About to assemble the chamber of my fusion reactor

About to assemble the chamber of my fusion reactor.

How does it look?

Other urls found in this thread:

fusor.net/
fusor.net/board/viewforum.php?f=42
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post a picture of the real parts also do leak tests with helium

So how are you machining that?

Could you post the actual diagram with dimensions and such? I can't really tell anything based on something made in paint.

As a machinist I can safely say OP is autistic and possibly underage

Have you heard of casting and forging, bud?

Nigga that's a bong.

You forgot to slice it mate. That's not how you make fries

looks like something a 7th grader drew in study hall kiss urself

>viewport

Bigger viewports tend to be a lot more expensive.

OP here, I'm not.

I'm buying two 304 6 inch hemispheres and TIG welding them to pic attached. Then I'll drill holes for the flange nipples and weld them in.

>made in paint

Nope

Just looked like it because of the lines. So do you plan on posting any CAD drawings with dimensions or are you just going to ask us for our opinion on something we can't measure.

i hope you are phenomenal at TIG welding.

>deutorium

^^This. Those chambers have to be sealed really, really well if you have any hope of doing fusion.

It has been done better by youth.

You realize these are literally not possible,right ?

wat

Usually orto views are for dimensioning and you should provide perspective views for showcasing. Also if you're going to even try to build a reactor you should probably adhere to standard engineering practices, the first of which would be having proper documents instead of shitty pictures with no context.

They are possible. People build them all the time.

inventor, ugh..

people build fusion reactors in their garages on a weekly basis.

yeah sure, and my toe builds an hydrogen bomb on a daily basis.

You're a special kind of retard

no numbers, but good luck on your fusor

how much did it cost?

OP here.

So far I'm at 400. That's all the uhv parts I need

The biggest pain in the ass seems to be the power situation. I just bought a 70kv 10ma 60hz x-ray transformer. But if that doesn't work then I have no fucking idea besides buying a real power supply

400k ?

400$

liek a molecular beam epitaxy machine

You should probably have at least 20mA if you want to do easily detectable fusion anyway.

Just keep scouring ebay and other sites. Took me a few months but I found a -30kV /30mA Glassman supply on ebay before for about $300.

well, what are you building the fusion core for ?
You need a fucking license for running that.

and how will you get the neccasary energy for katalyzing fusion?
i call bs.

fusor.net/

and who pays for the Deuterium and Tritium ?

>You need a fucking license for running that.
No you don't
You use a high voltage power supply.
Deuterium is not that hard to get. If you really can't get someone to sell you the gas, you can buy heavy water and build an apparatus to do electrolysis.

Tritium is not involved in these reactors.

well but wouldnt you need such high energy levels that the electrical conductivity in the plasma gets so high that it cannot be heated enough to induce a fusion reaction ? which would mean that you cant get the energy only by power.
At least what i read.

No. Inside the vacuum chamber there is a wire grid (usually made of tungsten or something) that is hooked to the high voltage feedthrough. The supply hooks to the feedthrough, providing a negative polarity voltage.

If the chamber is has been pumped down to low enough pressure (via the diffusion pump + forepump), and has been filled with deuterium gas, then you should be able get a detectable D-D fusion reaction at around 20-30kV with a current of 10-20mA.

which temperature levels do you get/need in there ?

Take a look here:
fusor.net/board/viewforum.php?f=42

wait, you guys are meming, right? You can't actually think this exist.

>fusor.net
well do you think they built the website only to troll or what ?

also it loses more energy than it wins. you only get to see a fusion reaction there.

That site is older than Veeky Forums and still has plenty of active users. So pretty sure it isn't a troll site.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusor

>not being old enough to buy Richard Hull's fusor experiments on VHS

OP is under age and has no idea what he's doing

Let the grown ups work. When does winder break end so these faggots go away