That aspergers guy in class who constantly raises his hand when the professor isn't asking a question...

>that aspergers guy in class who constantly raises his hand when the professor isn't asking a question, and announces some obvious thing as if he is a genius for realizing it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpwnozMh2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that kid who aggressively shouts out keyboard shortcuts to the teacher when she has her computer up on the projector.

>that guy who asks questions, and then answers himself before the professor can even respond

>that chick who said douglas lost the debate to lincoln because he wasn't as telegenic

even the professor couldn't help laughing at her

>that guy who doesn't think a monkey in a room with a keyboard for infinite time could produce Hamlet.

>taking graph theory class
>the entire first two rows are neckbeard CS students who are exactly that guy

>that girl who keeps asking vaguely-related questions pertaining to her personal life as if she's the only person in the class

I call it "front row" syndrome. If you're sitting at the front of the class, you're less conscious of the fact that there are 100 students behind you and so you feel safe to ask stupid questions as if the professor is there specifically for you.

>that grad student in a class of undergrads that references unrelated higher level math to demonstrate his intelligence

no one cares John you stupid fucking manlet stop ruining all of my classes

why is a grad student in a class full of undergrads?

I don't know. he's the one grad student that's miraculously in all of my math classes that he should've taken in undergrad, like abstract algebra and point set topology

i took physical chemistry 2 as a grad student because my undergrad major was mechanical engineering.

i got the highest grade even though this was the second ever chemistry class i took in college, and the first one i took in 5 years kek.

where do you go

>i got the highest grade even though this was the second ever chemistry class i took in college, and the first one i took in 5 years kek.
You're "that" guy.

generic crappy state university

>I got the highest grade

country?

United States

what are you trying to get at?

i just find it incredibly bizarre that someone waited until grad school to take point set topology

i never talked in the class and sat off to the side and towards the back. the only time i said anything is when the professor asked something, stared at the class, and for over a minute no one answered so i'd blurt out the answer.

not even memeing. i can screencap the email the professor sent.

no one cares idiot. you're a grad student, you should be ashamed if you got anything less than the highest grade.

I don't know how he graduated with a degree in math because he's been in the majority of my undergrad math classes, meaning he didn't take them as an undergrad

>that autist who asks irrelevant questions when demonstrating lab techniques to them

Actual example:
>demonstrating stereotaxic surgery
>why don't you guys have a conveyer belt to bring rats in and out of the lab

He was obese.

>that fucker who quotes pseudo-intellectual shit he saw on facebook so he can look a fucking philosopher

>mankind is the only species that can hate itself
>everyone is a genius at something, but people keep telling them they aren't

You'd still have a monkey at a typewriter for infinite time, sure, but I'd be a dead monkey after a finite amount of time.

"^]

You don't have to have a bachelors in math to get into a math graduate program. That's why he's taking all these upper division undergrad credits now.

>>i got the highest grade even though this was the second ever chemistry class i took in college, and the first one i took in 5 years kek.
>i can screencap the email the professor sent.

Kek

>the 3 month summer during which you transition from being an undergrad to a grad somehow results in an insurmountable increase in knowledge
wew

>that guy who raises his hand and gives input after every topic
>literally raises his hand just to say "Huh"

Lower division classes

> that kid who enthusiastically nods when the prof looks at him
> that kid who quickly answers yes when the prof asks if everyone understood

What do you do when the prof looks at you and asks if you get it?

Stare back at him like a vegetable?

The prof isn't asking _you_ whether you got it, but rather is giving the class an opportunity to ask questions to clear up things that weren't understood, before continuing with material that builds upon the things he just explained. It's a rhetorical question.
gj m8, you're that guy

If you're looking around judging people for nodding silently in the middle of a lecture you're significantly more autistic than "that guy"

Protip: I'm not one of the students.

He won't be looking anywhere specific. He doesn't care to see who understands it, he wants to see if there's anyone who doesn't.

What about an infinite amount of monkeys in a room that all type one word into a shared google docs?

Who are you quoting?

>that guy who starts an evolution debate with the professor in Bio 1 or 2

>that professor who starts an evolution debate with the class in Bio 1 or 2

I've taken a lot of science courses, and never once have I had any professor be hostile in their presentation of evolution towards any religion. I've seen one student try to start a debate with a prof though, who basically told him to shut the fuck up and went on with the lesson.

you, faggot.

>faggot
Fun-fact: I'm not actually gay =)

prove it.

>i can screencap the email the professor sent.

I want to see this screencap. Not because I don't believe the guy. It's just fun to see private emails.

We have a highschool kid in my calc III class who prints the slides out, works through them while waiting for class to start, and then calls out the answer before the professor is even done writing the problem out.

It is the most annoying thing I've ever seen a person do.

laughed

thought you should know

>getting this butt blasted that a high school kid is outperforming you

> That kid who asks obvious question
> Professor answers it
> Kid realizes it was obvious
> Kid waits 20 minutes, professor keeps lecturing
> Kid asks extremely complicated question to convince the professor that he is not a brainlet

We've got this guy who is one of the types who refuses to admit when he's wrong -- while being consistently a B student.

>Got into several arguments with the professor because he insisted that a question on a test wasn't clear enough.

>sat in the front row and ate cans of fucking tuna during every class.

>At one point after a test he started freaking out because he misunderstood terminal velocity and proceded to argue with half the class about how the definition he used was correct, and that everyone else must have been wrong.

>mfw I correct my linguistics professor once and he said "Hmm, I'll have to check that.".
>And the next lecture he had found the source I was using and showed it infront of the class and personally thanked me for having insight

I never spoke in class for 2 years after that.

>sat in the front row and ate cans of fucking tuna during every class.
FUCK this guy

if you really, really have to eat in class at least don't eat some fucking rancid sandwich I can smell 5 feet away

>i took physical chemistry 2 as a grad student because my undergrad major was mechanical engineering.

i got the highest grade even though this was the second ever chemistry class i took in college, and the first one i took in 5 years kek.

> this is a nigardly thing to do. Your a niger.

Still being a niger

Niger

Kek

You know you're going be sucking his dick when you faggots graduate right?

I feel like I'm the aspergers guy in class OP is describing. How am I supposed to know when the teachers questions are rhetorical? Whenever they ask actual questions, everyone in the class just sits in silence like retards until I raise my hand to answer. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

>what about the empty set?

I'm like it too. But you should be careful about it if you want to have friends though. Humans are completely vicious and they'll go totally teacher's pet-tier on you if you do that, and never talk to you or invite you for anything.

Why's that?

this is true but a real mathematician doesnt give a fuck and still answers when the prof asks the audience.

similarly, whenever my dynamical systems professor mentions continuous functions this 300lb neckbeard immediately has to ask "with respect to which topology???" as if it isn't obvious that we're using the standard topology generated by (a,b) in R.

>LA_noire_doubt.png

kek

>and since multiplication on R is commutative
>with respect to which ring structure?

this one. its subtle yet happens so often
tfw Ive done it before

>the brainlet offscreen in this lecture who nearly makes Feynman call him a fucking retard

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpwnozMh2U

How do you tell people to actually shut the fuck up during class ?

I hate when people start asking stupid/irrelevant questions or asking the professor to explain the same fucking thing 20 times because they dont get it.

If you dont have enough brain cells you shouldnt be in college to start with, but if you are going to do it then ask the professor once the class is fucking over because he is not there only for you.

I just sit and the last row with my group of friends and only talk when the professor asks a question and all the brainlets are quiet for like 5 minutes to reply so he can continue the fucking class.

Also what the fuck is wrong with first row girls. At first I was like "well these ladies sure are very smart and dedicated" but all they do is talk shit and always get lower grades than me, and all the professors call them by their names because they have talked so much irrelevant shit during class that they basically know their whole lifes.

>talking over Feynman

>install gentoo

>that one morbidly obese guy that smells like fat people do
>spontaneously creates an area of empty seats around him

>a real mathematician doesnt give a fuck and still answers when the prof asks the audience

What's the point of linking it if it's 2 hours long and you didn't make the URL go to a specific time?

>calc III
>slides
Who cares what some highschool faggot is doing. Your professor is screwing you in the anus by teaching calculus over a powerpoint. The kid probably does that in protest.

Top Kek

I also was a grad student whom had to take the "next series up" for chemistry and bio

I blended in though, was only 25 at the time, if anything I felt embarassed as fuck being there

She uses a touchscreen so she can write over the slides. The point is that she wasn't asking the class to answer the problems. She would begin writing an example on the board and he'd shout the answer out before she was even finished.

And he did so for every single example problem.

When class ended he sprinted out of the room, but did that thing where he didn't swing his arms. He's the definition of autismo.

Who the fuck does this?

>that one morbidly obese guy that smells like fat people do

If he's expecting people to say they don't understand it then it's not a rhetorical question.

>that professor who asks trick/brain teaser questions with a shit eating grin

Yesterday some girl asked a question to the prof. After she was done asking the question, some guy raised his hand and asked the prof if he could try explaining the answer himself.

jesus christ i've done this

He probably wasn't a math major in undergrad, and now he's taking extra classes to catch up.

I switched 'majors' for my PhD, and this isn't all that uncommon.

>professor does this multiple times EVERY single lecture
>pretty soon he can't get someone to answer what is actually a straightforward question
This is how you don't teach.

it sounds like CS

>not watching the whole Feynman lecture

>taking 1st semester chem
>some brown kid constantly has to make stoichiometric equations more complicated by incorporating cal II equations in it, and announcing it to the class
>even worse, he had a horrible stutter
>overthinks questions and asks the poor students around him if they also did advanced organic chemistry and calculus shit in their work
>got low grades on tests over how much unnecessary work he did in the equations, thus getting the wrong answer
I get he was trying to show off that he was "smarter", but come on.

i hate this

I like this observation.

>that weird creepy guy who can always be heard above everyone else laughing at a mildly amusing quip the professor made as if it was the funniest thing in the world

Isn't that just a way of showing that you're paying attention? What are you meant to do when they look at you? Frown? Look away? Because that's autistic.

>that 2cool4skool kid who doesn't talk to anyone and rolls his eyes all the time before going home to masturbate and post his demented mind on Veeky Forums

I do this. Nothing feels better than feeling superior to others.

You laugh at him but he's probably trying to get a recommendation letter.

Fucking lol

This reminds me of a kid in my calc 1 and 2 classes that would always ask what variable we were differentiating with respect to in examples. Of course, it was just 2 variables so.the answer was always x. My calc 2 prof called him out on it and the dude started crying about how he just wanted to be certain. Very annoying.

>that kid that talks really fast and asks a completely unintelligible question really loud

>programming class (EE)
>there's this tryhard who dragged a cutie into the class
>obviously not an eng student too hot
>he tries to impress her with his programming knowledge
>every time the prof asks a question he raises his hand and answers it immediately without being told to answer it
>every time he turns to the girl and whispers something like "trivial"

kek :D

>does this formula work in dimension 0 ?
>are we using the axiom of choice ?
>does this form a set ?