Dinosaurs

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_Star
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The jews encouraged race mixing

I blame japan

Emu claws are still pretty bad-ass, but climate changed killed most of the dinos.

Oh! I forgot half of the trolls on here do not believe in:

1. dinosaurs
2. climate change
3. evolution

So you might get some confused people by showing dinosaur pictures on Veeky Forums

>I forgot half of the trolls on here do not believe in
That's not how trolls work user. Trolls don't actually believe the things they say.

>That's not how trolls work user. Trolls don't actually believe the things they say.

k. stormfags or whatever.

People who say things you disagree with aren't necessarily trolls user

>People who say things you disagree with aren't necessarily trolls user

Agreed, user.

>disagree

Although...

Science is different than agreeing/disagreeing with some random speculation or opinion.

That's what distinguishes it from other soft fields such as philosophy and politics.

Shut the fuck up and discuss dinosaurs goddammit

>Shut the fuck up and discuss dinosaurs goddammit

Uh, I am looking forward to the revival of the Mammoth using CRISPR techniques from Harvard.

I was annoyed by this before too but with retarded normies the definition of the word changed, similar to the word "literally"

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally
: in effect : virtually —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible

Honestly if I didn't know that picture belonged to a bird I would've probably thought it was a dinosaur.

RKV hit the planet to sterilize it from sentient life.
The designers never knew some autistic faggot put his frozen semen on it and fiddled with the engine thrust numbers...

>the definition of the word changed
No, not the definition,
merely the usage by the illiterati.

>what happened to the dinosaurs

Climate change. Its real

>evolution
It's this meme again

Someone can remind me why we are broadcasting our location to the universe when RKVs are a thing ?
I'm sure the logic must be sound, i just don't remember it.

If they have the tech for RKV they have the tech to visit or at least observe us and sending out radio transimissons for initial contact would be the last of our behaviours to trigger action on their part.

Our short sighted cancerously destructive behaviours would prompt them to destroy us.

Dumb /x/tard.

Because of the Fermi Paradox
>"where the heck is everyone?"

No matter how closely we look, we don't see any other stars which are giving off signals like ours is. Sure it might be because everyone is hiding from each other, but it could also be because the nearest other life-bearing planet is 700 light years away and doesn't have anything more complex than a protozoa. Or maybe it had higher life forms, even intelligent life like 50 million years ago, but they have long since died out.

On a cosmic scale the universe would still be teeming with life, it's just that on our scale they'd be simply too far away for us to have to worry about space-colonialism.

Plus anything with the power to make a RKV would probably be powerful enough to ignore us and the resources sitting at the bottom of our gravity well when there are probably much more cost-effective places in the cosmos for robotic post-life to sustain itself.

Being able to fly and not being stupid as fuck happened to be more favorable traits and survived while the dumb big ones didn't survive.

>falling for the "birds are dinosaurs" meme

>ignore a potential existential threat
Why ?

>believing in phantoms
why?

>Plus anything with the power to make a RKV would probably be powerful enough to ignore us
Why ?

It won't be a mammoth. It will be a weird mammoth/African elephant hybrid thing.

>Plus anything with the power to make a RKV would probably be powerful enough to ignore us

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_Star

>The late 21st century seems like a good time to be alive. Earth is at peace. Humans now command self-replicating machines that create engineering marvels on enormous scales. Artificial habitats dot the solar system. Anti-matter driven Valkyrie rockets carry explorers to the stars at nearly the speed of light. All seems well.

>Then, from the uncaring black of space come swarms of relativistic missiles. Though they are merely boulder-sized hunks of metal, they move fast enough to hit with the force of many nuclear arsenals. They are impossible to track and impossible to stop. Humanity is all but wiped out by the horrific bombardment.[1]

>A handful of survivors desperately struggle to escape the alien mop-up fleet. They hide close to the sun, inside asteroids, beneath the crusts of moons, within ice rings, and in the fathomless depths of interstellar space. But most are hunted down and slaughtered.

>The last man and woman on Earth are captured as zoo specimens. In the belly of an alien starship, a squid-like being relates to them the pitiless logic behind human-kind's execution: the moment humans learned to travel at relativistic speeds was the moment mankind simply became too dangerous a neighbor to have around. Nothing personal.

better hope to christ we don't have galactic neighbors. odds are good they're all dead if they did exist, but still.

>Why ?
Because if you're society possesses the sophistication to launch relativistic bullets at planets in orbit around another star, that probably means it has the ability to extensively colonize space.

If you're some kind of robotic post-life looking for prime real estate, you'll probably want to travel to more energetic and mineral rich portions of the galaxy where the extra radiation wouldn't really bother you in the slightest. By comparison, Sol is in a rather sparsely populated backwater.

Also, lifting off of low gravity planets takes less energy than lifting off of high gravity planets. If you need water there are mountain sized chunks floating out there which wouldn't necessitate pulling heavy liquid water out of an Earth sized gravitational divot. If you need minerals there are places where you could mine them and then launch them into orbit with a glorified slingshot.

Do you care about the colony of termites living in the dead log somewhere in the woods behind your backyard?

Meteorite and 65 mil+ years of evolution

No you fucking retard, why would they ignore a low-tech intelligence and let it grow in peace, potentially allowing an existential threat to their species/hive-mind/postsophont shenanigans to grow unchallenged ?

> fucking retard,
The only fucking retard is the paranoid ape worried about "space white people" colonizing Earth, an astronomical event that would be unlike anything in Earth's history.

Space is huge and FTL is impossible. You're ignoring the scale of the cosmos. If the galaxy were teeming with life to the point where there might be a hostile alien species nearby, we'd probably damn well know about them by now. But our immediate neighborhood is a silent wilderness, not even so much as a blip in the radio spectrum indicating anything but white noise.

In the meantime, the number of species on Earth going the way of the dinosaurs are accelerating which we ignore because we're chasing spooks and finding creative new ways to guilt trip ourselves about our colonial past.

Birds existed at the same time as non-avian dinosaurs.

Birds that existed at that time likely evolved from smaller theropod dinosaurs. Descendants of these birds survived the mass extinction and diversified into the many types of birds that exist today, filling in the many niches that opened up after the extinction ended.

Meta bait

Climate cooling. Note: birds are warm blooded with warming feather coat. They also can fly to south in winter to get more warm.

Holy fucking shit, you're fucking dense.

Why would a multiplanetary presence would let a foreign intelligence grow into themselves a multiplanetary presence and so allow the possibility for an existential thread to arise that is so easily snuffed out through a relativistic bomb while they are still bound to a single celestial body, expanding energy that would have to be expanded anyway to stripmine the planet of any useful element ?

I don't see how you'd STILL answer another question, i tried to make the question as detailled an unambiguous and as little confusing ( BUT WHERE WAS THE CONFUSION IN THE FIRST PLACE ).

>FTL is impossible
But it's not, not at all. It's a very real thing.

The scientifical consensus is that it is not. So shut up meme/sci/.

Holy fucking shit, you're a fucking jerkoff. Try to stay civilized, here.

>Why would a multiplanetary presence would let a foreign intelligence grow into themselves a multiplanetary presence and so allow the possibility for an existential thread to arise that is so easily snuffed out through a relativistic bomb while they are still bound to a single celestial body, expanding energy that would have to be expanded anyway to stripmine the planet of any useful element ?
Why do you assume that they would think like a human and be subject to petty human jealousies?

Why do you assume that there is even one close by when there is not the slightest shred of evidence for the existence of nearby "civilizations"?
>they're hiding
literally paranoid conspiracy-tier. First contact will not be like Star Trek, organics meeting other organics in their ships fueled by unobtanium, it will be nothing at all like humans meeting other humans who are 500 to 1,000 years less advanced and therefor ripe for extermination

if you make some pretty big assumptions, and even then it's no guarantee that it'll be practical enough for building space empires