Which is the best degree Veeky Forums?

Which is the best degree Veeky Forums?

>aerospace

>Major: Political science
Get a job working for a think tank ~100k starting
>Minor: African American and/or gender studies
Needs to be something topical so that you have some modern analysis to contribute to any think tank discussions.

Anything else is autism and/or retarded.

Should I fall for the molecular biology and genetics meme?
I don't like physics because I'm fucking retarded by the way.

Nah the job market is awful

The best degree changes but here are the rules:

1) It must be something you enjoy
2) It must be something that you are already good at, even if only at a superficial level
3) It must be unpopular. This is to check that this is something you actually enjoy and not a meme you fell for
4) It must be useful in some way or another in modern society

To expand on 3, what I mean by unpopular is that it is not a meme. If your classrooms are small with maybe less than 30 or 40 students then this is unpopular enough.

To expand on 4, that education should be able to afford you at least a comfy middle class lifestyle.

Anything that does not fall under my rules is a shit tier degree meant for retards.

>tfw pilotage is a shit tier degree

>pilotage

You can enjoy it. You can be good at it. I don't know too many people who go into it so it probably is unpopular. It is definitely useful.

So it is a good degree, if you are a person who is into that kind of shit.

Degrees for ants.

So I guess a degree in jpegging would be unbelievable tier?

Environmental science. It's the most diverse while being marketable. You need to learn biology, chemistry, physics, ecology, statistics, algebra, geology, economics, and more.

You won't get a good job unless you have the intellect of somebody who'd excel at physics.

Electromagnetism fucks my shit up.

>1st year undergrad
>at some normal state school
>thought about being Doctor
>realized I'm at a state school
>no hope

Sorry guys, I tried to be noble and stuff but I don't go to Harvard ;)

Probably just going to major in linguistics

I'm almost done with my degree in physics and I hated that shit as well.

I major in math physics, how am I?

You might be able to go into pharmacy maybe?

Who else Unbelievable tier EE major?

Pretty damn happy with my CS degree. There are a wealth of different jobs I can do and most pay well. Tons of flexibility. Work is fulfilling enough. I'm glad I stuck with it after some doubts freshman year.

>chess board doesn't have proper dimensions
Brainlet confirmed for never playing chess.

>Thinking med schools give a shit about the name of your college.

If you have the MCAT, GPA and hours shadowing and doing community service then you could get your degree from a community college for all they care.

This, and this goes for almost all grad schools. They are going to care more about the results and what you did than the name of your school.

>After squinting, I see that 'Mathematics' is God Tier

I'll play you in chess right now motherfucker

I'm Guest_765455

Any degrees that let you get paid well right away?
I don't want to be this guy but I share his lack of ambition.

AI researcher is the best in this day and age, not sure after the next 30 years.

I'd say physics, electrical & chemical engineering are the best majors in terms of they prepare you for doing just about anything. Physics majors are typically a little smarter (they tend to score highest on pretty much any type of standardized test), but the job outlook is a bit less clear after BS. Engineering's pretty solid, but the coursework is a bit harder and you have to do well. I'd say most other things are overrated (especially computer science, when most computer science majors barely know how to program).

CS is extremely overrated. Many jobs intended for CS end up going to a variety of major. The main pitfall is that too many CS programs barely even teach programming at a sufficient level.

Not true at all for research based grad schools (good ones at least). The name of the people writing your rec letter matters more than anything (except publications) once you have the minimum qualifications they're looking for, and those high end profs are never are shitty schools.

*science-research based, I should say. Can't speak outside of STEM

Gender studies. You can make 300k starting by calling out sexism and blaming others for assuming your gender.

Math is highest possible tier.

I can do Physics, CS, Engineering, ..., fucking anything. It's all plebian next to math.

feelsgoodtobeontop.png

My friend aced the mcat and got denied to hopkins. I was accepted with a 33 and letter about how hard it is to be gay.
>Mfw my boyfriend has been putting his dick in a straight man just so I could get into a decent school

This would actually be funny if it wasn't true.

Yeah, we should have a society full of more eloquent "he dindu nothing" sayers

You both are not funny. Boring meme is boring.