Most lucerative PhDs, what are they?

>Please refrain from memeing and give sources.

>PhD in math
>300k starting

Anything with CS, get to work at Google and from there you can have literally any job you want.

>PhD in math

yeah right

material science

This. Material science is going to be yuuuuugggeeeee in 5-15 years. More so than it is now.

Being able to predict the future 5-10 years. Just Kys right now, retard.

Politics,Economy usually some good guys tell you say nice thing over them, and gets $$$$$$$

Engineering and Comp Sci probably

I remember that when I was a retard senior highschooler and first saw this meme here I believed it. I sort of imagined that it must be that mathematics is really hard so getting a PhD qualifies you to do very important things, which many employers would pay 300k.

Then when thinking about what to actually major in, I factored this 300k starting meme into my considerations and ended up picking pure mathematics for my bachelors, just by a small difference ahead of computer science. I realized that this shit was a meme probably after I had already signed up for it.

Now I am sophomore and doing pretty good. I don't really regret anything. I really did not let Veeky Forums memes be dreams.

indigenous studies

>PhD in math

Gender studies

Can confirm.
Professional privilege checker, $250k.

Al Sharpton makes millions but I don't think he has the degree

Only theoretical math

I discovered Veeky Forums two semesters too late, t. CS student

My sides.
This is one dangerous meme, affect real people's life.
Personally, I try my best to discourage young people to enter science programs.

> I don't really regret anything.

Don't lie to yourself.

>Don't lie to yourself.

I don't though. Obviously, back when I realized it was a meme I had a short breakdown where I would be really defensive about my degree and where I would google salary statistics to post here about why my degree is solid 10/10.

Then I calmed down. Those same salary statistics show that I can easily make good money, and it is not like I only care about money anyways. Math is fun, nigga.

>Nothing but memes.
>The only actual content.
Why is Veeky Forums literally nothing but shitposting?

If you're looking for money, you shouldn't waste your time on a phd. Get an md instead.

Highest paid phd is chemical engineering, btw.

I sincerely hope you'll find a decent job.

Why is Veeky Forums nothing but shitposting?

Because reddit is full of intelligent discourse?

PhD distinctions don't matter too much, beyond the broad strokes. Obviously a Math PhD isn't interchangeable with a English PhD, but for more closely related fields it's unlikely your employer will care.

Even then, if, for example, the English PhD showed they had a lot of experience with text analysis, and knew how to conduct research and handle data, you might still be able to compete with the Math PhD.

This

I was actually surprised a bit when I went into politics, but apparently in the private sector you can easily make six figures. I'm not sure it's the best paying PhD, but I'm happy with it.

I was thinking about it, but MDs in the UK are literal memes and emigrating to the US isn't really an option until I see what Trump's presidency is going to be like.

Brainlet detected. Control of the executive branch and broader government has historically passed from democrat to republican every 8 or so years. Nothing will change. This isn't America's first republican president, or even her first republican, movie star president. Reagan was, and he's generally considered a decent president.

Life for the middle and working class will stay the same.

Holy shit, for me it went exactly the same.

I really don't get the panic.
Are Americans really that influenced by the media?
Pretty sad really.