SpaceX Launch - Jan 14th

Falcon 9 • Iridium Next 1-10
Launch time: 1754:34 GMT (12:54:34 p.m. EST; 9:54:34 a.m. PST)
Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 10 satellites for the Iridium next mobile communications fleet. Delayed from 1st Quarter. Moved up from August. Delayed from July, Sept. 12, Sept. 19, Dec. 16 and Jan. 9. [Jan. 8]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tTmbSur4fcs
youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk
youtube.com/watch?v=7WimRhydggo
mobile.twitter.com/waywardboat
twitter.com/upperlevelwinds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inb4 boom

If it booms we won't see even a moon-flyby this century.

pls no, another disaster = we are fucked

nice digits OP. I will be getting cavities filled so I'll miss this sadly.

What's the best website to view it live?

2 youtube streams. One is technical and the other has the people talking and presenting it. They should be up on Spacex's youtube channel before the event starts.

REVVVVVV UP THOSE ROCKET BOOSTERS!!!

WE'RE GOING TO MARS

Is this SpaceX's Apollo 7?

If it doesnt go boom will they be landing the arse section again?

maybe this time the rocket arse section can 'slip' onto a long pole so it doesn't fall over

You are an actual genius and just put a lot of egg on Musks face for not doing this

>tfw friends have 101 ideas on how to keep the rocket from falling over when it lands

They are such brainlets.

but how would it then land on mars in the future?

Just shoot a massive spear at the landing site then the rocket can land on top of it and sit on it. Easy peasy

>inb4 boom
Pretty unlikely until they start screwing with the design again.

For instance, they're planning to go back to the tanking protocol that caused the explosion after changing how they make the helium tanks.

There'll also be a bunch of small changes we probably won't hear about in public until they cause a problem.

How many hours left?

>Pretty unlikely until they start screwing with the design again.

They'll never stop screwing with the design.

to do list: dont explode

>Specifically, Blasdell complained that SpaceX’s failure to properly mark and serialize parts made it impossible for him to research each part’s possible history of failure, which could potentially lead to the wrong part or a faulty part being put on a rocket. He also complained that his managers were implementing practices that led to a culture in the test lab of ignoring procedures and deviating from protocols in order to pass tests through and not hold up production. He reported that he and other employees were pressured to falsify testing procedures to make it look like they were following specific testing requirements when in fact they had not.

mercedes put lsd in your water, scotty

Live stream (T -2:24:00) : youtube.com/watch?v=tTmbSur4fcs

I expect they're being very conservative with this return to flight.

>never
No, it's getting close to maturity, and they're working on the next vehicle. The next revision is nicknamed Falcon 9 Final.

They've got an ambitious schedule for ITS. It's just about time to shift focus to it.

Thanks

let's go!

>some faggot took that picture with a potato
At least that rare Elon could be meme-worthy even if it is fuzzy as leftovers in the back of a fridge.

reminder the reason spaceX posts are important on /pol/ is because

1. Space is huge for politics in the future
2. SpaceX proves private >>>>>>> public projects even on big things

You're in the wrong tab. This is the Veeky Forums thread.

elon cupping trumps balls early ensures a favorable climate for spacex and tesla

lockheed & boeing (ula parents) don't seem to have a seat at trumps table

We'll we ever get to wear these suits one day?

>lockheed & boeing (ula parents) don't seem to have a seat at trumps table

Especially since Lockheed is also 'fucking up' the F35.

Elon has been to trump tower twice, that's a good sign for the future.

One was the tech roundtable and another was a private invite to talk about creating jobs w/ bannon.

Please stop cross-shitposting from the /pol/ thread.

>Male pants: Somewhat loose
>Female pants: Skin tight
It's easy to see that this concept is made by some insecure cargo pants wearing piece of shit.

Why can't they design a space suit for men that is skin tight and shows off my package?

You first

>insecure cargo pants wearing piece of shit
lol y so mad

Did you just assume their gender

Also you can obviously see the tighter suit has a place for feminine penises

But there is no place for feminine testicles.

chest part. tits are actually testicles

I would like to thanks Donald J. Trump, president elect of United states, for inspiring spaceX and America. This is all because of his leadership and greatneess.

Thank you Donald J. Trump, and shame, on hillary who wuld have cancelled it.

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk

Be inspired. Space is ours.

>ours

>tacticool shit
your tax dollars at work

please elon, save us from NASA

Reports of a boat heading towards the area

yes. space WILL belong to the united states. one way or another.

I posted it on here first, /pol/ was an afterthought, plus you would have to have went there as well to know this. Also, I get more (You)s.

This is not nominal! I repeat NOT NOMINAL

flight director is ready to go

this is from 2002, all digital cameras where potatos

You realize that this design was made after Elon Musk wrote in a contract that the suits must look "bad-ass" right? Elon Musk himself commissioned this concept art.

Besides, who cares about practicality when you can feel bad-ass.

>you would have to have went there as well to know this
Yes, I'm following both threads. I hang out on /pol/ and Veeky Forums regularly. I'm not one of the people who think you should pick one board and stick with it, or that /pol/ is the devil.

But I don't cross-post, and I especially don't cross-shitpost.

YOU ARE IN THE ROCKET LAUNCH HAZARD AREA

Not a shitpost, see This is something legitimate that Elon Musk is trying to bring into reality. It's still on-topic.

Reminder that the Hosted Webcast is shit and you should watch the technical webcast:

youtube.com/watch?v=7WimRhydggo

Oh shit, HERE WE GO

HAVE MY BABIES ELON

SSSSATURDAY NIGHT IS SPACEX NIGHT

WE'RE LIVE

They look like they've been designed by the same studio designed F35 suites.

What's the name of the music playing on the hosted webcam?

What's the difference exactly?

>the Hosted Webcast is shit and you should watch the technical webcast:
It's the exact same shit minus people talking and explaining stuff about the mission and showing pictures of what they're working on when nothing's happening.

Watching the technical webcast live is for terminal autists.

DREAM ON, MARS MAN

Good luck!

>inb4 scrub

Technical doesn't have the hipsters talking. Just telemetry and the launch announcer guy

PLS LET IT WORK

>tfw no Ron Burgundy announcer for the stream

That negress has big ol titties

NICE SOUND SPACEX!

DREAM ON, MARS MAN

Beardo Baldwizard stole her voice with evil magics!

The hosted stream has a history of cutting to two people talking when something interesting happens so instead of actually seeing it happen we see two people talking about while people watch it in the background. There is also the fact that their "explanations" are almost always the same basic explanation of "this is a rocket". If you've watched the stream multiple times in the past the same canned speech gets old.

It's not going to explode, is it?

MAH NIGGA INSPRUCKER

Why do I love ULA so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. ULA isn't just the best launch provider in the country; they might just be the greatest launch provider of all time. Just imaging the Altas V riding through the skies of Earth, the wind on its fairing, the mighty RD-180 below it. As she rides through the red sky, NASA swoons at her very scent. They know how she smells; the essence of burning RP-1 smell is sold in Orlando under the name of "Space Orgasm." The very nature of ULA is mystery. Could they be playing a deeper game than even Tory Bruno realizes? The answer is yes, ULA has transcended such boundaries as the physical world, and has free will to do whatever they sees fit. However, ULA is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that they does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the ULA is not one that is easily penetrated. ULA rockets are such a force of nature in this realm that nothing can truly touch them, the only thing keeping them bound to this world at all is their will to exist within the preordained boundaries understood physics. ULA is not only beyond the comprehension of us, it exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe the plume of exhaust gasses from this Delta IV, the gorgeous and rippling flames, the gallant fairing, and most importantly, its engines. Her engines, like cauldrons straight from hell, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of ULA. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. ULA is not just a launch provider, a formless collection of engineers and rockets; they are themselves the binding that holds the word together. Without ULA, Musk the Menace takes over and the entire space industry as we know it crumbles. The Mississippi would stop flowing without ULA, Kessler syndrome would take over in orbit, and the space station would fall without their fiery gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like ULA so much.

>their "explanations" are almost always the same basic explanation of "this is a rocket"
They do repeat the basics for normies, but they usually also have some stuff that nobody has heard before.

They rarely skip out on anything worth seeing that's visible on the technical.

is the memedrive onboard?

>watching both streams and Mogra new year's stream at the same time on two monitors
Step it up sempai.

>There is a ship in the danger area
AGAIN

ANOTHER FUCKING SHIP

JUST TORPEDO THE FUCKERS

Did he really just say there is a ship near the hazard zone?

United Launch Alliance sailboat trawlin and trollin

pls go

just turn on both streams

we get it, you vape

mobile.twitter.com/waywardboat

DREAM ON, MARS MAN

I'm so happy Donald J. Trump has helped spaceX achieve this amazing upcoming launch.

will be interesting to see how much better he makes spaceX with his leadership and winning

twitter.com/upperlevelwinds

oh no worries. It says it is in the Atlantic Ocean. This launch is from california

>Iridium Next finally supports a digital mode
WELCOME TO THE BOTNET

the technical webcast only has background music
technical webcast a shit. a shit.

DREAM ON MARS MAN

but you get to watch the sick vape clouds

>"Just Read The Instructions"

Autist tier names

>85k watching
nice

youtube.com/watch?v=tTmbSur4fcs

DREAM ON, MARS MAN