Memedrive

I haven't been to the board for a while.
Did it turn out to have thrust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4
arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120
centauri-dreams.org/?p=36830
youtube.com/watch?v=hqoo_4wSkdg
centauri-dreams.org/?p=36890
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuggin hda moar trust tahn ur mum :^) suk mi benis

Shameful self bump for sciheads

*sigh*
back to talkorigins I guess.
bye

I evhna't been ot eth rodba rof a whlei.
Ddi it nutr uot ot have hrustt?

Does a flashlight?

does my ass have thrust everytime I fart?

i for one favour this motion to find out the truth...

NO DISCUSSION
NO SUBJECTIVE SNOWFLAKE OPINION
ONLY OBJECTIVE HARD TRUTH

OBJECTIVELY YES THRUST HAPPEN HAPPEN MEANING YES IT HAPPENED AND ITS TRUE, FOREVER CONFIRMED THE OPPOSITE OF FALSE, IN THE HARD CONFIRMED WAY THAT PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS CAN ONLY EXIST

OR IS IT ABSOLUTELY FALSE BOGUS NON TRUE CONFIRMED TO BE AN IDIOCY FAILURE???

ONLY OPTION 1 OR 2 PLEASE OR YOURE CONFIRMED FOR A SUBJECTIVE

SUBJECTIVES HAVE NO PLACE IN SCIENCE, SCIENCE IS OBJECTIVE. SO PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH IS THE OBJECTIVE TRUTH OR SHUT UP TO THE GROWN UPS SPEAKING PLEASE, ANY OTHER THAN OBJECTIVE CONFIRMATION IS LE EBIN ARTSY SUBJECTIVE NON UNDERSTANDER OF REALITY TIER MANNER OF SPEECH

Well, from what I understand they have a working example of the engine. So if they present it, that should solve the discussion.

The microwave engine is conical so I reckon a regular microwave either does not have trust, or it is so weak that it doesn't produce enough force to move the microwave in the slightest.

Didn't they take one em drive so far away from earth as to experience 0 gravity to test it away from forces?

It's fake.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4

arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120

yes, one that if further verified appears to be both scalable and much more efficient than current "reactionless" drives. No further evidence in any direction of why it works, though many error sources are eliminated so it seems like it does.

>proof is a conspiratard youtube video
did they found out about that in the space test?

No. None of the tests are space based.

"Presenting it" won't solve anything, the set up isn't complicated. Other labs could build them if they were interested but for now, most aren't. What they need to do is do better controlled experiments, the published paper is full of holes.

centauri-dreams.org/?p=36830

>No. None of the tests are space based.
false, the chinese have put an em thruster on theyre space station to avoid using diesel fuel on the rocket

Listen you ffff... friends, the only thing that will prove that thing works is when they launch a scaled up version that produces significant thrust and they make a prove that visits all the planets without spending reaction mass, then, and ONLY THEN will people start throwing away their phisics books.

the way things are now is like this:

you know a guy who has been a vagrant a hobo and a known rapist, usually shits on the street and communicates only in growls, when he sees a female she starts punching his dick while howling...

then one day someone shows you a picture of him wearing a clean tshirt and says SEE THIS IS EVIDENCE THAT HE IS NOW THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

that's how logical the em drives claims are

That's only a rumour, they're no evidence it's true. Also they don't use diesel anyway.

>Also they don't use diesel anyway.
shure, what do they use ? propellars?

China has announced they will test it on a microsat in space. No launch date available.

The cannae drive is supposed to get a cubesat launch in 2018, maybe.

>cubesat
what?
cubesat, but that means small right? so that means instead of scaling it up like they should they are scaling it DOWN????? how much force is it expected to produce? A billionth of a billionth of a milimicronewton? Are they gonna have to account for the pull of an asteroid orbiting alpha centauri to make sure there are no measurement errors?

come on, be serious

>thunderf00t
come on now, post something that isn't Infowars tier

>you know a guy who has been a vagrant a hobo and a known rapist, usually shits on the street and communicates only in growls, when he sees a female she starts punching his dick while howling...
>then one day someone shows you a picture of him wearing a clean tshirt and says SEE THIS IS EVIDENCE THAT HE IS NOW THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

b..but THAT literally happened...

fugg you blueshu

exactly

>yfw the Copenhagen interpretation doesn't explain it but it works perfectly fine under pilot wave
>yfw the jews are finally going to be exposed as liars

RIP Einstein, Bohr etc

centauri-dreams.org/?p=36890

This was a good write-up.

> Considers Copenhagen interpretation to be a Jewish lie
> Includes Einstein as one of the jews responsible

wew

I love the memedrive. It means that the reason why I didn't understand any of my courses was because they were false bullshit all along. If you got a degree you fell for it and are a brainlet

>scaled up version that produces significant thrust and they make a prove that visits all the planets without spending reaction mass
wouldnt that be the tits.

imagine a headline that goes: "chinese experimental probe keeps travelling between the planets, did not run out of fuel"

only if you thrust it :^)

>b..but THAT literally happened...
yes but you only believed he was president once you saw him in tv, not because someone showed you a picture of him wearing a tshirt.

believing the meme drive in its current state would be like if someone showed you a picture of trump in 1994 in which he was speaking and told you "see? hes speaking? presidents speak! therefore hes gonna be president"

It is sometimes alleged, for example by J.S. Bell, that Einstein opposed the Copenhagen interpretation because he believed that the answer to that question of "hidden variables" was 'Yes'. That allegation has achieved mythical potency, but is mistaken. Countering that myth, (((Max Jammer))) writes "Einstein never proposed a hidden variable theory. "Einstein explored the possibility of a hidden variable theory, and wrote a paper describing his exploration, but withdrew it from publication because he felt it was faulty.

Ether propellers, yes.

It was written in the stars user

but weaker (many orders of magnitude)

The post in the OP is from 2015, and I know for damn sure that sci wasn't so fast in 2015 that you could abandon the discussion after 30 minutes of waiting. You just have a bit of ADHD. Understandable if you're starting a semester but not if you've actually been here and have a modicum of critical thought.

fresh out of the oven for you, OP.
video sums it up perfectly.

>actually been here and have a modicum of critical thought.
how could anyone present those two conditions which are strictly mutually exclusive?

>muh drumpf

kys

well is it not true that they tested it on the one of the most sensitive measuring devices known to man?

>mfw silly user doesn't know it's æther impeller not propeller

Pretty sure the Chinese rockets run on capitalist tears. Just remember, every buttblasted post is a post for China.

Why not attach two meme drives to an axis and see if they spin? Ain't no rocket science. If there's not enough force to move whatever bearings you use, just hang it on a string from the ceiling and just make sure the center of mass is at the right place.
Since no one's doing that kind of simple "proof of concept" I'll assume it's a tinfoil scam and sage.

There is thrust being measured, no-one is refuting that. It`s just that the thrust being measured is most likely a result of a faulty setup. Your retarded setup just adds more possible sources of error.

Please finish highschool before your next post.