Grigori Perelman vs Terence Tao

Whos the most talented?

dude man Perelman proved the Poincare conjecture (and really went quite a bit beyond it) Tao man is BTFO in comparison with that.

Tao is basically a polymath of math, so Tao. Also, Tao's IQ is much higher.

I'd bet on the guy who solved a millennium problem

Ehhh... perelman never took an iq test. And he took it when he was young which is easier to score an high score

Only people who have accomplished nothing point to IQ as a basis of superiority

>Also, Tao's IQ is much higher.
They are both Fields medalists.
They are Gods among men.
Do you think an unrelated IQ test would be the best way to measure their mental capabilities?
Then, I'd like a reference to that.

Have they ever teamed up on anything?

Seems like we'd get some super duper math out of that.

They're both really smart people and we'll never be able to easily compare them.

checking dubs. correct answer

how can that be the correct answer if its not part of the question, perelman smoks him

Perelman

>HUrr duur a bullshit number is more important than actual achievements
fuck off

>versus
>not cooperation
Why, Veeky Forums? I thought we were better than this.

Fuck off hippy

In all sincerity what has Tao accomplished? Perelman solved a century old conjecture. About Tao, it only seems like he used to have a lot of potential and his blog is slightly popular

i honestly believe perelman would blow terry tao out of the fucking water

though i don't know why i feel this way

i guess it depends on what the math is
isn't perelman more geared toward algebraic geometry, and tao more analysis-centric?

I try to imitate this pose on a daily basis... what a man.

What is Perelman up to these days? I supposed that once he has retired from academia he must be teaching kids or something

Who's better between Erdos and Tao?

Alright, forgive me for knowing fuck all about pure maths, but how significant was Tao's solution to the Erdos discrepancy problem, or Green-Tao theorem in comparison to Perelman's proof of the Poincaré conjecture?

navier-stokes equation

That's like asking who is better at sports, a 100m runner or a lightweight gymnast

Working for a chemistry company in sweden

I heard he's wasting his days cheating on some old polish board game or something.

Is this confirmed?

What would happen were he to solve the NS problem?
He would be hailed as the best mathematician ever.

He's not wasting his time if he's happy.

I heard somewhere that now he's interested in NS

In my opinion Tao is the smarted man on the planet right now.

this

while perelman solves problems in 3 dimensions, mochizuki creates universes

while tao looks for blow up in navier stokes, shinichi solves differential frobenioidal equations analytically

>solve
I fucking hate people like you. Why are you posting on Veeky Forums? Stop saying "solve" that's not even close to what the problem even is.

The gymnast is likely a manlet so the runner is better.

That's a millennium problem. Since it is a problem, there still isn't a solution to it. I'm not talking about a solution to the equations.

Definitely Perelman! He's a geek

I'm going with Tao because he is actually a functioning adult

Depends how important you think his work on Poincare Conjecture is. Personally I think they are equal. Tao has etched his name in number theory.

are you French?

if there were a hierarchy of undergrad-edness, you would be the most undergrad

They are both God tier mathematicians. Mochizuki is so far out there; most of his situations are his own situations.

I like both Mochizuki and Perelman because they pissed of a bunch of establishment mathematicians.

If I could only have a conversation with Terry or Perelman, I would pick Perelman. He just seems much more interesting as a person. Terry sounds pretty grounded.

jeez louise, I think it's clear what he means