I'm in STEM because I want to make lots of money

>I'm in STEM because I want to make lots of money

> Too dumb to enter medicine, law, finance, accounting, economics.

I'm in STEM because I have no social skills and want to make decent money

>tfw went business and never looked back
Worth

STEM isn't about the money. its about the perks.

I got into STEAM because I want to change the world

I got on steam to buy cheap games.

> I'm in STEM because other fields were boring and often shallow

Fixed that for you

You must be CS/Math. Being a scientist requires social skills.

Imagine my surprise when modern science is done through conference and collaborations. You need to be affable while still aggresively promoting your theory. Like sales.

Study statistics and invest in some good shit. Profit later.

Underrated

I'm gonna invest most of the money I will get through stem and when I have enough I will become a neet

But all but 2 of those is STEM

Agreed, people who study a STEM subject (excluding medicine) are all a bunch of brainlets.

>Agreed, people who study a STEM subject (excluding medicine) are all a bunch of brainlets.

>lots of money
How about
>decent job prospects and enough money to survive
That's basically why I went into engineering.

I got in steam because math grills are qt

>Got M.Sc in physics
>Ph.D. student
>thought i can just hide in the lab/office all day and do cool shit like a crazy scientist
>it's all about conference talks, posters, guiding master students, collecting quotations for repairs of lab equipment and ordering new stuff
it's still fun but i dunno

I got into engineering because I am a man of logic. I'm a thinker and I like to just tinker with the world around me. Honestly, I don't care about the money as long as I am able to be one of the few human beings who get to know what it's like to be a god. Just creating anything to my hearts desire. It's truly incredible.

CS students fuck and cum in their computers

CS student here, I also fuck and cum in your computer

>tips fedora*

>I got into engineering because I am a man of autism.
ftfy

>accounting
>science

overrated

Loled

rated just right

law doen't pay well unless you go to a big ivy or selective private college tbqh

noname state school will get you a job as a paralegal tho

>I got into engineering because I was told that's what a good son does and sold on the pipe dream it'd be doing interesting things in school and working for some madman blowing billions on foundries and designing popsci tier applications

>I hate it and have autism and can't socialize and I haven't had more than a three-sentence conversation with another human being in weeks and don't like any of the work even though I can do it and this is still lower-divsion and I can already tell I'm going to hate my job but school costs too much to quit without pulling through os you can pay your loan overlords.

>I got into engineering because I like to tinker with the world around me

boy are you in for a surprise

math, retard

yeah and what are you gonna do about it?

Idk man, my neighbor graduated from william boyd and he literally makes >300k/yr as a top attorney for the local electric company. All he does for them is corporate law.

I'm in engineering because I was tired of working with incompetent coworkers who got there by having friends in management. Retarded people can bullshit many jobs, but engineering is tough to fake. Those types tend to get into management where they are constantly a nervous wreck due to the fact of how easily replaceable they are.

> too dumb for finance, economics or accounting

Haha, as if I would lower myself to pretend science or doing people taxes.

>OP is an autistic gay "intellectual" man that wants to silently criticize people on what they want to major in
Y'know that some 3rd worlders actually want to live the American Dream(tm) by getting into STEM right?

Also anybody can do Applied Math and under since you need the autism shit to get into Pure Math or real Philosophy (the only shit you need to be really special).

Does anybody know how salaries translate?
In the USA you see 100.000+$ for PhD holding people to be a thing, but you'll rarely find 70.000€ starting jobs.

How are the taxes, how expensive are daily products? How to compare this?