What has been your least brainlet/most difficult class?

I will start, vibrations (grad).

>Be first day
>Professor explains syllabus
>Everything ok
>Professor now explains Springs, still ok
>Complex numbers appear
>Integral average with complex numbers
>We are 30 minutes into the first class and doing signal processing
>tfw haven't done any complex math in 2 years
>tfw it's only the first week

Precalc

>Physics: Mechanics
>Methods of Lagrange and Hamilton
>Continuous media using Fourier series
>Mathematical formulation of the dynamics of a particle and systems of particles, including applications to atomic physics

>Civil engineering major

Pre-algebra

Pre-arithmetic

20th century folk music

>Quantum Field Theory
>Went from simple shit like canonical field quantization over to Feynman path integral, toy theories (phi^4) and then some aspects of quantum field theories (renormalization, regularization, other weird stuff that I can't really remember).

Applied Multivariate Methods (undergrad statistics)
>first day explains basics of multivariate variables, e.g. bivariate normal, and linear algebra recap
>ok
>second day immediately launches into a clusterfuck of matrix algebra
>more inconsistent and elaborate notation then i've seen in any other topic, including financial math
>get A in the class because prof was a pushover who basically gave homework solutions in his office hours
am I a brainlet?

anyone that has a problem with the mechanics portion of physics shouldn't be allowed in engineering.

Sure, why not?

Also, bump.

It's not newtonian mechanics, it's hamiton and lagrange. That's way over most engineers

As only 4th semester EE none of my courses have really been difficult at all. The circuits 2 I have this semester may be tougher than it has to be though because the teacher has a very low rating on ratemyprof.

That's true for most engineers. However, any third year, mechanical engineer who wants to get into robotics knows about it.
> Source: Mech E grad
However, I think that teaching Legrangian mechanics to Civils is a bit extreme and unrelated.

Math in Moscow-esque program lacking all the pre-reqs as basically a freshman in grad level courses taught by russians.

5 minutes in and they covered all of undergrad algebra

Very extreme. When I told my professor my major, he literally laughed and said I might as well drop the class, as there's no way I'd pass with an A.

He was right. I passed with a C-. Literally 2 points and .02% above a 70%.

thankfully I'm in chemical

>courses taught by russians.
Do they have a reputation? The one russian professor I had fucked my shit up.

Genderfluid mechanics I

Sometimes you must walk before you run

sometimes you must be dragged by a truck at 30mph before you can fly

"And does anyone here know the cause of cancer?"

Veeky Forums.

"My office, 10 minutes"

>functional analysis

Story?

Functional analysis

>Functional

wut, functional is a logical and reasonable subject.

Probably intro to string theory for me. We did conformal field theory, then applications to string theory. Was pretty brutal. I probably struggled the most with category theory tho desu, I'm a mathematical physicist and don't have a really good intuitive grasp on algebra and we did lots of homological algebra.

>differential geometry
the real deal. I mean principal connections, soldering form and similar shit, not introduction to smooth manifolds.

It really is, it is a very neat subject. I didn't find it outrageously difficult, but of all the classes that I've taken in my masters, I thought it was the most demanding one.

There isnt one really. I took his class, he went 0-100 and then slammed everyone on the exam. After being asked about the extremely low passing rate he was like "iz life".

Ayyy I'm taking a grad vibrations course too, but it's going way slower

My hardest course was probably QM1 in undergrad, though a grad FEM course is a close second. Got Cs in both.

>BSME, MSAE

>Applied Multivariate Methods
Same here but took the course as a grad student after working in industry for a few years.

>this is how they do it in industry
>mfw no nigger it's not
>tell me more about your industry experience
>never worked in industry, always an academic

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D