Can electricity be converted into momentum?

can electricity be converted into momentum?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronvolt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motor
youtube.com/watch?v=L5E4NiP4hpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what is a CRT

Yes, of course.

so would it be possible to make an engine that can turn a wheel but uses just electricity without any carnot cycle?

Please stop thinking these strange and disturbing thoughts.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronvolt

So would it be lossible to make like a plane or rocket thats electric powered too? Im curious how electricity can be converted into motion. Odd stuff.

it worx

Sure, even directly, without propellant. It's not particularly efficient, in fact it's pretty much the least efficient way of propelling something possible.

but is it sustainable?

Sure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motor

What's the method called?

Can a rocket be electric powered then too?

is this an EM drive

Photon drive? I don't know. You just shoot photons of some kind in one direction. I don't know what the most efficient generation of photons from electricity is, probably a laser.

Electeicity already has momentum, as it is basically electrons moving
But it's negligibke if you dont use the electromagnetism that exerts a much bigger force on other charged particles

Electrons moving? I thought electrons were stationary in an atom.

If you use a turbine and aerodynamic thrust then yes. But you will be fucked in space.

What's an electric engine???

If i taze you youre gonna jump bruh

I can't tell if you are being serious or not

Am I being baited

Help

In a conductor electrons flow from atom to atom.
>>basic physics

Yes. The recently tested microwave engine works with that fact.

what is this sorcery?

Yes, it would be physically possible but not efficient. A battery couldn't provide as much energy as chemical combustion. Also, electrical circuits still hold all the thermodynamics laws, wich means they lose energy in the form of heat and cannot convert all the electric current into work. See resistors for example, it's the Joule effect.
If you want to know more about this, just study some electromagnetism and electric circuits, it is interesting and very useful.

... like an electric car?

From this video. youtube.com/watch?v=L5E4NiP4hpM
It's pretty cool.

How can electrons flow if theyre bound to orbits.

touché!

>what is a free electron