Work the problems. Google shit until you figure it out. From there, you will be ahead of at least 45% of this board, so you can hop in the high schooler threads that pop up every day asking about what books to buy and how to get from one subject to another.

The biggest question is why you want to? If all you want to be is educated, then great, you're probably not a brainlet, just had some bad luck. If you want a 300k starting, then please kindly fuck off and don't show face here again please.

(But for real if you are trying to go back to school to get a better job I commend you, and you should probably leave here until you're done, cuz the extremism here can be defeating if you take it at face value)

Read a physics textbook. You'll fly through it twice as fast if you know at least basic calculus, though.

You're going to need to read books. Go to a library or pirate them.

Thanks, it helps user. Anyway i don't want a better job i just dont want to die as a uneducated failure in life. Again thanks for the advice

MIT OCW is a good start. The introductory courses will be demanding, but if you self-educate you'll have an excellent foundation for further instruction and a stronger grip of the material than 90% of society easily.

hm

are there medium and hard versions for these

if your attention span fucks you over reading books the whole time, you can also check out khan academy for basic stuff

After looking over the books, then yes there are. Most of those books are just introductions to the subjects. However, you'd probably know more than most undergrads after reading them all though.

For starters, you don't need to use spaces before punctuation user. Second, Khan Academy is good for getting a general education in math and science if you just want to start by watching videos.

Download textbooks on the internet. Start by fundamental math and then go to calculus (download Spivak's book). When you finish calculus you can start learning fundamental physics or chemistry. Same thing, download the books and do all the exercises. Then you choose wich subject you like the most and keep studying it along with math (never stop studying math). After calculus, go for something like real analysis, or abstract algebra (there is an AWESOME book on introductory abstract algebra called "advanced calculus" and is published by Harvard, it teaches both abstract algebra and mutidimentional calculus). When you get to this point you will have enough maturity to know what to do.

is this guide a meme? chem major reflecting on how shitty my scientific education has been overall and want a solid math and physics backing

I would also suggest getting into pop sci books, go to the second hand book store and see what is available. Most of these are written as an introduction and explain a lot of concepts.

>Google shit until you figure it out.
Enough of this can get you in the 10% group of people with highest knowlege in a give subject.

>to smart to google

Piggybacking on this thread but what if I wanted to learn about environmental stuff like biology, meteorology, environmental science, etc?

I don't believe that
When it comes to environmental science I haven't found anything really good online, you should get textbooks and take courses

>I don't believe that
Never gonna make it

Man, words are clueless to express my gratitude

I wonder who the hell kept making these lists.

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore
And a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence impoverished,
In squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?
The ten-dollar founding father without a father
Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

That is how

i don't know, user but he's great ^^

Oh hey, I'm on Uni Physics with Young and Freedman right now. Really like it.

>the new jerusalem bible

>not doing the Greek geometry entry into mathematics
It goes
Euclid's Elements
Archimedes' works
Apollonius' On Conics
Nicomachus' Introduction to Arithmetic

ANCIENT
NCIENT
CIENT
IENT
ENT
NT
T

Use twitter desu. Follow some scientists, then the scientists they follow etc. When your network is big enough you'll get good, current material at all levels.

The environment is dead, move on.

Campbell Biology is honestly a really good textbook

Yes. It's not.