Get degree in electrical engineering

>get degree in electrical engineering
>sister who got a communications degree and works in HR makes more than me

I fell for the STEM meme.

No, you're just retarded.

Then look at options for career advancement. Or just enjoy working. Working is about loving what you do.

Besides, she got into HR with a shitty comm degree because she's a woman. I fell for the business management meme and I'll probably never advance past operations manager unless I get a graduate's degree. I love what I do, but it hits home when you see people a bit younger than you driving better cars and having bigger houses with more career advancement opportunities.

Getting a master's degree in anything can suck though. Takes forever, no promise for payoff in many fields, etc.

>because she's a woman

Unmarried women with no kids also statistically make more money than men on average too.

This isn't true. Single, childless women make .94 cents on the dollar

>not accounting for difference in labor field, time off, etc.

Your degree is useless when you start working. You need to earn experience before you get any meaningful paychecks.

Well, at least, you are no longer in denial of the problem.

Most of these autists think that if they do well on homework (kek), they will do well in life.

I am sure you have opportunity to pass her up in the long run, and, if not, at least your blood relative is making the money rather than some stranger.

Well, "money isn't everything".

>tfw history degree.

Just do what you love and try to stay out of debt.

>Getting a master's degree in anything can suck though. Takes forever, no promise for payoff in many fields, etc.
You will always get some payoff in doing a masters in statistics or CS, user.

>try to stay out of debt.
>history degree
Was it worth it?

What were your concentrations, and why didn't you do a masters?

This is dubious.

In CS you can start around 60k as a bright student. So assume that you go to a decent state school for your MS, then you will be about 30K in the hole and lose 120K in opportunity costs.

150K total, will the degree ever break even? Maybe.

Why don't you just get an accounting degree?

>Getting a master's degree in anything can suck though. Takes forever
really, faggot? try getting a phd.

60K as a bright student? Idk about that statement, that's like an average salary for an computer science related job. I'd say more around 90K-150K salary for the bright students

to get that pay you need to be a top student from a top school, or a top student from a mediocre school with an impressive portfolio. people that get into the top paying companies (facebook/microsoft/apple, etc) are the best of the best.

Source?

What happens when you are a top student in a top school and still aren't making any money while all of your friends are rolling in the green stuff?

> PhD in Philosophy
> Everyone said I would end up working at Mc Donalds
> Make 6 figures a year
> FeelsGoodMan

> Make 6 figures a year at McDonalds

Nice!

Dont you know how to read or what ?

I said:

>Everyone said I would end up at Mc Donalds because "philosophy is useless"
>End up making 6 figures a year instead of Mc Donalds

So you work at Burger King or what?

You should at least aim for Wendys. Just apply yourself, user

>Make fun of philosophers
>Not making 6 figures
>Probably work as IT
>kek

And what it is that you do? Is the degree relevant?

Hey, working at Mcdonalds isn't too bad if the pay is 6 figures. 9-5 a day doing easy tasks and you don't bring your work home.

Master's degrees only take about 2 years.

This is exactly why everyone makes fun of philosophy majors.

I work as a personal consultant/counselor for a very wealthy man.

Not aiming high enough.

Exactly, the wage gap is a myth.

Hate accounting, plus it would be a step back. Next step for me is MBA.
Rather not.
>Only
Can be a long time for some, especially if you work full time and take classes part time. Might take me three of four years to get an MBA, and even with in state tuition it's really damn expensive.

three or four years*