>worst UC
>normies invasion
>ching chongs everywhere

>#37 Ranked National University on U.S News
>Shit Tier
>K

the ones I got rejected from

its like 65%+ chicks

its nickname is university of casual sex and booze.

you have to be top tier uggo/autismal to not be swimming in vagina there.

>#37
Thats a middle low tier school annon.

this

It's literally in the top 3 physics programs in the US, you absolute dumbo

Every CSU
Every UC except UCLA

So their chemistry program is shit

>#37 out of like 2000 nation wide unis
>middle low tier
>ok this is the real world bud

>middle low tier
Are you just pretending to be retarded, anything above 65 is great. 45-35 is a tier above, 34-20 is next, then 19-11, then 10-1

Then there is also the LACs, where its 35 and lower that are great. A notable exception to the tier list in LACs for Veeky Forums is Bucknell which is far better in engineering and sciences than its ranking shows. USNews recognizes this in a way by having them extremely high in the engineering rankings for LACs (7) but they keep their rank low.

*and UCSD

>tfw UCLA
T-thanks user

>UCSF shit tier
>8 in the world in medicine, above UCLA

What did they do to piss off ER?

Did someone get rejected from UCSF's m3d school?

>you have to be top tier uggo/autismal
Where do you think we are?

Hey guys,
Any opinions on University of Houston? Physics major

>hands out degrees like candy

Explain?

Also

>2nd best physics program nationwide
>multiple Nobel laurets
>shit tier

Kek

Well, what did you think? From the beginning this thread was made for the humble bragging of top 50 babbies who are depressed about the fact that their schools are way shittier than they expected and their only way to cope is to come here and subtly shit on everyone else.

It is pretty pathetic. I actually wonder if high tier unis have higher suicide rates.

What university do you go to and what do you major in?

Yo, UH physics major here. What year?
I personally think for undergraduates, you basically get the same education and degree as long as you take advantage of all the resources available (professors, research opportunities, extracurriculars, etc.)
College REALLY matters academically if you decide to get a graduate degree. Then you have to consider prestige and type of research.

Starting 3rd year in fall. I'm done till Cal 2, and calculus based classical physics. What should I be expecting for my next 2 years here?

>best (engineering) school in oregon
>still shit tier

M8 I'm just a puny 1st year. But I just finished Uni Physics I and Cal II myself, so we're in the same boat. Weird question, do you go to SPS meetings?

>tfw you will never be born in California and have instate access to some of the best public universities in the country
being from a shitty midwest state sucks senpai

I go to a top 800 uni for pure mathematics

>University of Delaware

It's cheap at least. Quiet area

Stony Brook University

#40 in graduate CS, that's pretty good right?

(#3? in Nuclear Physics and #2? for Geometry for you fags here btw)

woah....

nvm apparently #4 in physics and geometry each

:)

God tier schools: The one I go to

Fag tier schools: The one everyone else goes too

In all seriousness you're cancer and fags like you should be banned from this board

you're just jealous that i go to an ivy lmao

lmao I go to this school its the 8th best public university in the country and has the most attractive student body in the country what are you talking about??

>37th
>in the US
Hah
Hah
Hah

Just looked up my university (best one in my state)
It's ranked 111th uni in the country and 51st public uni. Looks like I fell for the instate meme

Why even live?

But yeah this same thought has crossed my mind

Which one?

Nebraska, I guess it is not the best in the state but the best instate with an engineering program

It's okay user you were 1 post away from quints

no UCSD is shit

we're talking strictly undergrad

>tfw I go to CSULB

stop bullying

you think that's bad? my university was 128th and then slipped over 20 rankings in a single year.

what does the administration do the same week that the new USNWR rankings show the >20 spot slip? they send an email about how the university is dedicated to diversity and don't even mention the ranking drop.

fucking leftist shithole.

Literally University of Spoiled Children. As long as you got money you will get in.

this

This user did not get into Cal.

Stony Brook is a good school.

>tfw UTD
>not even UT
>professors say undergrad engineering facilities are the best in the country
>u wot m8??
>last i checked was rank 130

a-am i gonna make it?

Come fight me nigger, Unit 311 at the Loop above Pizzamyheart.

Come fucking fight be you cunt ass negroid.

UCLA is better in literally every department that matters

sorry

kek, I can confirm this. Knew some guy who dropped out of HS, went to jail, got a GED and got in because his dad was loaded.

the sad howls of lonelyness embodied in 21st century prose

'Best' engineering school is even more sad when you consider that UO doesn't even have an engineering school.

>all this UCLA love
LA is fucking terrible and everyone who comes out of that school is a super dick that nobody likes working with.

>tfw when Veeky Forums is filler with highschoolers that don't even know calculus yet and they're arguing over schools
>tfw you're a grad student and just glad you can afford food

kekekek

>people taking rankings from usnews seriously
>people taking rankings seriously

Why do people take this shit seriously?
When UC Berkely and UCLA are out of the top 20 and only private schools are ranked in the top 20 you know these list are bullshit. The whole methodology is bullshit to begin with.

So, which field is UCLA known for?

I know people that come from that school that think they are all that, but I never think of UCLA as being a top 5 school. Maaaybe top 10? Just barely?

But I don't know. That's why I am asking. What is it supposed to be known for?

Any top tier university will have a high population of ching chong ling longs.

Fine ass bitches though.

Its universally recognized that the top publics are not top 20
The only serious, reputable ranking that has a public in its top 20 is Forbes, and they have West Point in top 20 because its really good at everything and has no tuition.

Wait a minute UCB is #20 not #21 like I thought get the fuck out of here

t. rejected from UCLA

They're not. It's a good school (I'd argue it's better undergrad than Berkeley) but Berkeley is better in most science fields. I think there are a couple of UCLA students trying to shit up the thread.

Same fields as Berkeley, just a couple places behind in the rankings

>mfw I go to UCSB
>it's literally shit-tier for undergrad
>cramped, stuffy, old lecture halls with desks sized for five year olds
>every required class has a waitlist larger than the class within minutes of registration
>zero access to teachers (1 office hour a week during my other classes, thanks assholes)
>half the people in the lecture hall are asians looking at anime on their laptop the entire time

I'm pretty sure it's an amazing grad school (at least for physics, I don't talk to anybody from other departments)
I passed on UCLA for this.. hmm...

Still not convinced that it matters much where you do your undergrad -- I'd much rather be somewhere with comfy facilities. I transferred here from a small comfy well-funded community college and almost every day I think about how much better of a school that was than UCSB. Why? New, modern, comfy facilities and amazing access to professors. What else matters at undergrad level?

Any other Chem majors in this thread?

Who of y'all take the ACS standardized exam?

>what is Cal

You mean the Berkeley extension campus of UCLA?

>So, which field is UCLA known for?

Uh, medicine, mathematics (dude Tao lmao), CS, chemistry, engineering? Microbiology, too. There's also some non-science shit they're probably pretty good at (business programs, law school), but this is Veeky Forums.

i meant that he should've added Cal as an exception

but yes

Literally "I didn't get into UCI, UCLA, UCR, CSULB, CSULA, CPP or anywhere else and also can't afford to go out of state to ASU" the School. I spoke to transfer representative from there when I was getting ready to transfer from community college to a university, you could tell that deep down under her facade, she knew that CSUF was seen as and is, the fall back option of everyone in the county.

If you join the Formula SAE team, you pretty much get a free pass into SpaceX and any other engineering job you want

why?

CSULA is worse than CSUF

Just got rejected by Cambridge

>at UCR
>ching chongs errywhere
>most people lazy

Idk its not terrible but its not great. If you really try here professors can help you a ton, its a way better environment than CSUs. People meme too hard, really unless you're at a shit tier school, what matters most in undergrad is whether you complete research and have good letters

>t. math major

What subject?

>37th in the country with the highest rated schools in the world

stay dumb eurofag

UO does have a CS program though

I'm in CS/math, so I just made my own Android apps on the side to get an internship for the summer after freshman and sophomore year and the past two winter breaks as well. Already got responses from Twitter/Amazon for an internship this summer

>the loop
lonely poorfag spotted

this is a pretty valid complaint honestly

is purdue good for engineering? (electrical and computer)

i might want to transfer from canada to finish my degree.

Only the top ten or so unis in the US are on international lists. Your uni is several hundredth at least globally, op.

a quick google search proves you're full of shit

I go to UCLA btw and not OP

you don't have the second best physics department in the world and be lowly ranked

Thats just outright incorrect. Cornell is #15 in America and like #25 globally, as an example. American universities also completely domindate the top 50

I really don't care about OP's school but this statement is just wrong.

American universities literally dumpster international schools for academic rankings. Everyone flocks to institutions in the United States. They have some of the highest block fundings, a combined total of which SHITS on foreign grants.

Does this mean foreigns schools are bad? Of course not!

This is coming from someone who applied to both US / foreign schools. It's just a fact.

Yes, it is a very good school for engineering. Best of luck with the transfer.

Me too! What major/year?

microbio 4th year (technically 5th) undergrad

I applied to the PhD program for immunity, microbes, and molecular pathogenesis at LA and the cellular/microbio at UCI so here's hoping

what do you do?

Chemistry 2nd year. I feel like a huge brainlet compared to some of the engineering kids that make up half of my classes

don't worry breh

I came to UCLA from Glendale Community College, where i got B/Cs in the basic biology classes due to shitty study habits/procrastination. I improved and I'm getting mostly As with a few Bs in upperdiv bio classes despite them being harder.

Try and find where your faults lie and improve on them, also definitely try to get into a research program

>Uh, medicine, mathematics (dude Tao lmao), CS, chemistry, engineering? Microbiology, too.
> CS

kek

Can't tell if you're implying UCLA has a shitty CS program (I think they do) or CS is shitty in general (it is)

Question Veeky Forums

Does the name/prestige of your undergraduate college even matter? I always thought it was where you went to graduate school that was the most important.

what do you think you'll use to get into grad school?

undergrad grades/research

Mostly it is grad that matters, but undergrad will influence your future too.

Yes, life time net worth statistics show that undergrad matters too. I was a bit bummed out when I found that out.

My hunch is that the social networks/connections that you make in undergrad are important even after grad school.

Obviously mad white boi who got caught creating