Everyone wants money and are miserable without it

>everyone wants money and are miserable without it
>those with all the money are bored and miserable

how does science explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when your life accomplishments are being a fat shit, ripping off another person's video game concept to badly design and program a video game that luckily became very popular giving you lots of money, you use that money for all sorts of things normal people use money for. But then when you have everything arleady, you realise that you are a fat shit that has contributed nothing to the world, you are going to die alone because you have no family, all your friends have a price tag, and you have left no conceivable achievements that further the growth and wellbeing of humanity (instead, you have spawned a creation that has addicted millions of young children, now under the sedation of microsoft and google). You realise this, sitting among all your hookers, fake money-friends and billion dollar house that despite all that you have, you are still a fat shit and no one cares about you. It is therefore understandable that the man in that pic is bored and miserable

Science don't explain anything, a great exemple is: feelings

Bored people are boring people. Happiness is something one has go pursue on its own right. It rarely comes to people willingly.

>Happiness is something one has go pursue on its own right. It rarely comes to people willingly.

Very true

lmao who pissed in your cornflakes

notch is alri man, leave him

cause it don't matter, y'all

Studies have shown that there IS a positive correlation between money and happiness, but only up to a range of 80k-120k.

Below and above that range and happiness begins to decrease again. We can probably infer that money makes you happier as you get more, because it reduces the stress of making ends meet, but once you're past the stage of comfort and reach the stage of wealth, materialism takes hold and you end up miserable again.

So, get a good job that nets you just around 6 figures and has a decent amount of time off and you're good

>notch
>representative of all rich people

plenty of rich people who have families, their lives accomplishments and aren't miserable. I'd venture that notch is the exception, not the rule.

Because the only way to be happy is to prove a hundreds years old conjecture. No amount of money can buy a new logical argument. You have to make it yourself.

Human evolution requires an eternal sense of dissatisfaction to progress.

On a micro scale, if a given person feels satisfied, they will not do anything to improve their life. If they're poor and satisfied, they'll stay poor. If they're rich and satisfied, they won't get any richer. There's no reason to work any harder or improve your life or solve any of your problems if you're satisfied.
Example: NEETs.

On a macro scale, suppose humans were satisfied to live in Stone Age squalor, without technology. They would never attempt to make any long-term plans to change the future, would never work together as a group to improve their collective status, and they would end up spend their resources on the here and now. If they are satisfied in their current conditions, they have no incentive to make a concerted effort to form a better civilization.
Example: Africa.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

I spend most of my life getting rid of money and learning not to need or use it. Once I went debt free, life pretty much turned upside down. I have like 0 stress now. Worst thing that happened to me lately was missing the live SpaceX launch.

Your two statements are completely incorrect, fyi.

The "Pursuit of Happiness" is a capitalist construct. You will always be "pursuing" it. You need to get rid of that mindset and just live.

Money can afford an across the board reduction in financial stress and career uncertainty, this is true. But this passive benefit is hard to extract happiness from unless you really learn to focus on your position relative to others. Unlike constant distractions, an active benefit, it doesn't require any real input. If you're lazy and rich, chances are you're missing out on a lot of the active benefits of wealth; vacations, depraved BDSM, volunteering efforts, etc.

That's harsh. Notch is cool. Everyone has issues in their lives, even you.

A second this. From afar, Notch seems like one of the more down to earth success stories.

I have a lot of rich friends and relatives but grew up poor. This is the problem that everyone has. They believe:

1. If I have a girlfriend/boyfriend, then my life will be happy.
2. If I have a dream job, then my life will be happy.
3. If I have a ton of money, then my life will be happy.
4. Etc.

In other words, people have this habit of looking outward to find happiness instead of questioning why they are not happy with themselves.

There's no problem with wanting money OP, because you at least want something. Having goals is what makes people happy.

The reason many people who are rich aren't happy is because they don't have any goals.

>everyone wants achieve [insert goal here] and are miserable without achieving it
>those who have achieved the goal are bored and miserable

You can only be happy if you're working on something.
Without work you just exist, and existential crisis kicks in.

>bored

I have never seen anyone rich that is bored.

They are either stressed because they are juggling an expensive lifestyle or depressed because, even with a shit load of money, they didn't find happiness.

And then, occasionally, there is well-adjusted rich person.

That is a silly meme

In other words, most people need a distaction to be able to ignore the rest

it's true though read Trumps book everyone is miserable

I have a pretty good amount of money and my dream job and I'm not bored and miserable. I think those that earned their wealth are pretty happy, as they seem to be task/accomplishment oriented people (and there's too much to do so you don't have time to reflect on gay shit)

"money doesn't bring happiness" is the kind of myth poorfags love to hear so it ends up spreading quickly.

Make me rich

18Qx9NHUpQTWgjz1s2StzXNGND4ZNixoR2

As someone who was earning $7k a day I can tell you I wasnt happy. I earned that money from SEO and facebook ads doing CPA. Making money is easy but making a CPU is not.

I wouldn't be bored and miserable if I was rich. Money = happiness

Haha, you're believing this?

Inb4 cherry-picked examples proving this statement.

Money opens doors and possibilities. The more you have the easier it is to take a path that will grant you happiness. It's very simple.

Psychology explains it. People want lots of money cause they believe it will fix their pathetic, worthless, miserable lives. And they can pretend to not need anyone and don't have to sincerely thank anyone.
Look at all the gamblers of lottery tickets: the only hope they have is luck because they lack intelligence to study and earn what they have.

That's just semantics, user. Pursuing happiness means doing what makes you happy. If "just living" makes you happy then you're still pursuing it in your own way.

Although I'll agree that pursuing happiness through wealth is frought with error.

Making things on my own brings me joy so I paint, I sculpt, and I do woodworking. Friends and family make me happy so I spend as much time as I can with them. Food makes me happy and it also makes everyone around me happy so I learned to cook. The outdoors make me happy so I go camping , fishing, and hiking. Gardening makes me happy. Spending time with my girlfriend makes me happy. etc. etc.

By consequence I spend very little money as everything that brings me joy is either immaterial or free. I only really ever buy tools and supplies. And even then I never buy new.

t. millionare wanting to keep his money

what's wrong with that?

t. person who didn't actually get rid of money
t. rich person
t. intelligent real person
dum just dum

is lying scum