Is maths objective?

Is maths objective?

yes

of course it is

He died because he did not want to eat for fear of being poisoned.
Was he really that smart?

If maths is not objective, nothing is objective. Something is objective, therefore maths is objective. QED

Applied math is. Most modern theory is pretty much math for the sake of math, with a few exceptions

one of the most brain dead thing i've seen here

>Most modern theory is pretty much math for the sake of math, with a few exceptions
(You)

subjective

It's the idealism that matters

In the end the question is
>Is logic objective
No way to prove that without using logic again.

Hmm, a philosophical question really. We can assume in our general framework that it is objective though as it is based on operations and properties that are unchanged regardless of the operant

I know what math is.
I would tell you what math is, but...
you is evidence based

its actually quite sad. imagine how devastated his wife must have been

Is this syllogism objective?

Any deductive system is objective, as long as everyone agrees on the axioms of the system.

>Proves logic is objective
>using logic

>its actually quite sad. imagine how devastated his wife must have been

his wife died first, that's why godel starved himself. he was such a misogynyst pig that he would only eat food she prepared for him. we really shouldn't hold his work in such high regard

This

>inb4 10 posts beneath me and still no definition of "objective"

If by "objective" you mean "true now and for all time regardless of who observes it" then mathematical constructs with proofs are indeed objective. This is the big advantage Math has over other branches of science, Math is literally logically provable whereas generally, science depends on observation and is only ever a "best-guess-based-on-current-observations".

A mathematical proof is true for all time, in observational science the only thing you can ever be absolutely sure about is being wrong (when a new observation makes mincemeat of your conjecture/hypothesis/theory)