Do professors go easy on girls in STEM?

Do professors go easy on girls in STEM?

ya
my gen bio prof promised to spare my gpa so that i can go to med school

If STEM includes biology and chemistry then no because that would be half the class.

Yes

Despite the memes girls in CS in particular take the babby road to graduation and onward

Did you suck his dick for it?

yes, girls in graduate programs are also given easier projects and everyone in the lab helps them out. that's why pretty much no one can finish a phd in 4 years unless they have a vagina.

These girls look incredibly unpleasant. Ugly enough for ramped up bitch mode for social careering but not ugly enough to be shunned.

They can go (in comparsion to males) really hard, really easy, the same.

I would say on average they get by easier, but the varience is much higher.

In my experience (Ph.D. in biological sciences), no, they don't.

I rememeber a professor who would, every day, ask the female students how they were, if they were struggling, etc.

But then at the end of the semester that very same professor still failed them all. (Fun fact: Only males passed Calculus 2 in my group).

I don't think that professor was corrupt. I just think that she sees value in encouraging women. If she was corrupt then out of nowhere you would see these struggling girls out of nowhere pass at the end of the semester.

I think often they do. One of the more pronounced times from my personal experience was during our Gen Chem lab practical. one of the girls didn't know how to even start so she just started crying. the professor actually started explaining what she needed to do and how to proceed.

QUADSSSSSSSS

I tend to go a little easier on women in my classes, but only slightly, and I've never changed a grade for a student that I was also sleeping with.

Lets just assume no and move on with our lives.

Its for the best.

best for the female students

Sexual dichotomy will always stay the same if you don't give women some head start

Nice post

Maybe they don't deserve a head start if they want equality. Maybe they deserve the same liability and difficulty as men.

Or, perhaps we should validate that they need help because they are lesser, and impose limitations for them based on that. But this pretending that they are equal when clearly the vast majority of them are not is not working for men, whom suddenly have to struggle even harder, while the pampered class gets all the benefits of the winner sized steak and the benefits of being unable to lose.

I'm all for female equality. The worthwhile women will rise, the failures will fall through no institutional oppression but nature itself, and they'll be forced to look at themselves in the mirror. As inferiors.

>implying TAs don't grade exams

Not in physics at least. At least I can say that it's not about the professors. It's really about their peers who go into beta orbit mode and some extracurricular stuff ("How to do x as a woman"). In the end you need to write the exams on your own though, so it's not a huge advantage you have as a girl.

You now realise they're half the class only because their teachers have gone easy on them.

The amount of favouritism shown towards attractive undergrad girls in my department is fucking ridiculous.

I'm an attractive male gradstudent so naturally I'm friends with all the attractive undergrad girls and they tell me every time a faculty member does things for them that they don't give to other students (most of them are good people and don't like all the unfair advantages they're getting).

It's fucking ridiculous, everything from outright changing their grad to giving them extra opportunities (especially RAs etc.) that they don't give other students. For example one of the girls were failing so the prof. told her she could write a sick test and he will replace her worst mid-term grade with this score if it's good enough to get her exam entrance. Literally his next meeting with a male student with the exact same grade he told him to fuck off and failed him on the spot.

And then they backtrack after I confront them. One of the fags here has also cancelled a meeting with me once to meet with an undergrad girls. Disgusting pervs should be fired.

My adviser treats all his students fairly at least. Then you also have profs who only take in attractive females students and like one male to avoid suspicion kek.

Stop fucking your students jesus christ.

>tfw receiving an email from the university finding out a tenured male professor has been fired and is being investigated by the police for fucking a female student

There is justice after all.

The worst thing about my department is that they are all old, married or ugly who would never get to fuck the undegrads regardless of how much favours and alcohol they feed them.

We have one relatively attractive married male faculty member and he doesn't do any of that shit.

>Maybe they don't deserve a head start if they want equality. Maybe they deserve the same liability and difficulty as men.
The goal is to make population more proficient, not childishly deciding who is right or wrong

>Or, perhaps we should validate that they need help because they are lesser
I think the movement leaders, and influential figures already do
But stating that they are inferior isn't going to motivate them into studying more and trying to become the best person they can be

>Hoyle is alleged to have set up a second meeting with the same student in his office a few days later, when he again said it was his choice to report her for academic misconduct and asked if she could "suggest anything" about what they could "do instead".

>The student was confused, court documents said, and too frightened to say anything in case Hoyle failed her or had her thrown out of university, as he touched her inappropriately, kissed her and then raped her twice.

Seems like it was a bit more than favouritism though

You can always report them for misconduct if you don't mind starting a shit storm

I'm an r9k acolyte but i've never seen it. If anything I think some lecturers went east on me because they have met my dad

what department are you? Because I'm in maths and stats and no one helps any undergrad students really that I see. The only difference I see is that girls tend to ask for help more outside of hours.

Wow. That guy is a fucking retard, but also I doubt it's true that he actually raped her or she could have him jailed don't give me this bullshit that she thought he could have her thrown out of uni when she knew she could have him in jail any time. Also "kissing" and "touching" wouldn't even be relevant enough to mention if rape was involved.

>You can always report them for misconduct if you don't mind starting a shit storm
When I find out about these things I threaten to report them first and they always backtrack and stop what they were doing. By now half the faculty fucking hates me or fears me kek. Basically only have good relationships with the dean, my adviser, and the female faculty left.

He's also accused of doing it to 5 other female students. The kicker is he was a law professor lmao.

Given the context, I assume by rape they mean that she was pressured into sex to make sure she didn't fail and then regretted it. But I only looked this whole thing up after this thread reminded me so I've really got no idea.
Don't forget that teenage/early 20s girls are retarded.

>By now half the faculty fucking hates me or fears me kek.
Might be a good idea to have something on record in case they try and fuck you over imo

Cheme

And don't really care about them they are all sub-par researchers who aren't in my field and I'm leaving this year anyway.

Faculty has far less power over students' lives in general than people believe.

Yes, I have 2 stories.

I crushed the first 3 years of my EE degree. My advisor offered me a position on his project, which was exactly my area of personal interest and talent. When I came back after summer break, he had given the position to a female friend of mine who wasn't interested in the position, she just wanted to drink and finish her degree. She did a half ass job for 6 months for the salary, then quit. Motorola fired her after 2 years also, and she was hired at 20k over my offer at a different company, despite my credentials being far superior.

Second, since I didn't the research spot, I got hired for a teaching spot in the remedial freshman math program. Undergrad math and engineering majors, called "tutors", taught classes in a supposedly self-taught program. The cute girls were routinely given much more partial credit and "accidently" not down graded for errors. There were a number of tutors who gave example copies of the exams to female students they liked. Even then, their pass rates were below males.

Is Biology and Chemistry not a part of Science?

I'm studying biology and its not half

its 80%

Mirin slice of life lifestyle you have.

is that a legitimate question

Some do, others just don't care.

To be fair. When I mark work done by attractive students I have to consciously force myself to be objective. When I start trying to find justifications for partial credit they don't deserve I look at what I gave for other students with similar answers before I actually do it.

TAs grade all our non exams(quizzes, hw, projects) and the professors and TAs get together to grade midterms and finals(each professor will only grade a few questions). I don't think there is any room for them to skew thing at the UG level

>The goal is to make population more proficient, not childishly deciding who is right or wrong
How does promoting incompetent female engineers make the population more proficient?

Being a woman really is life on easy mode

I hate women so fucking much holy shit

Males always win in the end because they're smarter so who cares

It's fair.

yeah, engineering is a shit show. female and black students were notorious for having a much easier time finding jobs and getting higher salary offers despite having worse grades and little/no experience.

when i grade i only score the full or nearly full credit exams/homework. all the fucked up ones i set aside, then i group them based on similarity/severity of the fuck up, and give similar or identical grades.

>tfw black woman

same desu

makes my blood boil. i swear i will never be happy unless i am in an all male class. every single female makes me angry.

>makes my blood boil. i swear i will never be happy unless i am in an all male class. every single female makes me angry.

>mfw it used to be like this until feminism came along

I want to genocide feminists. Someone please join me.

i just want females to be in separate classes from men. its so disgusting to watch the other guys try to help the girls like they are daffodils. and to hear their dumbass fucking questions. they don't even read the textbook and waste everyone's time and patience with their nonsense. but they are purdy so we should be kind to them. fuck this shit man. this is supposed to be a learning environment. im in a 400 level course and i thought this shit would end after first year.

they should be in separate classes but they could still be in the same university.

LOL

In the long run
Stop pretending you don't understand what I mean

according to some girls in my master's program, my thesis advisor doesn't like female students

Don't worry Anons, having those females in your class will make your class more diverseĀ® and will change your mindset for the better. Trust me :^)

AHHAHAHAH LOL AT RETARDEDE BETAS WHO CANT GET DEM DAT DER UMMM(yeah very nice superior) SWEET ASS PUSSY OF THE GOOD ORGASM BRINGING SEX all the while adquiring GOD TIER INTELLECT and ALPHA MALE PHYSIQUE
This thread in a nutshell: wahhh fucking waahhh why dont women love me?

That was rotten bait.

>wahhh fucking waahhh why dont women love me?
There is a difference between whining about "fucking roasties" and resenting less capable/incompetent women for getting an easier ride.

nice projection faggot

i get lots of women of all types. but i treat them as they are, women - not men. grow a spine faggot. they have no place in university.

Yes

Was it a legitimate bj

no because they give off the impression that they think they will pass by looking pretty. unless they showed they were trying for example sitting in the front and trying to pay attention, theres no real way for them to pass without studying.

yeah they only help out people who look like theyre trying. it just so happens the girl looked like she was trying and the guy wasnt.

how is it a crime if shes over 18? fake story or the school is bullshitting you and at most he was fired.

why would the police be investigated? presumably the student is over the age of 18?

oh i didnt know it was a rape case. sorry to hear.

Not professors, but the beta cucks from the classes. I know these guys, they spend entire afternoons helping girls with their homework for free, only to get a "thank youuuuu" in return and then never hearing from her until she needs help again. So pathetic. These guys actually think they're getting somewhere with her.

We had a physics professor do it to every female physics student that was in the program (small university). They would all go into the honours project with him as well as he offered spots to them and the highest achieving male.

In mathematics, I and others were asked to help tutor a female student in the class... Who the tutor gave praise to in the tutorials... The problem with this was, the tutor made it out to be that she was getting 100% on every assignment when she was only getting 50% or so. So we hadn't thought that she was borderline failing until the professor mentioned to us that she was. The tutor tried to play it cool... :\

I haven't noticed any women being given any advantages.
Though I was required to take a "technical writing" class for my CS program which involved writing short and concise papers that were to be peer-reviewed.
I was paired with a guy from the Philippines and the dude had abhorrent writing skills. I totally expected a total lack of grammar and maybe some spelling errors, but there was no fluency to his written sentences, or any logical tie-ins to the rest of his overall goal of his papers.
I would've been happy with my C's and B's because I fucking hate writing, but this guy got A's on his pieces of shit.
fuck me man

Why is this illegal? Aren't college students past the age of consent? In most countries a professor could fuck whoever he wants to, as long as he can prove that it doesn't affect his grading. usually solved by letting someone else grade the exams, which is something professors usually do already.

See
He allegedly forced her to under threat of expulsion

Why?

It's every fat 50 year old white's dream to impregnate a 19 year old Asian girl.

That's how the world works. The circle of Academiaaaaaaaaaa

>Asian
Yeah, you lost me there. Asians are ugly as fuck. Unless they're from Vietnam.

Literally every guy who has been in a STEM class knows the male teachers let the women off easy.

At my old physics PhD program--definitely. And I'd say about 3/4 of them need it (the other 1/4 are super on their shit)

>tfw there are no black women on Veeky Forums

There is no babby road in CS faggot. It's the most rigorous program in college. Choke on a dick faggot.

Is physics not more rigorous?
t. curious guy

>take all the SE courses
>graduate with baby project for making a android app for some phd student who needa a demonstrator
>hehe CS is suuuper mathematical
Don't pretend this isnt what most CS students do, most graduates think that the pumping lemma is black magic

CS has maybe one software engineering module.
CS isn't about programming.
t. graduated CS and cannot code.

>maybe one
That depends on the university
t. CS graduate who has to TA this kind of people

What about CS students who works with formal semantics and verification?

kek i had a friend like that. he wised up and was salty about it but i always gave him shit for it.

They are a minority, my classes on that were always very empty, while the SE modules had problems finding a room to fit all students into. And to stay on the OP: the formal methods courses were white males only.

A friend of mine too, so we kind of started bullying him and calling him a beta cuck IRL. He tries to defend his actions in front of us but we just laugh at him.

sounds like a yes to me

Yeah I agree with that, I seem to be one of the few interested in the formal verification aspect of CS.

Generally no.
But there was this one TA we had, he could be explaining something to you and a girl would ask something and he'd IMMEDIATELY move over to her. I mean, he'd just walk off, as if he literally couldn't see you anymore. Weird dude.

It's not that weird if you imagine him having never gotten laid.

I'm a gril in college trying to get a degree in CS. As far as I've seen I don't think I've ever been shown favoritism by faculty. I think female students do tend to ask for help more though if they need it.

I am shown favoritism by other male students though. They come rushing to help me or even try to do homework or large portions of projects for me. I hate group work for this reason because I don't learn anything if I don't do it myself.

He was a doctoral student....

Just because you're a trap doesn't mean you're an actual girl user.

I'm a Physics major / CS minor at Cornell. The CS curriculum is essentially:
- babby proof class (RSA, probability, etc.)
- algo (kind of hard)
- functional programming (kind of hard)
- PL
The rest is pushing bits around (C, etc.)

Yes.

>graduated CS and cannot code
that means either you are retarded or you went to a shit university. Probably both

I can't imagine how this will fuck you over one day.

there's no justice in this world

>this means yes

Breach of duty of care, maybe? I could only see that being a civil thing, though.

>implying PL isn't witchcraft, along with the halting problem

Yes, my 400 level class in comsci had a girl who didn't know how to make a for loop. She was one of the two girls, so failing her would mean the school had a 50% female fail rate and the feminists wouldn't like that.

how, though? i took one CS class and it was enough to write the code for a lid driven cavity 5 years later.