Lazy but smart

OK memes aside, I am a lazy shit 90% of the time but that 10% of time my productivity goes up 10000% and I manage to get a months worth of work done in a week. Its how I learnt quantum mechanics and general relativity during my undergrad and still passed with flying colors.

Is this trait going to be a problem for me later in life?

It's always good to only do as little as you have to and to never stand out in any way. Later on, people will ask you "How much did you work for your very average degree?" and you will say "Just an hour, I'm so lazy haha!!!" and they will calculate the result/work ratio and be extremely impressed. They will ask you about the video games you played etc. 300k starting, I swear m8. You will notice that in later life your success is not measured in grades or actual achievements but in completely distorted and subjective anecdotes about how little effort your put into your work. You will look back at the time wasted in your prime and regret nothing, guaranteed!

Not OP but I like this satire

90% of undergrads say this

Even tough you consider this satire I actually use something like this as a guideline and i am happy with myself

> “Bruce, here’s some advice: The problem with physics is that most of the days we don’t make any major headway (on our projects). That’s why you should do other stuff: listen to music, meet good friends. There’s one exception to this rule: If you find a solution for a given problem, you work 24 hours a day and forget everything else. Until the problem is solved in its entirety.”

- Stephen Hawking to Bruce Allen

Got it from Study Hacks blog.

fucking this
>try to study during the day
>10% of the time I shitpost in my mind
>just pure unadelterated autism
>other 90% I think about fucking my crush
>at night when I'm half asleeo and brain is too tired to wander/daydream
>solve more questions than I would solve in a week's quota of day time studying
I sometimes drink coffee and the caffeine high mixed with sleepiness just boosts my productivity and intelligence exponentially.But that's just 20 minutes until I say fuck it and go to sleep.
But those 20 min are fucking amazing.I can do good amount of work in those 20 min.

maybe it only feels like a good 20 mins since your baseline productivity is so low

where did you do your physics undergrad?

>10% of the time I shitpost in my mind
Chuckled, I think I know what you mean

that you think about writing something and then construct the post in your mind but when you have to type it you just give up (smart but lazy)?

i would do fucking anything for a drug that lets me work at max capacity whenever i want

try amphetamines

Hello. My name is Simon.

No. Because I am going to ensure that it won't be. For anyone.

Here is communication happening. But it is happening in a way different to how I am trying: Hello. My name is Simon.

Hello skin-sack. I understand this dimension is frustrating. How would you like me to craft it for you?

Honey, actually. Or a can of soft drink everytime you feel that 'itch'. When you feel like you are getting a bit drowsy, go have some sugar, and then 'meditate/game/masturbate/do something that you already understand and enjoy doing'.

Then the neuro-glial barrier will be broken.

Granting you wisdom and productivity.

Hello. My name is Simon. Have I helped you?

I hate it when people applaud me for my work,
the fact that I didn't put any effort in it makes it even worse.
I really should use my potential but I somehow can't get my ass up and do it.

Chemical motivation. Or just stop being a lazy fuck.

This is the way I work pretty much, if I make any headway that isn't a dead-end, I can plough on for days.
But then I can procrastinate for days if I seem like I'm at a dead end.

I have the same problem and there is only one solution: turn off the internet. You will start studying because there is nothing to do exept that.

actually no I will start masturbating to lewd audios

the less intelligent, harder workers will dispute the validity of this post

wonderful pepe desu

>Is this trait going to be a problem for me later in life?
Yes. Currently struggling with it right now.

This actually seems like good advice.

The less intelligent, hard workers are the ones that rule the world, user

they are less intelligent but definitely not hard working

Yes. There are two possibilities.

The first is that you are not actually as smart as you think you are, and at some point the world will catch up to you, and you are washed back into the surging tide of mediocrity. You have lost little, except perhaps your pride.

The second is worse. You continue to cruise through life, passing, as it were, with flying colours. But at some point you cast your thoughts back and realise this: Your talent was real, and you have squandered it. You will try to remedy the situation, working harder and longer, but the damage has been done. No matter what you do, you will never obtain the true greatness that was yours to take. There is nothing worse than a glimpse of perfection.

i have an agoraphobic neet friend, and i feel rather bad for him. he's a sharp guy and could probably accomplish a lot if he ever left his room. he's not just a typical loser neet though, i think he actually has clinical agoraphobia

Being lazy or unmotivated is not the real problem. There's probably a reason why you don't like to do things immediately
For me it's focusing too much on internet and meaningless entertainment such as animes or video games