Is there any point in learning science in the post-truth world where facts and reality don't matter anymore and...

Is there any point in learning science in the post-truth world where facts and reality don't matter anymore and intellectuals are looked down upon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VsoVYStL6gQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, honestly, I have been recommending that people go into finance.

Oh, meeting cool people is one reason to learn science.

Being driven by the intellectual achievements rather than the perceived consequential social achievements

If you're in medicine and engineering there is, but if not just pack up your bags and go home.

What does this meme of "post-truth" mean exactly?

Trump got elected despite being one of the most blatant bold-faced liars in recent political memory.

in b4 /pol/tard butthurt

Honestly, he's not more of a liar than the common politician, he's just not had 20 years of learning rhetorical evasion and political language.

oh fuck off with this trump hysteria. it's honestly pathetic
>someone i don't like got elected
>OOOH NO THE AGE OF FACTS IS OVER AAAH BOOKS ARE GOING TO BE BURNED IN THE STREETS WHAT DO WE DOOOOOOO

stay mad

you call him a bold-faced liar etc., while you really think that alternatives are better

fuck off, this is why 'intellectuals' like you are looked down upon

rather have a bold-faced liar than a deceptive liar like hillary

Is a bold faced liar with no idea on basic economics still better?

I think the only reason intellectuals are looked down on is because they all seem to have bought into the extreme leftist SJW bias in the higher education system, hook, line and sinker.

It's a real shame. I think educational institutions should be completely apolitical.

The fact is that working class people felt they had to vote for someone like Trump because they're at their wits' end with their communities being rekt by mass migration (while the architects behind it shield themselves from their own policies in their lily-white ivory towers).

I'll take a guy with limited knowledge of economics over a woman whose track record in political office is so fucking horrible that only an ideologue or a woman would ever support her.

Anyone who supported Clinton should take a long hard look at how Libya is after she left it, and how the civilian population there copes with a civil war against ISIS.

>(while the architects behind it shield themselves from their own policies in their lily-white ivory towers).
That's retarded. People voting for "mass" migration are liberals from cities, where there is the biggest concentration of minorities and only a minority of people there can afford to completely cut themselves off them.

You can say that the people most against migration are country rednecks that are a drain on the budget and will only see a black person on the rare occasion when they visit a city.

Yes
>no idea on basic economics
So tell me Juden, what doesn't he grasp?

Because every fuckwit with a liberal arts degree from every shithole degree mill thinks they're an "intellectual" these days.

That's the world's leading scientists, mathematicians, engineers and businessman have been forced to distance themselves from that pseudo-academic culture.

finance is depressing

People in the cities who want more migrants just want them to go somewhere else. Most of these liberals who want migrants live in the least migrant-populated areas.

Bringing more migrants and competition will lead to increased unemployment and lower wages, if we're just focusing on economics and not social issues.

thats bullshit

Lots of people don't like it though, and I think that's perfectly understandable and human. Maybe people are sick of being told that this makes them abnormal and damaged.

And the only reason this exists to vote for in the first place is because politicians cooked it up in the 50s/60s (in Europe anyway). Nobody asked for it and nobody liked it, save for a load of brainwashed adolescent baby-boomers, who seemed to think they knew how the world worked better than any of those old squares from their daddy-o's generation.

>using "intellectuals" as an insult
>on Veeky Forums

>tfw to smart to be insulted by "intellectual"

If you look at the personal life of these liberals, almost all of them are the most blatant fucking hypocrites

Referring to yourself as an intellectual is redditor levels of stupid pretentiousness.

>People in the cities who want more migrants just want them to go somewhere else. Most of these liberals who want migrants live in the least migrant-populated areas.
I doubt it. Most of them won't live in a ghetto but college kids also don't live in ivory towers either way.
>Bringing more migrants and competition will lead to increased unemployment and lower wages, if we're just focusing on economics and not social issues.
The same argument can be used to justify not letting any other group work since it means other groups will need to be paid more. There is also the problem of shit jobs nobody takes that are actually real, besides migrants. Other places have the problem of shrinking working age population compared to people on pensions for example which could only be countered by increasing productivity by automation on top of even heavier taxing and redistribution.

Sure you can say that they should just pay better but then the firm that's based on these shit jobs will often go out of business since chinks do it better. Unless you also get government to artificially prop them up and make them a money sink.
>Nobody asked for it and nobody liked it
So you're saying that you won't find one person being pro immigration? Or are you implying people with wrong opinions are nobodies? Why do you completely disregard so many people. It's like the Brexit vote where people can't understand that either way somebody wanted to be in EU still and somebody didn't want to be in EU. It's not black and white "those guys are doing shit nobody wants and those guys are doing shit everybody wants".
Nope.

OP never did that though

>liberals

youtube.com/watch?v=VsoVYStL6gQ

Yeah, it's more important than ever because of people like Trump. If you don't stick to your values when it gets tough, what's the point of having them in the first place?

It's not that truth has lost its meaning but the news has lost the reinenforcement of truth and shutting down bullshit. Either way science will continue to exist regardless of how fashionable it is to society.

>I'll take a guy with limited knowledge of economics over a woman whose track record in political office is so fucking horrible that only an ideologue or a woman would ever support her.
>only an ideologue or a woman would ever support her.

You misspelled "a majority of American citizens"

Just a reminder that Hillary wanted a open border migrant policy similar to Germany. That worked out well. I'm not anti-immigration nor am I super-pro immigration where everyone can come kumbaya.

t. immigrant

>You misspelled "a majority of American citizens"

A majority of voters perhaps.

>"a majority of American citizens"
>~62 mil voted trump
>~64 mil voted clinton
>US population ~320 mil
okay

I just think someone like Trump being voted in was inevitable so all this shock and surprise is staggering.

Society is just like an organism: give it a certain stimulus and a chain of events occurs and results in a behaviour. Simple cause and effect.

You can whine about ideals but that won't change the fact that this happened as a direct result of prior events.

I don't see how it's that relevant. Germany is still doing fine regardless of how much media concentrate on a few terrorist attacks that happened after tens of years of immigration.

Believe me I would've preferred if we went down on the immigration but not if I have to choose between people that fuck up on everything else
I don't see how your post is relevant to my post

>I don't see how it's that relevant.
>I don't see how your post is relevant to my post
You seem to have a disease that prevents you seeing the relevance of things.

For fun I guess?
Facts and reality never mattered much in the world. Logic never mattered over feelings, not even before post-truth, for how much it's hard to accept it

Real americans, aka whites
support Trump in a landslide

Being pro illegal immigration is being against the enforcement of the law, it's fucking retarded. Dems don't want to reform the law but they also don't want the law to be enforced because that's racist, absurd position to take.

>a few terrorist attacks
Are you insane? They've stopped hundreds of planned terror attacks after the migrant crisis. Rapes and sexual assaults went up over 200%, some places 400%. Now those migrants are disseminating into neighbouring european countries.

Germany is not doing fine.

and a lot of those people voted obama but did not vote for clinton

white supremacy amirite guise?