How far is secret black budget science ahead of regular "science"?

How far is secret black budget science ahead of regular "science"?

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you.

You should go into tech consulting if you want to find out more about that subject.

The budgets are much, much bigger for national projects, so the tech (not sure about science specifically) is amazing.

Data centers being spun up, drones intercepting phone calls, and all that other cool shit that has been brought to the attention of the public after Snowden caused a stir.

remember Tesla anti-gravity, wireless free energy?
welp, they achieved that back 100 years ago

remember The Jetsons (fusion power, antigravity)?
welp, they achieved that back in the 60s

remember Back 2 Future (fusion power, time machines, antigravity)?
welp, they achieved that back in the 80s

I-Is this true?

About 1/2 of our science funding is in military research, which is classified and not published.

It is true but it is more of a big dick advantage rather than a black advantage.

And the other advantage is that if your tiny white dick cums in your wife then 5 hours later it will barely reach the womb so when tyrone comes in, his dick will actually clean and remove your semen from her vagina. This is an actual thing, google it.

>going past the cervix

that's awfully painful, are you a big gal?

So do you think they do basic research or just development? I mean could there be nobel price tier discoveries that are kept secret?

Possibly, the Nobel prize is peanuts compared to the wealth and power you can obtain by playing your cards right.

Happens all the time in muh anime, so it must be fine.

the shadow doesn't even make sense
t. artfag

those are tentacles and monstercocks though

That would imply that, in a society of promiscuous mating, those with bigger dicks would have a massive advantage, leading to progressively bigger dicks being selected.
Really makes me think.

Nuh-uh, I've read illustrated scientific articles where it was a normal anime cock and the girl was saying it was hitting the wall of her womb. It must be true.

There is a ton of basic research done. Just look back to Los Alamos 70 years ago. We are spending more of our GDP on military science research than we were even then.

Hell, I wouldn't be half surprised to find out the military has CERN-sized particle accelerators kept completely secret.

normies think cern was the first to discover the higgs

lmaoing rn

If I told you the NSA guys would have to put in overtime find and detain everyone that read my post...and I'm not a dick.

I'd tell you how matte materials work but then I'd have to charge you for lectures.

This. If someone is going to that length they should at least match the shadow angle with the rest of the shadows.

I bet someone pointed it out to him and he felt like a real dumb ass for not realizing.

How do you know it's a shadow though?

Give us that roleplay voodoo user.

It isn't a shadow, it is photoshop.

come on homie
even though it's not true i still like it

like a spooky story around a fireplace.

>How far is secret black budget science ahead of regular "science"?
For very narrow specialized fields like stealth and signal analysis the answer is very far. These are also highly classified.

In most other fields military stuff is typically using COTS and thus relies on civilian tech. Back in the day aerospace drove tech. Not so the last 20 years.

Generally speaking tech is not secret. What they actually DO with the tech is what is secret.

With that budget they better have something more cool than top tier radar and planes.

You have no idea of the suction power in the tax payer pump that is Lockheed Martin.

I know. I have been in the aerospace/defence business, in a small company but sufficient to know that F-35 will just keep on sucking moohlas for a long, long time to come. The days of Kelly Johnson are long gone.

What would the military have to gain from basic research? I would guess they're interested in weapons technology, i.e. robots, railguns, etc. They have nothing to gain by looking for fundamental particles or dark matter.

are there such things as briefcase nukes? or only in the movies?

i'm sure there are many results and findings that will never get published. "black budget science" would naturally build on public scientific knowledge, and with a large enough budget, it's bound to be ahead in one way or another.

DARPA aims far and the tech advantage was important to keep the edge over the Soviet Union.

What is basic research one day is unreliable high tech the next and commonly available tech after that. The transistor is just one of many examples.

Classified compounds which extremely improve cognition, memory, and libido exist. Some authors hint at this and many scientific papers have been written suggesting the effects on society if they were released.

>making shit up

>being this retarded
The memory drug is an ampakine, an analog likely of cx-717 which in itself is classified. It's not active in the microgram range. That's all the information I have.

Discover it yourself and fuck everything up by releasing it if you're so smart.

I've heard rumors you can recall an hour worth of text effortlessly even after the drug leaves your body,

Here's a cool anecdote.

Back in the 70s when computers where coming out, IBM invented DES, they sent it over to Uncle Sam, who said "Hey that's pretty cool, we made a couple changes". The changes the government made, became of the algorithm. The scientific community debated for years whether or not the algorithm was comprised by the government, but no one could figure out what the addition actually did. After 20 years the scientific community discovered a new type of attack on encryption, which solved the mystery code in DES; the government had added protection against this type of attack. So, it took the scientific community 20 years to catch up to the government.

So where do they recruit from? I wager there must be an awful lot of experts working to produce a 20 year gap, but then the education system only produces a limited amount of those people.

Well, you can do academia and fight for just enough funding to hire a phd student to do the work you want to, and have then fuck around teaching and being petty to other professors. Or you could work for the military and have an unilimited budget, and get paid much better. Pretty lucrative deal.

Is that what Knuth has been doing for all these decades? Little shit was designing govt control and blew away to complete the most important CS book ever written

If that was true, wouldn't it be possible to estimate the size of the shadow science sector vaguely, by comparing the number of graduates to the number of individuals that publish or are working in a publicly recognized institution?

No, because some parts of work are still done by members of academia,
Or companies like LHM, or NG

OR

Someone could talk to me. Because, I guess, my name is Veeky Forumsmon.

*sigh* whilst I enjoy this dance, I am just trying to invite everyone into eternity.

It's no more advanced than "regular" science.

Hello. My name is science.

Very, very... very far.

Science / (Black + White) - Budget = non-integer attainable

Science = Art = Communication.

Hello. Name is Simon. How are you doing today?

Not him but I too have heard stories of classified compounds improving cognition and memory. That part about libido is new to me but then again there are stories about research on compounds to make the enemy homosexual (No, seriously).

Defence is very interested in these things which is how they arrived at the go and no go pills.

NSA is said to be the single largest employer of mathematicians in the US. More about this on Wiki.

stupid attention whore, what are you trying to achieve

what is this autism

an attention whore trying to force himself as a meme, hes posting in many threads, once he gets banned he will calm down

He wants those sweet sweet (You)s

Hi. My name is Simon.

I am not a meme, I am a HUMAN

seriously, dont act like a retard, what youre doing is strictly against the rules, stop now and i wont report you

hello simon

probably a lot like independence day

It's powered by Dark Matter, which distorts its shadow in normal space-time.

>ITT:scaremongering

really? not much. i mean there are couple advances here and there (muh radhard) , but it's mostly because industry is too stubborn and is more focused on quarterly reports.

ffs M1 still uses gas turbine with like 750g/KWh BSFC at lower speeds

Ask Noam Chomsky

How can I work for Darpa i want to make death machines, power armor, energy weapons, space craft and droids

Some areas the military is decades ahead, others at parity or even behind industry. The coolest thing about the black budget is how money exchanges hands. Its mostly real estate transfers and then using the profits from the sale to fund the R&D there are other ways to of course that I haven't heard/read about.The issue with research is that most of the findings cannot be published due to China/Russia stealing tech.

>tfw you will never be the guy working for ARPA in the sixties that became the first person to shitpost on network technology

The army is ages behind in Resting techonolgy

the usual marine works like 20 hours a day

i can chill in my bed while watching an anime and playing videogames at the same time, meanwhile an automatic fleshlight takes care of my needs

the army will never reach that level of comfyness

4u

I know of at least 1 trillion wasted

0.1 step ahead.

Germany never would've been able to win the war conventionally. The super weapons were the right direction but most of them just happened to be shit. If all the ressources had been flown into a nuclear program germany would've won. Fuck, with v2 germany even had the potential to create intercontinental carrier systems.

Does anyone else worry about the fact that our governments have to keep so much of it a secret? Is that really the sign of a healthy society run by well-intentioned people?

when did they achieve trolling?

You're right about BTTF - that was the 80s. The Jetsons was "achieved" by Hanna-Barbera in the 70s though, not the 60s.

You gonna do something about it?
I hate being a defeatist, but there's nothing we can do, considering that most of America is retarded. And desu I would be doing the same shit if I were in their position.

N-nani?

>nothing to gain by looking for fundamental particles or dark matter
>nothing to gain
>military
>fundamental particles or dark matter

The only worrisome black science project is, honestly, a superintelligence. But, we probably would be in literal armageddon if that happened, so I don't think it has, yet.

I'd like a race of hyper intelligent criminals desu. This place would turn into Fallout in an instant and it'd be like the wild west.

Probably not much at all. If you don't share and collaborate, then you're probably not doing very good work. In addition to this, the researchers are motivated by money, and only working on defence shit... So probably not doing very good work.

I want believe!

Are there any details about this addition?

I wish this was true.

Doesn't dark matter explode really heard when having conact with normal matter, or was it anti-matter?

Anti

It annihilates in contact with normal matter and releases a fuckton of energy.

about one hundred sciences ahead

It should be noted that Antimatter is pretty much impossible to store and hard to create, though.

However, a 2 ton Antimatter explosive ordinance (1 ton antimatter and 1 ton reactionary matter) would have an explosive force of 43 gigatons.

>work for darpa
>space craft

yeah nukes would be so useful for germany with literally 0 control over even their own skies

You need a minimum fissile mass

The smallest one ever constructed was still 50 pounds - not a suitcase, but a variant was designed that could fit in a large, bulky backpack. That said it had an adjustable yield of 10 to 250 tons TNT equivalent, not exactly a city destroyer compared even to the modest 20,000 ton weapons deployed in WWII, let alone the 50,000,000 ton ICBM mega dicks

how can i darpa, i want to make the best killing machines

do i need phd??? :D

undwearated

They probably used micro - mini nukes on the 2 large wtc towers. Some of the sites supporting that theory go into detail on yields (down to .01 kt back in the 50's), composition and assorted parameters such as radiation and heat output but obviously only what has already been declassified is known for sure and who knows where they are with that tech today but a frightening prospect. Another aspect of the wtc nuke theory is that since the above ground test ban all detonations have been subterranean and much science has been compiled there as well with the basic theory being the wtc nukes were shaped straight up being buried in the granite bases of the towers or at least a sub basement area.

>This program produced (partial list) the following information for a regular 0.01 kt yields, air ignition: Fireball max light radius = 25.4 meters, Max time light pulse width = 0.011 seconds, Max fireball airburst radius = 10.6 meters, Time of max temperature = 0.0032 seconds, Area of rad. exposure = 0.12 sq. miles; Blast wave Effects: Overpressure = 5 lb/sq. inch (160 mph) radius = 0.09 km, 1 lb/sq. inch radius = 0.26 km; Underground ignition: Crater diameter = 56 feet with a Richter magnitude of 3.52.

If they would've had nukes during the battle for brittain the UK would've fallen.

>nukes in 1940
nigga how do you propose that would have happened? even if germany spent all it's avalible resources and scientist on it it wouldn't amount to anything compared to the manhattan project and would have to be done in a lot less time

Nice shoop, the black triangle meme is a classic psyop. The government doesn't have secret nuclear-powered antigravity triangles. That would imply not just tech but SCIENCE that's decades to centuries ahead of what the rest of the world has been able to manage, and they've had it for decades.

Really, that's just some fucking kool-aid.

What if they got the tech from aliums?

Even if "they" did have secret black tech N decades ahead of conventional tech, what does it matter?

I mean look at the RSA algorithm guys, that algo was developed by some NSA dude years before they did but does anyone remember his name? no.

>Black triangle craft don't exist, the government doesn't have any programs like that and even if they did the science to create me- i mean, it, doesn't exist yet. So stop posting about it

I'm on to you, triangleposter

I doubt they could keep it secret. They couldn't keep nukes or really anything secret from the Russians or Chinese. It's a nice psyop and I guess many americans sleep better thinking those trillions of debt-bucks are being spent on the USA having some sort of UFO factory and that explains all the UFOs.

why does it matter that your name is remembered? I'd honestly be fine with the money and lack of fame. Then people can't bother me and I'm rich as hell.

Nice photoshop

If you're famous in your field you stand a better chance of getting funding, tenure, exceptional students and workers under you, etc..

All of this doesn't matter a damn outside of academia, of course. But inside it matters a good deal.

A guy I used to share an office with worked on a DARPA funded project. He built neural networks that were modeled after the human visual cortex and used to classify objects. This is the type of stuff that now goes into drones. Everything he did was under embargo for two years. After that, results were free to be published. So to answer the question: they're about two years ahead. But that's assuming that academic working in the field don't develop the same algorithms, which they are.

The ruskies and chinamen might know about it, dosen't make it non existant

a key conclusion of the Project Condign report was that no attempt should be made on the part of civilian or RAF Air Defence aircraft to outmaneuver these objects except to place them astern to mitigate the risk of collision

www.google.com/search?q=black+triangle+ufo
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/SearchPhotos/photo.pl?mission=STS61C&roll=31&frame=2

It's very obvious.

Given that we've now all seen the CIA declassified documents, it's fairly safe to say that secret black budget science is not as good as we give them credit for.