How does Veeky Forums plan their studies?

How does Veeky Forums plan their studies?

>inb4 pulling an all nighter

Usually I study 3 hours a day and use the last one to see what I saw the day before.

I do this for a week and on saturday, I re examinate only my notes for what is more important on that week.

On next week, I do the same except that on the next saturday, I re exam what I studied that week and the week before. The problem is getting motivated by the end of the week.

What abuot you guys?

What the fuck are you studying that requires 3 hours of study a day?
You're either dangerously dedicated or way out of your depth bro.
Do you have a social life or what?

I go to bed early and wake up at 4AM and then drink espresso.

I have alwyas studied like this desu.

In fact, I used to study even more. But slowly I understood that quantity don't translates in quality.

And is not that I study 4 hours non-stop.

Usually I study 2 or 3 hours, and then another one or two.

No social life.

You start studying at 4AM?

>examinate

I thought most normies spend 3+ hours studying every day? Or are they just lying?
I'm studying engineering so all I do is read the material we have to cover in the textbooks and do the questions given in the classes and in the textbook. About 2 hours each day. Stopped taking notes after first year since they were a waste of time for me.

Well when you're taking 17-19 credits of math and science, it makes sense to study 3 hours a day. Doesn't mean I don't get fucked up from 9pm to 4am on Friday and Saturday though.

All nighter the night before. Often after skipping class all week. Works for everything except grad level classes.

Yes, In fact I generally wake up then. It's just the way my sleep schedule has been for years.

This usually works the best for me. It helps that I actually go to lecture and have a vague idea of what I need to study.

The problem is keeping pace.

Monday and Tueday are easy because you have Sunday to recover.

The problem is keeping pace the rest of the week.

Sometimes I stard to daydream in the middle of the study and no matter what I do, I can't go back.

Are you doing any exercises?

I used go sleep at 4AM. Would study until this time ( from like 11PM until 4AM) and then I would sleep until like 9AM. It was the most peaceful time to study (everybody was sleeping) but it was taking a toll on my healthy.

Started sleeping earlier and now I go at midnight to bed, wake up at around 6AM, get a quick coffee and go jogging for an a hour before studying.

Still, my mental stamina is not as good as it was when I was studying at night.

I try to study an hour a day of revision work and do another hour of practice questions or essays.
You should really work on a social life man, I can't imagine what your mental health is going to deteriorate to if you go on like that.
I hope you at least have some internet friends to play vidya with or something user

this guy knows what's up

>Only studying three hours.

Pleb, a true genius such as myself studies eight hours nonstop a day. I know more than you could even begin to imagine.

I took 17 units math/sci + 30hrs/wk work. Studied about 2 hours per week and still got all As. Y'all retarded

Thanks.
But I know I have to do this now if I want to rest on the lores latter.

It's a small price to pay really.

I indend to go to another state (mine has the weather of UK, always raining and cold) and I want to live by the beach.

If I can pass all tests to become a prosecuter (Im an attorney currently) my life would change it for a fucking better.

But yeah, tought I have real friends, most of the time Im secluded studying and only have contact with other ideas on /pol/ or /int/.

I wish I have this mental power.

You probably have telekinetic powers by now.

That's a noble goal user, I hope it works out for you.
You have a lot more dedication than I.

Thanks bro.
It's a mix of goal and necessity.

If I don't move out of this state, then I will have that mental meltdown some user posted up there.

I can't endure another winter in here.

Last year it rained for 2 straight months. I was conteplating suicide for a while when that happened.

On a good day I can study an entire day otherwise it's limited to 6 hours.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

Also, how is your schedule organized?

Really.

I made excel sheets with my subjects, topics, the amount I wanna spend on each subject/topic, the repetition circle...

In the end it was meant to fail. Tried it for months. Planning, each day adjusting etc.

The only thing really worked just writing down in 2-3 advance what I wanna accomplish with some kind of buffer intbetween and the result I wanna achieve in the end of the semester.
Let me tell you 90-100% is never gonna work out. Better spend that time on actually studying.

normally i wouldn't really plan it. i'd just do it. you'll never stick to plans.

I have 15 hours of math/programming/labs and I work part time at Gap.

I have varying time from 2-4 hours before I have classes and then I work 5-10.
I study 2-4 hours everyday and my weekends are usually all study. I have a gf and it's pretty tough

How many working hours are you actually doing at Gap? Keep your head up friendo

Let me guess: you only see her at weekends?

Lots of ppl did that on my uni too.

For a student, the day shuld have like 35 hours to be able to do everything properly.

I have to stick to is because is just too much information to take ramdomely.

I need some organization and create a new routine to adapt and stick it to it.

It's not just a test that I can do an allnight the day before. It's a test that it takes months to prepare unfortunally.

One shot every 3 years it's all you have.

>One shot every 3 years it's all you have.

What kind of degree are you doing that you have just all 3 years one shot?

I have a law degree and Im a licensed attorney.

I intend to become a prosecuter (or a judge) but those tests open only once every 3/4 years.

I have this time tp amass as much knowledge possible because if I dont pass, I can nly try 5 years later.

And boy, the tests are hard. I tell you that.

Here’s how I keep my head above water in engineering.
There are 2-3 hours of lectures per week per unit. The day before each lecture I read the related material in textbooks and make notes. Then, when in the lecture I add to my notes.
There is also a tutorial each weak per unit. The day before the tutorial I do my best to do the allocated work. Then in the tutorial my ability to work through the problems is solidified.
This is the same structure I use for labs too. Do everything I can the day before.

Because I do most of my work the day before, my Friday afternoons and Saturdays are free for relaxing. That is… until we are given assignments.

This structure of revisiting material on different days has made it really easy for me to remember things. But I'm a fucking autist so I have no clue whether this will work for someone else.

3 to 4 hours per credit. Depends on the class though.

Is it really that crazy to study more than 2 or 3 hours? When im close to a test I always begin to study like 2 weeks before it and I study like, from 9am to 12pm, with breaks obviously.

Is almost normal for me to study more than 3 hours.

Enjoy my dump. Ends here.

Ideally you should be studying in addition to homework from day one. Just like a diet, studying will be most effective if done consistently. You should only be setting aside a handful of hours to only go over specific problems that are troubling, not entire sections.

Though cramming does work as well (and yes waiting until 2 weeks before a test still is cramming in a mild sense)

Gonna start to implement this, Thank you!.

If your autism/motivation/concentration was strong enough, you could study from the minute you woke up to the minute you go to sleep. However, this is extremely unhealthy and you need rest or you will revert to your NEET form.

Study 2-8 hours a day with exercise in the morning or night and small breaks in between. Get around 6-9 hours of sleep.

I'm drinking a beer, some grapefruit ipa, and doing calc homework online. It's almost 1am here. It's just plugging answers into a computer. It actually helps because I can redo the problems a bunch of times after I get them right with minor changes in the equations. The beer is just to keep me slightly buzzed. Math/physics is the only subject I have to study for. I'm probably the best writer most of my teachers have seen in a while, in terms of content. I'm just naturally good at writing and I've been around so I know shit.

Math is a constant struggle but it gets so much easier as time passes. I used to be a stoner but haven't touched the stuff in months and have noticed a definite improvement in my cognitive abilities and am able to recall and utilize information that I have only spent a few hours on. As opposed to stoner me, I would have to study the same topics over and over and still it would not stick. I work full time as a chef (40+ hrs) in a baller restaurant and with other baller chefs. If school doesn't pan out (I am sure it will) I can always fall back on that and still make good money and fuck 10/10 young sluts. I need the mental stimulation of math though, its so clarifying and only enhances my other abilities.

Working out almost everyday either in the gym or running, study for as many hours as I can, usually 3-4 with no issues, time just fly's by. Eat well. Fuck a social life. Almost everyone in socal is a pussy liberal pole smoker and I have nothing in common with them anyways and I'm glad I don't.

I actually make decent money so I can splurge on my self which helps a lot.

I respect people who spend 8 hours a day studying, Tesla style. That's awesome, I just don't need to as I am not a pure math major/genius. It's amazing though if that's you. Keep it up, ill buy you a shot and get you laid.

That is one of the best strategies in this thread.

I always await for the class to then, ad up more info from books. Will try doing this before the class.