spot.colorado.edu/~baggett/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nemeth Braille

/thread

How far can you go with that though.
That's just for reading equations.

>every blind person in the world has No eyedea what numbers are

Back in the day Algebra was done like this:
>You divide ten into two parts: multiply the one by itself; it will be equal to the other taken eighty-one times." Computation: You say, ten less thing, multiplied by itself, is a hundred plus a square less twenty things, and this is equal to eighty-one things. Separate the twenty things from a hundred and a square, and add them to eighty-one. It will then be a hundred plus a square, which is equal to a hundred and one roots. Halve the roots; the moiety is fifty and a half. Multiply this by itself, it is two thousand five hundred and fifty and a quarter. Subtract from this one hundred; the remainder is two thousand four hundred and fifty and a quarter. Extract the root from this; it is forty-nine and a half. Subtract this from the moiety of the roots, which is fifty and a half. There remains one, and this is one of the two parts.

so I think it's possible that a blind man could do it.

How do you explain calculus to a blind person?

Boyle

A function f is continuous if for all x from the domain of f and every epsilon greater than zero there is a delta greater than zero such that for all y with a distance less than delta from x the corrosponding function values have a distance less than epsilon.

>Bernard Morin (French: [mɔʁɛ̃]; born 1931) is a French mathematician, specifically a topologist, who is now retired. He has been blind since age 6 due to glaucoma, but his blindness did not prevent him from having a successful career in mathematics.

>Nicholas Saunderson FRS (1682 – 19 April 1739) was a blind English scientist and mathematician. According to one historian of statistics, he may have been the earliest discoverer of Bayes theorem.

>T. V. Raman (born May 4, 1965) is a computer scientist who specializes in accessibility research. Raman has himself been partially sighted since birth, and blind since the age of 14.

>spot.colorado.edu/~baggett/

>Pratish Datta

>literally euler

What the hell does calculus have to do with sight?

Are you saying that you don't need any senses to comprehend math?

Those fagets weren't born Blind.

No. Blind people can only recite the last 30 or so words they've heard.

No, I'm not sure how the hell you inferred that from my post. I'm saying you don't need sight.

Your point (if you had one) would be what?
A person is not "really" blind unless born blind?
If so (and maybe if not) then you're a retard.

If they had vision before then they have an advantage over people born complete blind.
They could remember things that would make it easier for them to learn math.

If you were to do an experiment on this then you'd have to get people born blind, otherwise you wouldn't have complete control over the variables now would you?

Euler was blind

that was fucking horrible

Euler (prounced you-lurr) was blind and the greatest mathematician of all time.

Yeah, when he was 60..

That's such a good joke it may last 10 whole goddamn minutes before google ruins it for you

Oiler was deaf

memed and double corrected in 3 words. you, my sir are a genius.

A few weeks ago I was reading about some well respected mathematician that was blind from birth. I forgot his name. He did a lot of geometry shit too.

He invented this special raster that made it easier for him to think about lines and figures.

Apparently he was pretty good too. The fact that he didn't have any visual intuition and instead relied solely on the axioms given to him, made him come up with some pretty interesting concepts.

Actually "eu" is a single, very basic, sound in many European languages that you anglo's simply can't pronounce. It's not "you". The whole thing about you pronouncing "[eu]ropa" as "[yu]rop" makes fun of this.